View Poll Results: Rate The Box Art Out Of 5 Stars

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Amazing! Better than many other box arts.

36 32.73%
  • 4 Stars - Great. Worthy of retailing.

47 42.73%
  • 3 Stars - Nice to look at. Could be better.

15 13.64%
  • 2 Stars - Ok. Could be improved significantly.

8 7.27%
  • 1 Stars - Bad. Should be scrapped.

2 1.82%
  • 0 Stars - Utter #@%^!!!

2 1.82%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Third Age Total War Box Art Preview...

Icon6 Re: Third Age Total War Box Art Preview...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobi19 View Post
    Too many people are forgetting that one of the most popular shooters to this day originated from a game called Half-life. Counter Strike... seems to have hit store shelves... multiple times. With a little help from Sega and CA, I'm sure KK could get this game into boxes and onto the shelf.

as much as he deservs the moneyi dnt think the team would want to charge people and he he wouldnt want sega and CA all over it i dnt think xD if anything after this project they should work for a stand alone game id get it xD a bit like mount and blade style ... stratgey and u can get involved in the battlefeild but ofc i think there standard of work would be higher quality xD

Maca's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: NEW PICS: Third Age Total War Box Art Preview...

Really great, 5*

Brilliant pics, especially the Mumakil. Love the 100% score. It's small things like these that I love.

One thing that you could change is turn the "over ten Factions" to "twelve Factions" but this is so minor that I didn't take a star off, just suggests that there could be nineteen Factions, for instance.

By the way, Don't play the sympathy card by saying you're only 15, so am I, and I hate sympathy pleads.

Edit: forgot the +rep

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Creating a completely new game is much, much harder then modding a game. You need a new game engine, graphics, sounds and all of that.

Never said completely new game, only said ALMOST a complete new game, the only thing is the the engine, graphics, well, textures are most of the graphic section by itself, yes of course the graphical engine is something unreplaceable, the sounds can be replaced.

IF CA would get hands on it, im sure it would do some improvements of their own, sounds and minor tweaks, this is a mod that has, as counter strike had, large chances of hiting the shelves, but empire total war kinnda gave a bad name to the total war series, imho...

I agree, Sega and or CA should hire all the members of this mod, buy the rights from the Tolkien estate and make a full Third Age: Total War game, unless they hire KK and the others that did this mod though (and give them complete creative freedom), they can suck it! lol
    <edit> Oh btw, did you do the snow over Isengard in Photoshop or something or is there a submod that adds Winter to the campaign map? </edit>
    Last edited by DoktorJ; September 07, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorJ View Post
    I agree, Sega and or CA should hire all the members of this mod, buy the rights from the Tolkien estate and make a full Third Age: Total War game, unless they hire KK and the others that did this mod though (and give them complete creative freedom), they can suck it! lol
    <edit> Oh btw, did you do the snow over Isengard in Photoshop or something or is there a submod that adds Winter to the campaign map? </edit>

there's a small sub mod that adds winter and more detailed campaing map overall, NOT RECOMMENDED if you already lagg with vanilla TATW campaing map...

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Really great, 5*

Brilliant pics, especially the Mumakil. Love the 100% score. It's small things like these that I love.

One thing that you could change is turn the "over ten Factions" to "twelve Factions" but this is so minor that I didn't take a star off, just suggests that there could be nineteen Factions, for instance.

By the way, Don't play the sympathy card by saying you're only 15, so am I, and I hate sympathy pleads.

Edit: forgot the +rep
    Yeah. I still gotta do some major work on the back cover anyway: it doesn't match the rest. But point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorJ View Post
    Oh btw, did you do the snow over Isengard in Photoshop or something or is there a submod that adds Winter to the campaign map? </edit>
    Why yes, yes there is...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=292109

Very nice work man! +rep

Lol I just realized something, pc games aren't put in boxes anymore, they have cases instead =P

That was very mych

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

i like them a lot / i gonna print this one for sure in a few days on a nice
    color laser printer in my university.

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    I'm not wanting symptathy, he made the box have an age limit of 16 years old, and I made a joke about me being only 15.
    Geez, who takes the smiley seriously anyways?

I do

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Seriously, I can do better (give me a week)

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon3 Re: NEW PICS: Third Age Total War Box Art Preview...

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    i like them a lot / i gonna print this one for sure in a few days on a nice
    color laser printer in my university.
    When I've fixed it up to a final high standard I'm going to print off a couple of glossy versions and put it in a DVD case. And I'll also get a blank CD and print the CD art onto it. Then I'll mail it to King Kong and the development team!...Hmmm...Idea coming on
    What if people could order the cases for free. They would recieve the box-set and on the CD there would be all the current versions (patches) of TATW on there andalso a link to the TWcenter site where they can download more recent patches. We could ask CA to fund the production cost as it would spread their brand with it. Of course on the box it will say 'Requires Medieval 2 Total War & Medieval 2 Total War: Kingdoms to play', that is where CA would profit. It would ultimately act as a free Expansion Pack for MTW2K... Unless CA are willing enough for them to sell it at a proper retail price...

Would it work?

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    When I've fixed it up to a final high standard I'm going to print off a couple of glossy versions and put it in a DVD case. And I'll also get a blank CD and print the CD art onto it. Then I'll mail it to King Kong and the development team!...Hmmm...Idea coming on
    What if people could order the cases for free. They would recieve the box-set and on the CD there would be all the current versions (patches) of TATW on there andalso a link to the TWcenter site where they can download more recent patches. We could ask CA to fund the production cost as it would spread their brand with it. Of course on the box it will say 'Requires Medieval 2 Total War & Medieval 2 Total War: Kingdoms to play', that is where CA would profit. It would ultimately act as a free Expansion Pack for MTW2K... Unless CA are willing enough for them to sell it at a proper retail price...

Would it work?
    There could be an exclusive Balrog unit

Warmaster Tibs's Avatar Senator

wow thats awesome!!! I give it a 4.
    The AI is like a retarded overwieght child. He realy want all those fries, he just does not know how to get them. http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/imag...unny/81776.gif

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Wow thats awesome!

But isn't the Third Age begining in the mod?

Or am I completely wrong.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast