Page 4 of 143 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: A Game of thrones HBO series (may contain spoilers)

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: A game of thrones update

Although I like the washed out look for Fantasy stuff, I honestly hope they progress into that style and not do the whole thing that way and it was just a choice for the trailer. I say this because the book starts out in a happy and hopeful place, we see the Kingdom in its good times which is then a complete contrast to the events that follow. I want to see the colors of the sigils and the banners and the food since Martin goes to so much pains to describe them in the first book.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Orko's Avatar Praeses

HOLY !
    I can't ing wait for this thing!
    Last edited by Orko; November 18, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Brain_in_a_vat's Avatar Domesticus

Let's hope it's not garabage then! I'm about as hopeful as can be as it seems HBO are incapable of making a bad TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain_in_a_vat View Post
    Let's hope it's not garabage then! I'm about as hopeful as can be as it seems HBO are incapable of making a bad TV series.
    Well the only HBO series ive watched are Rome and the Tudors and thats because we dont have HBO in the uk, so as long as no-one in the US ruins the impression i have that HBO only makes good tv shows, it bodes well for a game of thrones.

The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, In Treatment, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Generation Kill, Band of Brothers are HBO shows, on top of the two you mentioned. The greatest TV series of all time were made by HBO, which is why I have confidence in them to produce the best adaption possible. They're also very consistent in making amazing shows, which is more than you could say for most other channels such as FX, which are usually one-hit-wonders.

Unless you'd rather the BBC take over

The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, In Treatment, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Generation Kill, Band of Brothers are HBO shows, on top of the two you mentioned. The greatest TV series of all time were made by HBO, which is why I have confidence in them to produce the best adaption possible. They're also very consistent in making amazing shows, which is more than you could say for most other channels such as FX, which are usually one-hit-wonders.

Unless you'd rather the BBC take over
    Well Rome was co-produced with the bbc , we just need HBO for the financial muscle. Unfortunately it will probably be shown on sky, which means we'll have to wade through reams of adverts to watch the damn thing.
    Last edited by General Brittanicus; November 18, 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Banfred's Avatar Miles

Lots of new pictures released today:

Do you play Morrowind? Do you like old castles, ferocious hairy beasts, expansive wintry forests, and killing dark elves?

Then check out Skyrim: Home of the Nords! A mod for TES III: Morrowind.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Already posted.
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Been looking forward to this. HBO ftw.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Pics look awesome. I love the costumes, such a breath of fresh air after expecting typical dull medieval clothing/armour.

Yes, I like Sean Bean.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Well the only HBO series ive watched are Rome and the Tudors and thats because we dont have HBO in the uk, so as long as no-one in the US ruins the impression i have that HBO only makes good tv shows, it bodes well for a game of thrones.

the tudors has nothing to do with HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    the tudors has nothing to do with HBO
    lol on closer inspection i find this is true- dont knwo why i thought they did it

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

Can't wait.
    Now if only GRRM would hurry up with A Dance with Dragons....
    MY life would be near-fulfilled xD

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

Which book would people generally consider the best out of the four that have been released? I'm nearly finished with A Game of Thrones and I'm afraid that it's the pinnacle.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Very high expectations for this.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Banfred's Avatar Miles

Which book would people generally consider the best out of the four that have been released? I'm nearly finished with A Game of Thrones and I'm afraid that it's the pinnacle.
    Though most people will problably tell you the 3rd book, the 2nd was my favorite. IMO, it's essentially Tyrion's book because he does so much awesome stuff in it.
    Do you play Morrowind? Do you like old castles, ferocious hairy beasts, expansive wintry forests, and killing dark elves?

Then check out Skyrim: Home of the Nords! A mod for TES III: Morrowind.

There should be a 'A Song of Ice and Fire' subforum I could discuss these novels for hours.

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

I don't think so, nothing tops the book with the Red Wedding in it, it actually made me feel physically ill, it was written that well, no other book has ever done that to me.
    There should be a 'A Song of Ice and Fire' subforum I could discuss these novels for hours.
    Well I don't know if you're aware but people are making a mod of Westeros for MTW2:Kingdoms, so there is some discussion possible there.
    As well as this site, it's in hilarious

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

Orko's Avatar Praeses

The second and third ones are generally considered the best of the series.