Thread: Joan of Arc

Default Joan of Arc

Does Joan of Arc appear in this mod? And how come King David II is on the English side when in the French description, it says he fled to France?

Default Re: Joan of Arc

I believe Joan does appear. I remember Vas had one hell of a time trying to include her.

And yes, David II appearing on the english side is a big gaffe I commited almost 2 years ago when I started this mod and knew nothing about the subject.
    Several books later I am a bit wiser (but not much).

I will obviously be changed with the inclusion of Scotland in version 1.0.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Ofc Jeanne d' Arc is in!
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Ooh good I'm gonna have a hell of a time owning her. I remember the time when I attacked an army of 8 Gendarmes and a few men with 1 English Knight, General, Hvy and normal Billmen and Longbowmen >.<
    If Scotland comes into the mod, does it mean more places added to the campaign map up the top?

No, I am quite set on not expanding the map. I know that many people have clamored for the map to be extended northward as well as to the south. But let us remember the important fact that this is a mod about a war fought mostly on french soil.

The scottish campaigns were relevant for the period from about 1300 to 1350 (so they actually affect 13 years of the period discussed here) and then again during the welsh uprising of around 1400 to 1410.

The scottish intervention will occur as a number of raids onto english soil, where the scots will intrude as hordes.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by on a mountain View Post
    The scottish intervention will occur as a number of raids onto english soil, where the scots will intrude as hordes.
    Don't reveal all the cool stuff dammit!
    J/K.
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Oh good idea the English were very annoying on my French campaign and the French pretty much got ganged on my English campaign so the English really need a good military challenge

Did you make it as far as the welsh rebellion?

Just did. Give them some provinces and they'll be a bit nicer (good thing I didn't really invade France)
    I haven't really got that far yet. I'll edit this post when I get further in.
    I still think English are way easier (probably why French are classified as Very Hard) when you make Flandres and Burgundy have troubles with the French. Besides, I noticed some of the French provinces revolted which Flandres and I took.

yes.

That is something I envisage for the future: including sth like the baronies, so that England can be further pummeled into submission every once in a while. Make a big revolt with Henry IV at 1398 and have him invade Britain in East Anglia. Making another one at about 1450 with Edward IV, so that just 3 years before the end of the game, if you haven't won as England, you are going to get your heart ripped out.

Maybe also make a big peasants revolt in 1382 in England (just create a few huge rebel stacks next to London).

But then, we might also include the big peasant revolts in France. There was a lot of that as well.

Oh well. First we have to finish 1.0. enough to do on that one yet.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

I'm hardly a wizard on the Hundred Years War, but didn't the Scots support France? If so, will we possibly see some Scottish activity in France. For example, when and if they are allied with France, they could possibly send an army or two to join the french side.

Quote Originally Posted by on a mountain View Post
    yes.

That is something I envisage for the future: including sth like the baronies, so that England can be further pummeled into submission every once in a while. Make a big revolt with Henry IV at 1398 and have him invade Britain in East Anglia. Making another one at about 1450 with Edward IV, so that just 3 years before the end of the game, if you haven't won as England, you are going to get your heart ripped out.

Maybe also make a big peasants revolt in 1382 in England (just create a few huge rebel stacks next to London).

But then, we might also include the big peasant revolts in France. There was a lot of that as well.

Oh well. First we have to finish 1.0. enough to do on that one yet.
    Edward IV must be really mean.
    Is there any way that the French could take advantage of the rebellions because the French seem a bit stupid.
    Maybe you could keep King David II on the English side, then make him revolt when the Scottish come so the Scots actually have a leader. You could also make him revolt if he battles with the French, he could have a "Traitor to our People" message and have him join France.

Be sure, the scots will be in. We are trying this right now (as I post, more or less). If it works it will be lots of fun.

3 years later, Joan was not added?