Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Currency of Middle Earth?

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon14 Re: Currency of Middle Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    I'm not sure that this can be done, but if it can then I would love it as having differant currencies would really add immersion to the game.
    Yes small changes can really make a difference to one's enjoyment of the game.

Mirians sounds best though...

Maca's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Currency of Middle Earth?

Looking through the list I must say that côl jumps out at me as being the best to use.

If mirian was a gondor coinage, then it makes no sense to me that factions like Rhun would use it. I would imagine that when doing deals with other factions, most would use gold, or côl.

I must say that mirian sounds better though.
    Last edited by Maca; September 05, 2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Looking through the list I must say that côl jumps out at me as being the best to use.

If mirian was a gondor coinage, then it makes no sense to me that factions like Rhun would use it. I would imagine that when doing deals with other factions, most would use gold, or côl.

I must say that mirian sounds better though.
    Col is a bit too like coal. Mirian sounds more expensive.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

I bet that Mirian won't be pick by the team. They were used by FATW team, and it will look like copying...

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    I bet that Mirian won't be pick by the team. They were used by FATW team, and it will look like copying...
    Why wouldn't they? It's just a term created by Tolkien and the mod is based on the lore of Middle-earth so I don't see any problems. Mirian sounds great and is pretty lore-accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by WImPyTjeH View Post
    Why wouldn't they? It's just a term created by Tolkien and the mod is based on the lore of Middle-earth so I don't see any problems. Mirian sounds great and is pretty lore-accurate.
    I agree with WImPyTjeH

I dont think Mordor needs gold. They may just use Sauron's karma as currency.

Mouth of Sauron: Do you feel today like using your mighty power this nightful morning, Dreadlord?
    >> There are many things to do. The governor of Dol Guldur has written to us to request a Barrack and 2 Orcs-Looter units in the settlement; also, the Black Gate informs that Baby-Trolls have been eaten by drunk spiders and humble asks for new ones. And your majestic Heir, the Witchking, would want Osgi's walls to be repaired as soon as possible.
    Sauron: OH, NO, NOT TODAY. I HAVE A TERRIBLE HANGOVER.
    Mouth of Sauron: But, my Lord! I'm your Mouth you can not contradict me.
    Sauron: OUT OF MY SIGHT, MAGGOT. THERE ARE TWO YOUNG ELVEN LADIES TOPLESS IN FORLONDS BEACH AND YOU MAY NOT INTERRUPT MY DEALINGS.
    Mouth of Sauron: (For himself): He hasnt been the same since that fly got into his eye. If had only left one oculist alive! But none dwells between the Great River and the Huge steppes of Rhun. I miss your blue eye so much, Saurie! Back then, my heart shocked swiftly when you stared at me...
    Last edited by sturmdg; September 06, 2009 at 08:03 AM.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Sturmdog you rep spree is on the way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12