View Poll Results: What is you're favourite faction?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gondor

21 19.27%
  • Rohan

5 4.59%
  • Eriador

2 1.83%
  • Dale

3 2.75%
  • High Elves

16 14.68%
  • Silvan Elves

19 17.43%
  • Dwarves

14 12.84%
  • Orcs Of The Misty Mountains

1 0.92%
  • Isengard

9 8.26%
  • Mordor

9 8.26%
  • Harad

3 2.75%
  • Rhun

7 6.42%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Faction Who Won?

Default Re: Your Favourite Faction

Dwarves then Isengard and third Gondor
    Dwarves is a challenge to kill range units without them and without cavalry

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Isengard, because of Imperial mightness what it make you to feel! Large unnaturaly strong leginons covered in iron, and can walk over every enemy they have to face!

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Rhun, their starting position is very good, gold mines and caravan stops make ridiculous amounts of money, main opponents are weak (Dale roster needs improvement, SE tend to take a huge beating from OotMM and Mordor, and dwarves under AI control likes to focus on their Blue Mountain settlements in my games), their armies are balanced, and high end units are quite good.

I cannot vote, I have played two campaings: High Elves and Dwarves and loved them both. I will play then with Rohan and then Gondor and then the evil guys. This mod Rocks!
    Check out my cartoons about the E:TW Artificial "Intelligence" in the RAGE!!! thread:
    - Suicidal Minors.
    - The three-party-Free-for-all war.
    - The AI's favorite get-rich-quick scheme.
    - Whac-A-Raider.

Gondor. Balanced armies with solid troops that, aesthetically, look great. Challenging campaign (especially with RC/RR, since Upkeep costs are basically ridiculous and that means you'll have to fend off invasion from the east and south with very limited troops) adds to the enjoyment. I think I'll try Rohan next, since the modelers did very well with their unit skins as well.

High Elves DEFINITELY! They are bad-A! I love how they start with the empire split in two with Imladris as the military center and the Grey Havens as an economic center. Also, OOTMM is ripe for the taking and have some rich cities.

Also, their units are really powerful ans fun to play with...especially their light archers in the beginning just own everybody!

BTW - EVAN why does your portrait make me uncomfortable? Who is that or who is that supposed to be? Just makes me shudder.

Forth Erolingas!

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

After I saw DG's preview of the Militia -> ERIADOR ROCKS!

Forth Erolingas!
    It's Eorlingas

By far IMO Silvan Elves for there powerful bows and there swift swords
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

I've only really played as Isnegard and a little bit of Gondor so far, but I'm really enjoying my Isengard campaign
    I might go for Rhun next, I like their swanky armour

Maca's Avatar Decanus

Gondor.

I have a liking of the looks of their infantry. Plus they have a unit for every occasion while in campaign they have a trusty ally, (once you ally with them), in Rohan to guard the north when they aren't being wiped out.

Harad. The mumakil are the greatest soldiers a man could ever have. also, i can say they are commencing a Jihad when invading Minas Tirith.

I know i'm racist.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

It won't allow me to vote, but my favorites are Gondor and Rhun!

Mordor!

Tie between Rhun, the Haradrim and Mordor

Rhun has the best starting position and Loke Gamp-rim are too awesome to describe.

Mordor is the most fun because... slaughtering thousands of Gondorians with Olog-hai and Black Numenoreans is too cool.

Haradrim has a horrible starting position (almost as bad as Gondor's imho) but it also has some of the coolest units in the game.

Why has Harad a horrigle start position? They can expand easily and they have only one enemy around who is in trouble with Mordor.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Yes, Harad has definitely the easiest starting location...they only had hard economy at the start

My favourite faction is definatly the dwarves! I like their units roster with almost no missile units, absolutly no cavalry (they tend to make battles way to easy for me, and I don't hire cavalry I don't like mercenaries ). They also got a great starting position, defided so that I really get the idea I have to unite the dwarven clans. But most of all, dwarfs are just awesome
    2nd will be rhûn, because they got beautiful units

Isengard and Rhun. I'll play my next campaign with dwarves and then see. But I think that Eriador will be my favourite one once its designed again... Its funnier when I play with factions that arent followed so intensive in the books for I feel more free to change the story... (or history, in this case)

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Mordor, hordes upon hordes of orcs charging the enemy, with supporting trolls and Black Númenorians... and I never care for own losses!
    OotMM for similar reasons as a second...
    (I would have placed Isengard as my second if they were displayed the same way as in the books... they were quite similar to Mordor...)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast