Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Zeus v0.99 - the Omnipotent RTW Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Zeus v0.87 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Yeah, I done all that. This is going really off-topic lol. Other people say there version works but mine doesn't and someone elses who tried it.

It's strange.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Zeus v0.87 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Lord Dakier: If you're not even sure what you're doing in the first place, then I wouldn't blame Zeus for it.

I'm not blaming Zeus lol. I was just originally stating that the files it was searching for where already there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Lord Dakier: If you're not even sure what you're doing in the first place, then I wouldn't blame Zeus for it.
    Lol , you're saying this on a way like there was a divorce and the husband - Zeus - was the one who made the marriage go wrong

This BOA bug just got me annoyed lol. I'd hoped Zeus would of helped me figure it out but I still don't understand the program :/

Lord Dakier: If you can't even figure out Zeus, then modding is not your forte.

I dunno, I'm just getting confused at the moment.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

I have no clue about how to make a programm like this, but I do mod, and this tool certainly is very useful, especially with the DS name validator built in. I have a suggestion, though:

Now faulty names are caught, but only if they are in descr_strat and not in descr_names in the right place. How about something which checks the other name faults, which cause very annoying CTDs ingame. Basically, it would find a name in descr_names and then check for it in descr_names_lookup and between { } in names. That would be extremely useful for me and anyone else who intends to overhaul the names.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

There's a tool for M2TW that does that, but it works perfectly well on RTW names files as well (you just need the descr_names_lookup.txt files to be current).

EDIT: Here's the thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85734
    Last edited by Squid; October 11, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

It once worked but now it seems to freeze whenever I opened it.

Attachment 59200

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

New bug, the texture checking component is returning an error if the file format is tga instead of tga.dds. Both are valid formats, yet tga is not picked up.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

If you're looking for suggestions on where to take zeus from here, adding EDU checking functionality would be nice, especially checking if the factions listed as owners for a unit have corresponding textures for the models, including merc textures for units with the mercenary_unit attribute.

I don't think I have the time this week to work on Zeus, but I might be taking it up for a spin when I get some free time

Good tool!!!
    Please continue to work on its development

This is really of good help. Try to improve it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    This is really of good help. Try to improve it further.
    True... Its a great tool, it would be even better if it got perfected...

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zeus v0.88 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

With RedFox's permission here's a new release of the zeus tool.

Change Log:
    - Fixed a bug in non-mod foldered location code
    - Removed texture name warning for non-modfoldered locations
    - Texture checker now checks for both tga and tga.dds files
    - Now reads mod_0.pak and mod_1.pak files if they exist
    - Fixed crash where zeus attempted to read from an empty pak file
    - Pak files are first attempted to be read from the mod folder and if they aren't present attempts to read them from the vanilla folders
    - Fixed a parsing error in the model checker where it was chopping off part of the model path of certain model lines
    - Changed the unit ownership checker to check for ownership if the unit was a mercenary_unit (EDU ownership is required of such units if they are recruitable in EDB)

Download from here.

I did not intend to break any existing functionality when making the above changes, but its possible that I may have, so if you find any bugs please report them here.
    Last edited by Squid; April 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM.

Default Re: Zeus v0.88 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Excellent!

Yes
    you are the best

Thanks a lot!