Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Zeus v0.99 - the Omnipotent RTW Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Default Re: Zeus v0.90 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

There is none. But there are units that have model_sprite lines that are generic (no faction). Could this be the problem?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zeus v0.90 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

It shouldn't be, as it reads those correctly at least for RS1.6a, since when it finds one of those it marks it as the merc sprite line.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Based on what I found in the code you do have a line with just model_sprite on it (it could also have other stuff that's been commented out). The next version I release will include a line number.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Does it has a specific limit of characters (spaces/tabs) to read until it finds the faction name/distance or does it just read until it finds the next element? Because I have many cases of "model_sprite" + 4 tabs + ...
    Also, does it matter if there are white_huns and moors lines (are they valid faction names)?

A line number would be nice.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

If you have an editor like notepad++ do a regular expression search for model_sprite\W*;|model_sprite\W*$ that should get you to all lines that either have nothing after model_sprite or have everything after model_sprite turned off. If you send me the file, I'll see if the new release I'm working can give a line number.

Nevermind, went temporarily blind there, and missed two "model_sprite;" lines... Thanks for the patience.

Still, that line number would be helpful.
    Last edited by Aradan; July 14, 2010 at 01:10 PM.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

this seems a great tool; Is it working with MedII?

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

It might be able to do some work with M2TW, but anything that required modelsdb would not work because the model file was different for RTW. So you could probably use it for ownership checking, names checking, ui/ui info/building card checking (provided you unpacked the entire game first for the cards).

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zeus v0.91 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Well I was at it again.

Added:

• When checking for whether a model is used or not, descr_mount is now also included in the check
    • When checking for texture/model_sprite lines it also checks the units associated mount to see if its model has a texture/model_sprite line

Changed:

• EDB ownership check now groups errors by line instead of by faction
    • unit/unit info card check now defaults to checking EDU instead of EDB

Fixed:

• EDB ownership check only checking the last recruitment line for a unit in EDB
    • EDB ownership check where units who ownership line contained all were generating ownership errors
    • unit/unit info card scan where units owner by the slave faction's culture were not generating errors if the slave faction was missing cards
    • texture/model_sprite line checker not checking for texture/model_sprite lines if the ownership line included all

EDIT: @Aradan - I've added line numbers to a few error messages that I noticed weren't outputting them.
    Last edited by Squid; July 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Default Re: Zeus v0.91 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Excellent job in improving the Zeus, Squid!

OMG, this tool is saving my life! Great improvement since older versions. Keep up the good work!
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Would it be possible to add a check function for the buildings in descr_strat.txt and see if they match with EDB.txt?
    Last edited by Spartan 666; December 10, 2010 at 04:18 AM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Possible of course, likely in the near future no. I've got an outstanding update to ATVTW still waiting to be completed + a new tool I'm working on that I'd also like released, at least in some form before Christmas. After those two I may update Zeus with this request.

I've got this error while checking edu model references.

"Error in DMB cache!

L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau. (Translation : The index is outside the limits of the array)
    In 4753: texture"

It seems the program is trying to write/read something that's too large for the existing array. (Just my thoughts.)
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

What's on line 4753 of the DMB in question? If you could post the whole DMB entry that line is located in it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Squid; February 14, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

What's on line 4753 of the DMB in question?
    Nothing unusual. I've attached the DMB with it.

PS : It makes the tool crash, I didn't say it.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Code:
    type                 eastern_foot_skirmisher
    skeleton             fs_s1_semi_fast_javelinman, fs_s1_semi_fast_swordsman
    indiv_range         40
    texture         romans_scipii,     data/models_unit/textures/tone/scythia/eastern_foot_skirmisher_scythia.tga  ;;scythian foot skirmisher
    texture         parthia,     data/models_unit/textures/tone/parthia/eastern_foot_skirmisher_parthia.tga  ;;parthia recruits merc
    texture            greek_cities,     data/models_unit/textures/tone/freegreeks/scythian_foot_skirmisher_bosporan.tga          ;;scythian foot skirmisher
    texture         pontus,     data/models_unit/textures/tone/pontus/eastern_foot_skirmisher_pontus.tga      ;;scythian foot skirmisher
    texture         britons,     data/models_unit/textures/tone/freegreeks/scythian_foot_skirmisher_bosporan.tga          ;;scythian foot skirmisher
    texture 
    texture         slave,         data/models_unit/textures/tone/scythia/eastern_foot_skirmisher_scythia.tga          ;;scythian foot skirmisher
    texture         merc,         data/models_unit/textures/tone/AOR/Hyrkania/hyrcanian_hillmen.tga           ;;Hyrkania 'hyrkanian foot skirmisher'
    model_flexi             data/models_unit/eastern_foot_skirmisher_high.cas, max
    model_sprite        50.0, data/sprites/RS_eastern_foot_skirmisher_sprite.spr
    model_sprite        romans_scipii,     50.0, data/sprites/RS_romans_scipii_eastern_foot_skirmisher_sprite.spr
    model_sprite        parthia,     50.0, data/sprites/RS_parthia_eastern_foot_skirmisher_sprite.spr
    model_sprite        pontus,     50.0, data/sprites/RS_pontus_eastern_foot_skirmisher_sprite.spr
    model_sprite        britons,     50.0, data/sprites/RS_britons_eastern_foot_skirmisher_sprite.spr
    I've highlighted line 4753 in red, the problem is the line is an incomplete texture line. It either needs to be removed or filled in correctly.

Hum, ok thanks.
    What's strange is that on my DMB it's not at line 4753 but 4729, and there's no texture alone like that, just one that is commented out.
    Also, if there is a new version, it'd probably be good to add a message that pinpoint the error, and that doesn't quit the program; because after checking my file and seeing nothing, I thought the program was buggy.

PS : Wait, I've tested with notepad++ instead of notepad, and there's indeed what you've shown me.
    Thanks a lot Squid.
    Patron of ybbon66.

May I suggest some additions to this awesome tool?

- Check for unit ownership in descr_strat.txt (that you haven't given a roman legionary to gauls)
    - Check for named characters who are not in the family tree (in order to avoid the "general clone" issue)
    - Check for those units which are not used in the export_descr_building.txt, just to know if I have forgotten to include a unit in campaign.

If I have any further idea, I'll write it down here later.
    Thanks!
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Default Re: Zeus v0.8 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Another thing that can cause crashes is a corrupt descr_names.txt (don't know why it happens, maybe a hard-coded limit); If your mods' campaign always crashes after you hit end-turn, but no end-turn crash if you disable auto-saves, then your descr_names.txt is corrupt. Took me ages to hunt down that bug.
    I think I have this bug in my mod. I get a CTD when I save. This happens on various turns each time I restart the game. Sometimes it happens as early as turn 10 and other times I'm as far as turn 30 before it CTD when saving the game. Currently Zeus Tool does not find this bug. Can you add something to Zues Tool to make it check for this bug?
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects