Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Zeus v0.99 - the Omnipotent RTW Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Default Re: Zeus v0.88 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

I just used it and it works perfectly

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zeus v0.89 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

I just can't help tinkering with things. So I've tinkered some more.

Added:
    -Checks that all owners of non-ship units (per EDU) have corresponding texture lines for all soldier/officer models associated with the unit

Fixed:
    -DC texture scan not checking for both tga & tga.dds
    -Sprites/Models/building UI/UI/UI_Info checks now all check in the mod folder and then in the vanilla folder for file existence
    -Fixed a bug where building ui scan would be bypassed and report no errors if there was an error in descr_ui_buildings.txt

Download from here.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Default Re: Zeus v0.89 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

Woot! That's great, keep tinkering.

I will not complain either.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zeus v0.90 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

What can I say I was tinkering again.

New Feature:
    -Checks that all owners of non-ship units (per EDU) have corresponding model_sprite lines for all soldier/officer models associated with the unit

Bugs Fixed:
    -descr_rebel_faction.txt unit ownership checking not checking if the unit is owned by the slave faction's culture

Download from here.

To Do:
    Allow files to not be in the mod folder but be in the vanilla folder (so if you don't modify descr_character.txt you won't need it in the mod folder).
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Default Re: Zeus v0.90 - the Omnipotent EDB, DMB, DS Validator - It smite thy bugs.

I'm having some ctds on campaign and I'm getting a bit nervous about it... This tool helped me fix some inconsistences between the EDU and the EDB... Will this tool report a clone general? Cause I think that may be the source of my problem...
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Not that I'm aware of, it just reports if the names are valid for the faction the character is associated with.

may in the future can check the clone characters?, it would be another function of this tool

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

What would be involved in checking for clone characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    What would be involved in checking for clone characters?
    Characters that are not in a family tree or in the rebel faction, will make a clone appear for AI factions which cause a CTD if they die. It doesn't necessarily need to be the ruling family, as long as they have a tree. So to answer your question, it would need to check if every family member has a family tree
    (I think that's what TCA meant...)

dvk901 has made a thread about it somewhere, but I can't find it right now...

Last edited by Pat89; May 25, 2010 at 01:05 PM.

When you release new versions you`re also updating the first post of this thread with the new version and all the relevant info, right?

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Yes.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

This doesn't pick up the faction tag "all".
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

In which file?

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

EDB and EDU. For instance, there was a section which should have thrown up an exception in the EDB because it gave a unit with the ownership "slave" to "all" factions. And if you have a unit with the ownership "all", it tells you it is a bug if you refer to it in the EDB.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

all does not work in edb, if you are using requires faction { all, } as part of your requirements for unit recruitment you might as well just remove the condition.
    Last edited by Squid; July 19, 2010 at 02:42 PM.

When checking EDU model references, I get this and the app exits.

Meaning?

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Not sure, I don't even know where that error might originate from but I'll look tomorrow. Which option did you pick? I think the second based on your post but it could also be the fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    Which option did you pick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    When checking EDU model references, I get this and the app exits.

It's the 5th one. Thx for checking it!

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

A guess, just by sleeping on it before I get a chance to actually look at it, but look for a line with just model_sprite on it. I think the second line might be the line of the file that's causing problems.