Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Recommendations/Old Games

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Default Re: Game Recommendations/Old Games

Meh Call to Power didnt have the same feel as the other civs, however I did play it alot also haha.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Well, it was also nice because Loki games ported the first CTP to linux.

I was in my linux geek phase for a lot of the time I played CTP.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Hahaha fair enough, I wished all gamer developers ported to linux lol. Gaming would be very sweet indeed if they did lol.

wats linux

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Danigol of South America View Post
    wats linux
    Another operating system for a personal computer; different but the same purpose on the most generic levels as Vista, it was also used to build the base for Mac's current OS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

ah kk

Lol the best thing since sliced bread lol.

Ok guys, one of my mates came round last night (Im going to be his bestman at his wedding, but thats not important lol) and he showed me this website, and man am I going to have some fun here....

http://www.squakenet.com/

Check it out, thousands of free games from yesteryear lol all those old classic we use to play, (I downloaded Xwing last night lol) most require Dosbox to run however lol.

Enjoy.

Thats great! thanks mate!!!

Lol yeah im loving it haha.

Man,...

some of the games you mention... It takes a guy back!

The very first Doom... I still sing the song sometimes, out of the blue (ne-nè, ne-nè, ne-nè, ne-ne-nè!)
    Star Wars: Dark Forces! One of the first FPS's with a vertical axis! No laser swords or force-owers though...
    All the civs, indeed (bought Colonization again a few years back, a blast!)
    Played a lot of SimCity as well.
    Command&Conquer2, the one with Stalin, hilarious!
    X-com ("Terror from the Deep", the title alone...)!
    Tie-Fighter!
    And as we mention space-sims: Wing-Commander! I must've shot the whole Kilrathi population to bits several times over!
    The Final Fantasy series (I admit: I almost cried as I had to battle my own Aeons in FF-X)
    Of recent games I was thrilled by Bioshock, and Fallout III. My first experience with the FO-series too. Contrary to stilldawn, I love the rpg/fps-mix, but I'm an Elder Scroll's fan! The fact that a lot of mods come for these games as well make them even more attractive.
    I bought Dead space on PC and was creeped the hell out of my pants, but the controls were very difficult (as in: sluggish) Maybe I'll get it for my PS3. There I'm in the middle of some serious Arkham-whoopin', btw!

But ever since Shogun, It's been hard for me to enjoy Strat-games that are not of the Total-war series, especially RTS-types. I changed my rig two times for the series (for RTW and M2TW), and now I'm just myself as I look at the quality of some in-game imagery in the AAR's for ETW... So another upgrade is in the pipeline (as in: I'm scratching for funds, but I recently bought a 53-inch plasma-screen )
    Horum Omnium Fortissimi Sunt Belgae

lol nice im having to change my computer stuff for napoleon roral war again jejeej
    for empire i just baught a new graphics card works well, know i need alot of new stuff
    graphics, ram, ect..... lol
    the first game i played on computer was........................ RTW jeeje

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

I cut my teeth on duke nukem, and the 7th guest. then AGE of Empires was my first MP funfest, we also had a playstation game that was Star wars death race, cant remember the exact name but it was a ball.after which came empire earth, and rise of nations.and if i feel like relaxing i will still slip in 1503ad, and fight pirates. I too have lost years clicking away, a wonder i dont have carple tunnel. My wife asked if i would click her mouse as much as i click my puter mouse lol....but its her fault, she bought my first total war game, the original shogun. she aint seen me much since, but it keeps me outta trbl lol. cheers all

Im not a huge fan on RTS... The only one I really got into was Total Anihilation.... Now that was an excellent game... Well before its time... Oh and i played a bit of Original Red Alert also lol.

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Time for a necro!

Some of my favorites are the Close Combat series: Command battles throughout a major operation during WWII (Market Garden in one game, Barbarossa in another, Battle of the Bulge, etc). Requisition and deploy troops and give them orders on a squad-based level, taking into consideration factors of soldier fatigue/morale, suppressing fire, ammo rationing, terrain/cover, or separation and encirclement.

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12