Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview Scroll Three: The Song Dynasty

Default Re: Preview Scroll Three: The Song Dynasty

Thank you all, modders, great work. I will buy a new computer to play AUH when it becomes available.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Are those hand cannons, hollowed bamboo stalks? other than that, great work.
    My understanding is that the first hand cannons were made out of hollowed bamboo, as such. They have their inherent problems, but the first of everything has its drawbacks. Just as when we say phone we don't think of the one Alexander Graham Bell used, when we think hand cannon we don't really think of the first attempts. I'm fairly certain it's one shot and done or something to that effect, though Yelu would better know the exact specifications of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox596 View Post
    dose wit work on steam?
    Well a preview doesn't work with any external program!

I assume all mods will work with steam, but I'd need to see the steam file structure in order to be sure. Probably the only problems I could think of is if it stored its config files differently or something, which could be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Amroth View Post
    Amazing preview! I was in here yesterday looking to see if there were any updates, and now this! Newsied on MR!
    Thanks for the plug mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleaf-Wille View Post
    First I doubted clicking, because I thought it was Rome, but... GOD "¤%¤%"¤#DFW¤% DEAM that's a huuge preview and lots of great materials and sollutions. When can I download:p?
    What we need is a robot which goes around mod forums and says "when it's done" with hilarious witticisms to the chorus of release date inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Scott View Post
    Most excellent-eagerly awaiting release.

( Let me know if you need beta-testers )
    When the time comes that we require beta testers there will surely be an announcement to that effect.

Damn fellas! That is an incredible preview. The mod looks fantastic. Keep up the great work.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

This is the definition of a Total Conversion mod.

I might actually be able to play it without any modifications of my own
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Hymne der Nacht's Avatar Foederatus

Congratulations - what an outstanding work your team have done.
    Looking at the ships, just one little question: the left one is a trading vessel and the right one a battle ship, if I´m not mistaken ?
    Do you paln to have different units for different battleships ?

Thanks again for this wonderful preview.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hymne der Nacht View Post
    Congratulations - what an outstanding work your team have done.
    Looking at the ships, just one little question: the left one is a trading vessel and the right one a battle ship, if I´m not mistaken ?
    Do you paln to have different units for different battleships ?

Thanks again for this wonderful preview.
    The way the strategy map naval models work is they are dictated by a file which applies one specific model across the board to a specific faction. This can be "leveled up" to a new model based on certain parameters, but in order to do so it requires the ship to be an admiral. And one of the sillier aspects of the navy in M2 is that no two admirals can be in the same fleet.

As such the models can't be attached to a specific recruited unit and the leveling up would need to be used sparingly and only on ships which already had admirals, or it would force the use of 1-ship fleets. We initially made the three models shown separately, and decided that combining the three models into a 'fleet' representation would look better than trying to find some arbitrary indication for when to level an admiral's ship type up.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Awesomable!
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Leshan Buddha looks great Alex

Ehm but guys, I can't seem to open any of the spoilers? Can't see my Shengmudian picture either in that way is it my browser? (Mozilla)

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

What can i say other then;EPIC and Amazing!!
    Looking forward to the release
    +rep
    Greetings!

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEESSSOOOOMMMEEE! I'm just stunned by the amount of work you guys have put into this one (admittedly major) faction. The factions within the faction, the trade routes tied to unit recruitment, why...I didn't even think those kinds of things were possible! I look forward to your other previews with baited breath, and can only dream of the day when this mod is released.

Now that I'm done gushing (and this preview is certainly gush-worthy), I do have to mention that while I am of course impressed with the units overall, the faces especially, I can't help but notice that the militia/lower ranking troops feel more...polished. Their proportions appear better overall, and their textures play out cleaner. I imagine this is because they have simpler textures, and so any warping is less noticeable (as opposed to say... intricate cloth or mountain armour), but I figured I should mention it anyways. As well, the militia seem to have better proportions (to my eye) than their elite counterparts. Oh, and the elite swordsmen seem to be be afflicted by a case of floating shields . Please don't take this the wrong way - they're awesome units, I'm just trying to present some constructive criticism!

In any case, keep up the great work! Jin next?

Well .. Er yea ... Amazing ! Seriously , this is great ! I'll try to help out when work is done in STW3

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Aerrol

Now that I'm done gushing (and this preview is certainly gush-worthy), I do have to mention that while I am of course impressed with the units overall, the faces especially, I can't help but notice that the militia/lower ranking troops feel more...polished.
    I do have to agree, I had this same feeling when I first saw the more "elite" units. They still look very, very awesome though. The design for all units is absoulutely outstanding.

Anyhow, I wondered; since artillery will have a more defensive purpose in this mod (at least for factions like the Song), does that mean you've found a way to make artillery more effective from behind city walls?
    I believe Dominion of the Sword was trying to elevate catapults and ballistas and cannons up on the castle walls, but I'm not sure, might be wrong.
    It would be cool to see, anyways.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

It's about time it came out . I can't open the spoilers .
    Last edited by S-te-Fan; August 26, 2009 at 04:06 AM.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by stefaneke View Post
    I can't open the spoilers .
    Seconded

But awesome preview

Fantastic work. This is without doubt, the most fascinating, original, and beautifully crafted M2TW mod work yet undertaken, and I'm only half way through the preview.

All the best for the coming development.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

What can I say?I am spechless.Great work and it will be a Great Mod.I wish I could give rep.

Youtube video should now be public.

For those of you complaining about spoilers not opening: wait. There are literally 100mbs of images in the preview, which is why we created a thumbnail version in the first post.

AD - Your comments are much appreciated. Fancy coming out of retirement to help us... ? There is a novelty Tai mercenary unit to be made with your name on it....

wow when I first heard of this mod I assumed it would just be medieval total war new Asian designs...however when I saw this thread I was stunned the level of work yall have put in is mind boggling ...not only in the superb military models (on both the campaign and battle map) but the new governing system is awesome...Congratulations great work
    Will be panting for the release!!!...but no pressure guys

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    What we need is a robot which goes around mod forums and says "when it's done" with hilarious witticisms to the chorus of release date inquiries.
    and add a counting meter on it.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Most impressive.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM