Thread: Guess where?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Guess where?

They are indeed. Didn't know Plopsa had an amusement park there until I googled the place earlier tonight, also didn't know the waterfalls themselves are apparently also owned by Studio100 (basically Belgian Disney). It's been a while since I was there.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

This must be the Inca site of Moray, located not too far from Cusco in Peru.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Patrician Artifex

It is!
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

This is Nanshan buddhist temple's statue west of Sanya on Hainan island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanyin_of_Nanshan

That is indeed the case.

A little nugget of wisdom on my part, pay attention to Hainan for the next few years, it's importance will only go up.
    - Sun Tzu

Noted! Here is the next one.

That must be the AT&T Plaza within Millenium Park in the city of Chicago, quite hard not to miss the Cloud Gate .
    - Sun Tzu

Realm is right, and I can tell he didn't know the before starting his research. Because all locals call it The Bean

If someone is interested in joining, this comp is very much about research. It is not considered cheating.

Patrician Artifex

It was good while it lasted. Thanks all for playing.

Oops, I had forgotten all about this one....

Anyways, it limps on...
    - Sun Tzu

Patrician Artifex

Johor Causeway?

Correct!

This is likely the cheapest way to get into Singapore if you want to go in from Malaysia, just be prepared for a long bus ride and an even longer wait at customs (All before Covid graced us all with its ominous spectre....)

Muizer needs repping! I am all out of ammo right now
    - Sun Tzu

Patrician Artifex

Never mind the rep. With so few participants it's not doable anyway.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Correct!

This is likely the cheapest way to get into Singapore if you want to go in from Malaysia, just be prepared for a long bus ride and an even longer wait at customs (All before Covid graced us all with its ominous spectre....)

Muizer needs repping! I am all out of ammo right now
    Repped him for you.

Reminds me on a location from National Treasure with Nicolas Cage. Liberty Church, Baltimore? (If my memory is not deceiving me ^^)
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Repped him for you.

Reminds me on a location from National Treasure with Nicolas Cage. Liberty Church, Baltimore? (If my memory is not deceiving me ^^)
    Thanks and no. It is in the United States though.

End I guess "liberty" has a lot to do with its historical significance.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 21, 2022 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Double posting

Independence Hall, Philadelphia
    - Sun Tzu

Patrician Artifex

Right you are. Sorry you're still unreppable for me

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

repped him
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader