Thread: Guess where?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Guess where?

Makes me think of the South West Coast Path in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    No, Loli, you are geographically very close but the canyon in the picture is much more significant in a way than the Kevo canyon.
    Yeah, it looked off to me as well but perspectives can do weird things so worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    The first thing that came to my mind as well was the so-called Land's End area in Cornwall, but I didn't have time to research it at work.

Edit: that looks a good deal more rocky and rugged with steeper banks or cliffs.
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; December 08, 2021 at 12:48 PM.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

The vegetation in the foreground looks more like maquis to me, which makes me think it could be further South. Somewhere along the northern shore of the Mediterranean perhaps, or an island thereabouts. Got to say though, for all I know you have that vegetation in different parts of the world too.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post

Yeah, it looked off to me as well but perspectives can do weird things so worth a shot.
    The first thing that came to my mind as well was the so-called Land's End area in Cornwall, but I didn't have time to research it at work.

Edit: that looks a good deal more rocky and rugged with steeper banks or cliffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    The vegetation in the foreground looks more like maquis to me, which makes me think it could be further South. Somewhere along the northern shore of the Mediterranean perhaps, or an island thereabouts. Got to say though, for all I know you have that vegetation in different parts of the world too.
    Unfortunately, you are all very off .

Clue: This iconic and scenic beauty is located in the Southern Hemisphere.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

South Australia or Tasmania?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Most of Falklands is more barren, but there are places with that sort of vegetation.

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Seems like some place in the Mediterranean judging from the vegetation. Some Greek island maybe?

Edit: Saw the comments of the OP, could maybe be on the coast of South Africa?

Most of Falklands is more barren, but there are places with that sort of vegetation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrosmeister View Post
    Seems like some place in the Mediterranean judging from the vegetation. Some Greek island maybe?

Edit: Saw the comments of the OP, could maybe be on the coast of South Africa?
    Unfortunately, none of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    South Australia or Tasmania?
    You are very close but the place is neither in South Australia or Tasmania.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Unfortunately, none of them.

You are very close but the place is neither in South Australia or Tasmania.
    So New Zealand would be a good guess judging from your last comment?

Or New Caledonia (which is not very close, but close enough?)

The Chatham Island east of New Zealand could be a match based on vegetation and shape of the beach.

So New Zealand would be a good guess judging from your last comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthFlatter View Post
    Or New Caledonia (which is not very close, but close enough?)
    The Chatham Island east of New Zealand could be a match based on vegetation and shape of the beach.
    Muizer was closer than what any you guys put up

Clue: Hugh Jackman call this place the best he has ever been to.
    - Sun Tzu

Well, Macquarie Island is quite lush in vegetation in despite of its rather extreme southern location.

McDonalds Islands maybe?

Well, Macquarie Island is quite lush in vegetation in despite of its rather extreme southern location.
    McDonalds Islands maybe?
    It is neither of the two, I have a food and wine rich region in mind.
    - Sun Tzu

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Queensland/Australia?

Its not South Australia nor Tasmania.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Queensland/Australia?
    Sadly it is not.
    - Sun Tzu

Given the totality of the hints provided here, I don't think the place exists, unless South Australia was understood as the specific state. I thought Australia was ruled out. There is some wine growing in the southwestern tip of Western Australia, near Perth.

Given the totality of the hints provided here, I don't think the place exists, unless South Australia was understood as the specific state. I thought Australia was ruled out. There is some wine growing in the southwestern tip of Western Australia, near Perth.
    I guess you get this one, maybe I was too vague with this one....

Yes, this specific picture depicts the Margaret River region which is a 2.5 hour drive south from Perth. The region has it all for any wanting the good life outdoors, especally natural scenery and food (Particularly the wine ).
    - Sun Tzu

Thanks, realm56, and sorry all for the delay in posting a new one. By the way, I found a wine in my local store from Margaret River region and gave it a try. Not bad for the reasonable price!

https://www.alko.fi/en/tuotteet/4298...B-Shiraz-2018/

Here's the next one.