Default Re: Guess where?

Quote Originally Posted by Condestável View Post
    Liathach, Scotland?
    Correct!

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

+rep!

Patrician Artifex

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Hmm it's a tropical place, lets say somewhere in central Americas?
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Patrician Artifex

Indeed!

I think I found it!
    It's Cortes' house ruins in Veracruz Mexico!
    Last edited by neoptolemos; June 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Patrician Artifex

Excellent! That was a difficult one I think. Your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Excellent! That was a difficult one I think. Your turn.
    It took me a couple of days to figure it out.
    Luís de Camões

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mp.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	282827

Luís de Camões

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Aherontas?

Nope but you are correct for the country....
    Luís de Camões

Indefinitely Banned

Aherontas?
    Acherintas' waters have a similar colour, but I don't think there is any waterfall.

It must be either in Samothrace or in Cythyra.
    I 'll say the second, because I actually visited (it doesn't demand much walking even for my lame standards) and saw (there is an emission which is specialized in finding out relatively unknown locations in Greece) it.
    I am not sure, since I went to Cythyra during summer, and consequently the waterfall was much less impressive, but I never visited Samothrace, I still insist on Cythyra.
    P.S Unfortunately, I don't remember its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Regent George View Post
    Acherintas' waters have a similar colour, but I don't think there is any waterfall.

It must be either in Samothrace or in Cythyra.
    I 'll say the second, because I actually visited (it doesn't demand much walking even for my lame standards) and saw (there is an emission which is specialized in finding out relatively unknown locations in Greece) it.
    I am not sure, since I went to Cythyra during summer, and consequently the waterfall was much less impressive, but I never visited Samothrace, I still insist on Cythyra.
    P.S Unfortunately, I don't remember its name.
    It is Mylopotamos in Kithira!

Luís de Camões

Indefinitely Banned

Excellent!
    I think that Samothrace's waterfall is called "Murderess" or something like this.
    Here is another pic of my holidays:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Salisbury is not the right naswer.jpg  

France or Switzerland?
    Luís de Camões

Indefinitely Banned

Neither of them.
    I would suggest considering Central-Eastern Europe.

Patrician Artifex

Bohemia?

Indefinitely Banned

Hungary is its location, but it's not a highly known historical monument of Budapest, except if you are Hungarian, of course, so, I would suggest making a little research.