Page 404 of 406 FirstFirst ... 304354379394395396397398399400401402403404405406 LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 8102

Thread: Guess where?

  1. #8061

    Default Re: Guess where?

    It's ok to make hard ones. Commendable even.
    But instead of giving it entirely you can simply give another hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Gilligan
    I can't think of a movie where I like it that the bad guy gets dumb, because it's like I want the bad guy to be smart smart smart, so the good guy has to be even smarter!
    Please stop using politics as an excuse for bad writing.
    That being said: A deep philosophical take about god, Nietzsche, Marx & faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    So deep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    A polished masterpiece!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Hey! I never said any of those things!

  2. #8062
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    8,562

    Default Re: Guess where?

    I'll remember to give more hints sooner. But I would prefer to do so in response to actual guesses. That way I can tell which way people are going and head off dead ends. If everyone remains silent I cannot tell which clues got picked up and which did not.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  3. #8063
    lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Moderation Overseer Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Heerlen, Limburg
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Guess where?

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    An easier one to balance out Muizer's hard ones then.

  4. #8064
    King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Nidaros
    Posts
    3,423

    Default Re: Guess where?

    Now then, you say easy, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're pulling a sneaky one on us here.

    Still, I'll do the standard Alan Davies QI response

    The Cliffs of Dover
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

    Signature by Lifthrasir




  5. #8065
    lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Moderation Overseer Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Heerlen, Limburg
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Guess where?

    They are indeed not the White Cliffs of Dover.

    Last edited by lolIsuck; May 21, 2019 at 06:34 AM.

  6. #8066
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    8,562

    Default Re: Guess where?

    Oh, well done Lol! And Athelstan for playing along. QI stuff indeed.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  7. #8067
    King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Nidaros
    Posts
    3,423

    Default Re: Guess where?

    'Tis one of my favourite shows, and I still watch episodes here and there. Stuff of legend, and boy that klaxon

    I'm going to guess Seven Sisters then, the TV stunt model version of the cliffs
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

    Signature by Lifthrasir




  8. #8068
    lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Moderation Overseer Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Heerlen, Limburg
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Guess where?

    That is correct, I'm glad I tricked at least one person with that pic though as that's exactly what I hoped for when I took it.
    The photograph was taken when I was on holiday there last month, it's a really lovely and beautiful region (minus the worse than Belgium-level infrastructure).

  9. #8069
    King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Nidaros
    Posts
    3,423

    Default Re: Guess where?

    You can say that of most of England

    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

    Signature by Lifthrasir




  10. #8070
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    8,562

    Default Re: Guess where?

    K, I don't know this, but I'm going to have a guess it's Dubai.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  11. #8071
    King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Nidaros
    Posts
    3,423

    Default Re: Guess where?

    It is not, no.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

    Signature by Lifthrasir




  12. #8072
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    8,562

    Default Re: Guess where?

    Well, at least it ends with ...ai!
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  13. #8073
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    8,562

    Default Re: Guess where?

    That is, it's Shanghai
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  14. #8074
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    8,562

    Default Re: Guess where?

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  15. #8075
    lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Moderation Overseer Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Heerlen, Limburg
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Guess where?

    The confluence of the Danube, Inn and Ilz in Passau.

  16. #8076
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    8,562

    Default Re: Guess where?

    That is correct. Sadly, I cannot rep you atm. As you're an admin, perhaps you can do something about that annoying state of affairs....
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

  17. #8077
    Flinn's Avatar ehhhhh.. You don't say???
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    10,436

    Default Re: Guess where?

    I repped him on your behalf, Muizer

    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

  18. #8078
    Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Artifex Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Sweden
    Posts
    3,510

    Default Re: Guess where?

    Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    An easier one to balance out Muizer's hard ones then.
    That picture looks similiar to the Möns Klint in Denmark.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

  19. #8079
    lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Moderation Overseer Citizen

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Heerlen, Limburg
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Guess where?

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  20. #8080
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Electorate of Hannover
    Posts
    2,242

    Default Re: Guess where?

    This should the Niederburg Manderscheid. And now I've seen enough ruined castles on hills for a month^^And interesting story, the pic was taken from the Oberburg, guessing from the ankle of the pic?


    Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •