Thread: Guess where?

Default Re: Guess where?

That's right! Your turn.

Can someoe rep ggggtotalwarrior for me please?
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Repped
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

edit: I felt the first pic might be a bit too vague but hopefully for the historians here with some period knowledge this makes it a bit easier

Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; November 21, 2021 at 03:27 PM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Hm, the statue in the foreground of the first pic is Henry Hudson. The statue in the second one Peter Stuyvesant (you can just about discern his name on the plinth ) Academy green, Kingston, New York
    Last edited by Muizer; November 22, 2021 at 04:05 AM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Yes sir

I was scared it was too vague and was about to offer a hint but I’m glad you got it

Repped
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Interesting to see a statue of Stuyvesant. He's not got the best reputation here in Holland.

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

That's the Le Puy-en-Velay is it not?

The only reason I know of this place is beacuse the region was the Diocese of Adhemar (Prominent for his role as the spiritual head of the 1st Crusade).
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Landscape looks like Italy and the church and the statue on the hill tops look unique, but i'm no expert in churchs and saints.

Assisi?

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    That's the Le Puy-en-Velay is it not?

The only reason I know of this place is beacuse the region was the Diocese of Adhemar (Prominent for his role as the spiritual head of the 1st Crusade).
    Well that didn't take long! Sadly cannot rep you atm. You've been guessing too many of my riddles lately

Realm repped.

Thank you Morticia!

Now for somehere a little closer to home on my part:
    - Sun Tzu

Cars driving on the left side of the road. Based on the car models I'd say Southeast Asia. Kuala Lumpur, or Singapore?

Right region of the world but this is place is not in either of the 2 capitals.
    - Sun Tzu

Georgetown?

That is correct! The picture depicts a rather upscale stretch of the city famed for its shopping and its food.
    - Sun Tzu

That was tough. Had to go snooping around in various Malaysian cities. Never found the exact spot, but did encounter the lamp post design

I cannot find anything.

Even if the location seems unremarkable, there is a fair chance you've heard of it at some point. It's almost certain that you've heard of the body of water on the left/top of the pic.

No takers? It's next to a lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    No takers? It's next to a lake.
    I have tried with sea, lake, and river. I have tried going trough some notable incidents and airfields as well today. In my frustration, I even tried to find out how many there are in the world, and found some hobbyist online saying that there are around 40,000 airfields open to the public in the world. And I cannot tell much at all based on the flora, architecture, or natural surroundings given the low resolution of the picture.