Thread: Guess where?

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Default Re: Guess where?

On the parking sign, check the bottom of the 3 signs, you will be able to make out something, to help you figure out the location
    Last edited by Gyrosmeister; August 09, 2022 at 05:00 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

St. Mariae Himmelfahrt, in Kelmis
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

It is the Notre-Dame de l’Assomption (La Calamine) indeed! Flinn wins

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

yes sorry I used the German nomenclature but that was the only one I could find, thanks for the rep!

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

The community is in the Walloon region, but it is part of the German speaking community, so both are allowed ;P

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Well, if no one takes this I guess I'll have to; Rieti, Lazio, Italy.

I can confirm that it is the cathedral of the Resurrected Holy Mary (my possibly faulty translation) in Rieti. Let us continue the game in Flinn's absence. Loli Repped.

I'll take the turn.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Sorry Sept, I saw an image last week or so where I thought "that's a good location to use" but I can't for the life of me remember what it actually was so I got a bit stuck.

I know this one, have been there on a study trip when I was in university, but as it was technically my turn I'll leave it for others to guess.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Freedom Square in Tallinn, Estonia
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Muizer is right. On to him.

Patrician Artifex

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

This looks hard so I would welcome cooperation. So far I see a rather interesting combination of things:

- a curiously round marina where most are rectangular.
    - generally a Mediterranean feel to it, but there is a simple mosque with one tower next to it.
    - the marina looks like it is a place of entertainment and dining.
    - possibly an old abandoned fort of a kind with presently no lights on.

Patrician Artifex

Not bad. I'm not sure much more clues can be extracted from the image. Well there's one more I can think of. In what direction are we looking?

I cannot tell sunset from sunrise so we are facing either east or the west. Tried to look around Arab Emirates and Morocco (among other places), but couldn't find anything.

Found it! Ze'ev Frid marina in Akko, Israel.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Found it! Ze'ev Frid marina in Akko, Israel.
    Is correct!

Might be hard to research, but let's see if anyone recognizes the place and the event. You can open the image into a new tab and get a better resolution.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Looks quite mediterranean, and what looks like some small islands in the 2nd picture, and there's sea to east and west and.. south? north? one of the two . Either a peninsula or an island. Could this be in the Baleares, or maybe Malta or Djerba?

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Looks quite mediterranean, and what looks like some small islands in the 2nd picture, and there's sea to east and west and.. south? north? one of the two . Either a peninsula or an island. Could this be in the Baleares, or maybe Malta or Djerba?
    You are right with the Baleares. I would like to see the identification of the spot, as the place is famous in a way and all those people didn't end up there by chance.