Thread: Guess where?

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Guess where?

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    You are right with the Baleares. I would like to see the identification of the spot, as the place is famous in a way and all those people didn't end up there by chance.
    I found the correct road on google maps but not the exact spot, it's on Ibiza around Calo el Moro, near "Monkey Ibiza". I'd give a more precise answer but I have to hurry to catch a flight

Fair enough! The other picture is facing towards Caló el Moro. More specifically, this is outside Café del Mar, an iconic place for the partygoers to come to listen to chillout music and watch the sunset together in between the café and the sea.

Café del Mar has its own record label and they publish collections of chillout tracks, and I have come to understand that having your tune on one of those collections is something of a prestige in the scene. Your turn!

I didn't have anything lined up really, so it's probably a very easy one

To me this seems quite hard as I cannot pick up on many clues. The blue church clock with unusual Arabic numerals seems useful, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Monschau?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Monschau?
    Correct! What gave it away?
    I’ve actually been there a few years away, thought it might be obscure enough to not be found out immediately. Guess not lol.

Can’t figure out how to rep you on my phone, will do once I’m home

Patrician Artifex

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

That looks eerily familar, Masyaf?
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Patrician Artifex

It is Masyaf. Your turn!

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

I hope I don't spoil anyone's fun, but I would like to point out the lush, deciduous vegetation. Most highland areas that I know with jagged mountains like that are rather barren or have coniferous forests.

Patrician Artifex

Don't know. Thought it might be a dormant or extinct volcano. Only explanation I can come up with for such a landscape.

I've tried but cannot come up with it. We need a hint.

Patrician Artifex

Mount Kinabalu?

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Mount Kinabalu?
    That is correct. Bagus!
    - Sun Tzu

Patrician Artifex

Tnx! Apparently not an eroded volcano, but an eroded intrusion of igneous rock.

And now for something completely different:

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Somewhere in Canada?

Edit, took a look at TD Bank, and the US seems more fit
    Last edited by Gyrosmeister; September 12, 2022 at 03:59 PM.

Patrician Artifex

It's in the US.

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

I really want to say Brooklyn, but I can't find the exact spot

Patrician Artifex

Nope. It's in an east coast state, but not New York.