Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Covid-19 affected your travel plans?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Has Covid-19 affected your travel plans?

Pretty simple question. Have your travel plans been thrown into disarray by the lockdown and self-isolation necessitated by Covid-19/Coronavirus?

Personally, I haven't, but I only just completed an interstate move before most of Australia's domestic borders shut down. My parents, meanwhile, were due to leave on a cruise this week to Hawaii from Sydney (or something like that I think). Personally, I'm a bit concerned about the idea of them cruising again. I've been on one with them once and it was affected by a gastro outbreak onboard that time. I know that's probably a bit alarmist on my part, but still.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Has Covid-19 affected your travel plans?

I was planning to stay at home but after the prohibition of aimless transits my feet are itching for "Anywhere and Back Again".

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I had a trip to Vegas planned in July for my birthday, but I think I'm going to be putting a hold on that until things clear up a bit. Luckily the tickets were free and I have travelers insurance so I shouldn't be put out too much. Aside from not being able to go when I had planned, anyway.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I was meant to travel to southern Europe for a month and then continue to China, but the plans just went down the stream for the time being.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Yes. I was also going to England for a wedding, but that's off too
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Campidoctor

Hah. You're a fool. Being wed? Going to Britannia? It's all just fantasy. All just in your head. At least for some people.
    You take your time that is necessary, and you'll come back with a vengeance. That's going to be one helluva party.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

To be fair I don't think Athelstan is the one who is to be wed. At least, I hope not. His hand was promised to me.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Aye it's a relative, I'm not quite ready for marriage yet
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

As someone who was used to be travelling abroad once or twice per month, I've been certainly affected by the Covid.. my last business trip was end of November 2019, since by early December we already had news from China about this new virus (we have an Italian friend and partner that lives there and to whom we speak weekly) and we suspended all the trips.. It was like more than 15 years that I didn't take an airplane for so long, and I'm afraid it will take even more time before we could actually restart to travel regularly (and I'm afraid as well that travelling will cost much more due to all the necessary sanitary procedures which will be implemented)...
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Travel prices might be greatly affected in Australia by the collapse of our 2nd biggest airline, which would mean Qantas has no competition and could price gouge.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I was supposed to be in Spain first two weeks of April... Sun/sea and lots of fruit based alcohol with extra alcohol.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Yup, I'd been planning on going camping nearly every weekend. I'd also been planning on going back to Tasmania at the end of the year by myself for a camping trip, but I doubt thats gonna happen.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

I was supposed to arrive in Georgia at the end of last month for a Caucasus adventure. We had about dozen stops on a road trip planned between Georgia and Armenia. The hard part was fitting in Azerbaijan. We wanted to include a week there and had planned for that to be right about now.

We'd done a bit of work into negotiating the trials of travelling between countries with no diplomatic interactions... and had to drop some parts of the trip because of it, and be very specific with the trip sequence for other parts. Had a similar story with visiting Russia and Ukraine a few years back.

Now it seems that Covid might have saved me being stranded in either Armenia or Azerbaijan right about now. We hadn't planned on Nagorno-Karabakh. So I guess that's a thing.

So originally I was gutted but hopeful about the trip. Especially as Georgia has done well with Covid and suggested making it easy for Australians and New Zealanders to travel. But now people are killing each other in Nagorno-Karabakh, it appears that even if my trip goes ahead in the next year, it might have to be restructured somewhat.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Unfortunately yes... 150% affected my travel plans to the point that I don't know if it's safe to travel until mid-2021.

Last year in 2019 I visited 9 different countries, both for business and for fun... this year I managed to sneak in just 2, in February, before the whole craziness started.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Which one of the 9 was the best?

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I've been to Madrid in May 2019, I absolutely loved it. Also visited Toledo and the famous Spanish Royal castle in it.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Due to be India at the moment touring around, but clearly not able to do so. Similarly several trips planned to Europe earlier this year were called off. Hoping (fingers crossed etc) that we can get to Northern Italy - the lake Como area - in Spring, but who knows ....
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

I was supposed to be going to Japan for 8 months to do research starting on October 1st. Sadly I find myself still at home teaching online classes instead.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Cancelled holiday to Italy with the girlfriend and Tenerife with the family. Given that the Tenerife holiday was going to happen during the one week flying was officially ‘allowed’ my family weren’t able to get a refund on the flights. Bit of a kick in the teeth for them given it marked my grandparents anniversary and my grandfather’s 70th birthday.

Travel and also engagement proposal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast