Default Re: The Uruk Bomb

Will this weapon ever be included?
    And is there still and way to use it?

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    Will this weapon ever be included?
    And is there still and way to use it?
    Search "Isengard Mine" created by me and enjoy your Bomb with the appearence of a Dead Unit of Dunharrow!

Please try to fix this for 2.2!

Thread closed please, there must be 5 of these!

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    can't be done, siege equipment like rams and ladders are hard coded as far as I know. What's being under development is a siege unit modeled to look like the bomb that has a very low range but really high attack. I'm not certain it's going to be implemented, frankly I don't think it would add much to the game.
    you always provide negativty!!! the mods can do it. plus its already in game i have it as a unit i just never used it.

Senator

Since theres already a model for it, why not go ahead and include it for the next version.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Yarrum's Avatar Ducenarius

It was removed from the game because it doesn't function particularly well. you can easily add it back in on your own, but I doubt it will be re-enabled in a future patch.

well it can be the same as the elephants running amok and u have the option for the riders to kill them....could it possibly be used to detonate the bomb and killing the besrk

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by KakashiSaiyan View Post
    well it can be the same as the elephants running amok and u have the option for the riders to kill them....could it possibly be used to detonate the bomb and killing the besrk
    I dont think it is possible to make elephant unit to explode. And if it will run amok, you obviously can't control it.

I don't remember which TATW version was it, but long ago(1-2 years ago) there WAS a bomb unit, I got it accidently by using the console code create_unit Culverin (city name) 9 9 3 3 and it spawned an invisible bomb! So when it got close to the walls it went BANG! It made my day
    100% cosmic

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    I don't remember which TATW version was it, but long ago(1-2 years ago) there WAS a bomb unit, I got it accidently by using the console code create_unit Culverin (city name) 9 9 3 3 and it spawned an invisible bomb! So when it got close to the walls it went BANG! It made my day
    Necroposter! It can be modded in, Post Five of This Thread! (This was an earlier version so it may not be possible now, most likely the modders cba to remove it)

Senator

Didn't someone post an actual in-game screenshot of the bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Deedlit View Post
    Didn't someone post an actual in-game screenshot of the bomb?
    MasterBigAb made some excellent videos on the bomb, they're easy to find.

(BTW if you happen to be reading this MBA, what are you up to at the moment, more vids?)

Senator

Problem is the video ur talking about it never actually showed the bomb going off.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas300 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louis Lux
    can't be done, siege equipment like rams and ladders are hard coded as far as I know. What's being under development is a siege unit modeled to look like the bomb that has a very low range but really high attack. I'm not certain it's going to be implemented, frankly I don't think it would add much to the game.

you always provide negativty!!! the mods can do it. plus its already in game i have it as a unit i just never used it.
    I know it's been a month but did you really reply to a year old post? wow! And you misunderstood me, I just said it's not possible to add it as a siege equipment (ladder, ram), but as a cannon is clearly possible and I never said it wasn't.

I still mantain the same opinion, if it can't be properly implemented than don't. Ozzmosis mod could be a nice place to release this and other outlandish ideas, but it's a bit dead now.
    Last edited by Louis Lux; October 26, 2010 at 08:21 PM.

I swear it was a magical flame throwing machine in the books.

The snake Archer

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    MasterBigAb made some excellent videos on the bomb, they're easy to find.

(BTW if you happen to be reading this MBA, what are you up to at the moment, more vids?)
    It was just one i think, and not that "excellent"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goc9BrjJ7m0

At the moment I am working on some "fan-vid" The Dying Sands - but it will be posponed for two weeks as i will be away due to real life - I am also busy in the other sections of TWC atm.

Problem is the video ur talking about it never actually showed the bomb going off.
    Mhmm I am not quite sure if you're talkign about the same vid... !?
    Though ingame the explosion is smaler and shorter, i edited it so it looks a bit more like a real explosion...

Necroposter! It can be modded in, Post Five of This Thread! (This was an earlier version so it may not be possible now, most likely the modders cba to remove it)
    Indeed...

Thread locked - card destroyed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123