Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Frederick the Great a Homosexual?

Default Re: Frederick the Great a Homosexual?

That guy's name was Katt. But even if he was homo, who cares?! Sex back then was extremely liberal (see Marquis de Sade).
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Well most likely Frederick the Great had no sexlife. He had no children, his wife was pitiable, not any mistress is known (also male mistress not more then some unreliable rumors) and he himself was extreme unsympathetic.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

No, I'm pretty sure these allegations were based on gossip. He had mistresses in his time I think we can all accept this as fact.
    I know that many courts were pretty liberal with that stuff, but citing that as evidence proves nothing. That would be like if I accused Napoleon of freemasonry just because everyone was doing it. Most were in the 1700s but that does not prove Napoleon was a Freemason.

Same for Julius Caesar, the claim that he was gay comes from the rumor started by senators who opposed him. The incident in question was that during the Mithridatic wars Caesar was on the staff of a Roman general who had Caesar make negotiations with Prusias of Bythinia, the claim being that Prusias was persuaded by Caesar through sexual favours.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; March 07, 2014 at 12:37 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

There is a new study, written in English and German, showing that Frederick's homosexuality must have been well known in the eighteenth century, as the English artist William Hogarth (1697-1764) depicted the Prussian king as a gay flautist. For more details, see http://www.amazon.de/authentische-li...rick+the+Great

i think he was emotionally handicapped from his abusive father, and had no partner
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Domesticus

NECRO POST

Also, I'd say its definately possible, but he also had a traumatic childhood, which might explain his indifference towards relationships

If im not mistaken, wasnt he put into a political marriage, and didnt want to be married to that particular woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Caesar was possibly bi as well. Frederick's brother was definately gay and he was also a good commander. The entire Spartan military system was based on state sponsored homosexuality. Bottom line, don't piss off gay people.
    ha ha....!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234