Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLISH HELP!

Default POLISH HELP!

Ok guys im desperate. Its been a week now since ive started playing the polish faction. I STILL CANT WIN! Ive done a dozen of retries. IM ABOUT TO PULL MY HAIR out of frustration.

OK alot of things screw me up, usually by the developement of the a superpower from the south, and believe me ive seen all 5 nations(turks, byzans, spanish, almos, and the egyptians). I do fine until the mid game where there is no one else to challenge me except for one of those countries. It seems that the Polish homeland does not have the economy to fight any of those from the south.

How do i compensate? What are the neccesarry steps to make in the beggining?
    http://e-sim.org/lan.126366/

Je t'aime ma petite chou!

Default Re: POLISH HELP!

You are going to need to be ruthless in the beginning in order to expand your holdings before the powers in the south become too strong for you to challenge. Start with rapid expansion and then begin building your strong economy.

This is how I usually play it anyways.

Bohun's Avatar Civis

If U can`t win with polish nation on vh/vh in Medieval, just simple stop this struggle I didn't play so much this old game, b`cause the graphic was pathetic. U can read the guide book

Quote Originally Posted by unfortunate crow View Post
    You are going to need to be ruthless in the beginning in order to expand your holdings before the powers in the south become too strong for you to challenge. Start with rapid expansion and then begin building your strong economy.

This is how I usually play it anyways.
    but where? Are, the lands to the north rebel too much and dont offer that much to me. Usually i try to ghet lithuania and then sweden, then establish a trading route from there, but by the time im reeling in the goods the almohads are already knocking at my borders. IF not them then its the byzantines.

Should i go north and take out russia? Or go take out the danes? Sometimes id take the HRE. I always win but id be too weak to take on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohun View Post
    If U can`t win with polish nation on vh/vh in Medieval, just simple stop this struggle I didn't play so much this old game, b`cause the graphic was pathetic. U can read the guide book
    Its not about the graphics, its about the challange. If i cant beat an old game then what good am i? huhuhu

My plan would be to go to work on the Danes as soon as possible, and then go to work on the HRE. With Poland I've found it is best to expand to the west and north rather than to the east and south. This keeps you involved in pretty productive provinces, without a lot of the hassle associated with peasants that are never happy (in certain provinces). Plus, it keeps you out of the way for a bit when the Mongols appear, and gives you more time before you get into altercations with the Byzantines and Muslims.

Your milage may vary.

Problem with going west is that your borders would be really open. Plus a drive to the east will really anger the pope and will weaken the chatholic countries from the almohad invasion. I currently go north and take out the russians. But i only take moscow and novgrod. I always stay away from the steppe lands. Problem is i have no control over the south.

Also, army wise, i can always fend them off but just get overwhelmed by numbers. The first 4-5 attacks are cake but resupplying is a .

You need to save up some cash and focus on training troops at first, that way you can run a deficit for a while while you establish control over your targets. If you take out the Danes quick, you don't need to worry about a counterattack from them, and you can focus on the HRE. You are going to have to leave something open, and that is the risk. But if you make it work, it sets you up nicely for the future.

The pope will get over it sooner or later, but yes he will be pissed at you for a bit. Usually you can weather that storm, though.

As I said, I stay away from the east, but that is just my style. Knocking out the HRE and Danes doesn't significantly affect whether the Almohads become strong in my experience.

Bohun's Avatar Civis

The most important thing is how U can resolve a battle at the battlefield. If U can reach heroic victories over bigger and beter armies of AI, it`s nothing problem to play as Poland on vh/vh.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by unfortunate crow View Post
    You need to save up some cash and focus on training troops at first, that way you can run a deficit for a while while you establish control over your targets. If you take out the Danes quick, you don't need to worry about a counterattack from them, and you can focus on the HRE. You are going to have to leave something open, and that is the risk. But if you make it work, it sets you up nicely for the future.

The pope will get over it sooner or later, but yes he will be pissed at you for a bit. Usually you can weather that storm, though.

As I said, I stay away from the east, but that is just my style. Knocking out the HRE and Danes doesn't significantly affect whether the Almohads become strong in my experience.
    Ok ill take your advice. Ill tell you my progress soon. Thanks

The most important thing is how U can resolve a battle at the battlefield. If U can reach heroic victories over bigger and beter armies of AI, it`s nothing problem to play as Poland on vh/vh.
    Regards.

As ive said i can always win vs AI the first 5 battles, the problem is they can resupply faster than i can. Plus they develop 2 or 3 very deadly generals which are harder to kill. Anyways i think i can do it now.

Bohun's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Xellos_Moon View Post
    As ive said i can always win vs AI the first 5 battles, the problem is they can resupply faster than i can. Plus they develop 2 or 3 very deadly generals which are harder to kill. Anyways i think i can do it now.
    Recruit some assassins and train them on rebels agents, unit - then kill their generals.

Recruit some assassins and train them on rebels agents, unit - then kill their generals.

id get eaten down before i get that chance...

Hello Bohun,

There is no vh difficulty in MTW, nor are their separate difficulty levels for battles and the campaign. MTW has Easy/Normal/Hard/Expert levels which apply to both the campaign and battles as a whole.

The graphics are dated by today's standards, but in their time they were quite good. The sprite graphics are actually a good idea and improved sprites could have been used in later games to improve performance and allow for larger battles. High quality sprites can be seamless - perfect in fact - it's only a question of the number of frames and resolution of the image. They can look better than the polygonal 3D men used in later TW games. There is no need to zoom right in to the level where you can see the faces of the men, if you are zoomed in to that level you cannot effectively manouvre the army anyway.

The Polish are actually an easy enough faction if you usurp the Hungarians early on in the campaign. It is possible to do very well with them even on the expert difficulty level.

Regards.
    Agreed, though MTW does not have different types of victories. There is victory or defeat and nothing in between. In MTW it is much harder to achieve victories with few losses as it is in later games where battles are far too easy.

There are no rebel agents in MTW on which to train your assassins, but you can train them on your own emissaries - though that is a bit of an exploit. The best way to train assassins/spies is to have them counterspy or have your assassins pick off any rival faction emissaries straying into your provinces, you can then send them against rival factions' generals.

Bohun's Avatar Civis

U`re right with these rebels agents I was writing this stuff after a few bottles of beer. I thought about the neighbours agents of course Btw, a level of difficulty on vh/vh imo is similar like expert or even so. Other side it`s a very interesting, that Somebody is still playing Medieval or Shogun...
    Last edited by Bohun; August 27, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

@Thread starter
    But best thing to do is use a blitzkrieg tactic untill you have large amounts of provinces and can gain a substantial income per turn. Then just recruit massive armies

And i still know people who play shogun for hours on end. lol

Quote Originally Posted by The last legion of Rome View Post
    @Thread starter
    But best thing to do is use a blitzkrieg tactic untill you have large amounts of provinces and can gain a substantial income per turn. Then just recruit massive armies

And i still know people who play shogun for hours on end. lol

Please sir, what is this blitzkrieg and how do i get there?

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Xellos_Moon View Post
    Please sir, what is this blitzkrieg and how do i get there?
    Okay you made my day, first of all it is a tatic which Hitler used in WW2. basicly it means expanding at a quick rate and keeping momentum which was rather effective untill allied forces managed to finally beat back the german forces and win the war. So i advise u expand as quick as possible then wait a few years and build up your treasury then expand quickly again.

Quote Originally Posted by The last legion of Rome View Post
    Okay you made my day, first of all it is a tatic which Hitler used in WW2. basicly it means expanding at a quick rate and keeping momentum which was rather effective untill allied forces managed to finally beat back the german forces and win the war. So i advise u expand as quick as possible then wait a few years and build up your treasury then expand quickly again.

As long as it wont turn me into a Nazi, ill try

_Belisarius_'s Avatar Libertus

hmmm.. doesn't work.
    "Gloria Romanorum"

Quote Originally Posted by _Belisarius_ View Post
    hmmm.. doesn't work.
    What doesn't work? Blitzing?
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Blitzing must working.
    For me is very strange to have problem with Polish campaign...
    firstly u must have Pomerania(becuase HRE want it), than Moldovia(Hungary), sometimes Wallachia, than must have Kiyv and Crimea(Bizantium). Obviously u can Chazar(Bizantium) have. Now u have borders, next fight against the rest of rebel of eastern europe. Obviously from the diplomatic way first point to do is create alliance with HRE.
    I hope that I help...
    maybe somebody can help me...
    how create crusades playable for Poland/Danmark/Hungary in MTW:VI 1.1? I know that the Change is somewhere in files...but where? It will be working on saves?
    Last edited by czinkerlu; September 17, 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast