Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS MODS for Grand Campaign, RTI, Warpath, 1.6 patch updated. >>>NEW: American Civil War for GC and WC<<<

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS updated 30/08/2009

Nice mods, but I have found a few bugs with the civil war mod.

All of these relate to playing as the confederacy.

1. You can't change your government type through rebellion...I tried this by having a rebellion in Virginia in attempt to get rid of the monarchy, which should be a republic as stated by a previous poster, but it didn't give me the option of joining the rebellion.

2.) When the people are protesting a lot of """"""""""""""""""""""""" pops up in the box and I couldn't figure out why. I mean there are the normal words in the box, but those appear mixed in.

3.)When trading with other nations the confederate flag doesn't show up in the area where flags pop up to show who various nations are trading with.

4.) When defeating the U.S. you do not get a notification that a nation has been defeated.

5.) There is already a trade route leaving Mobile heading toward France at the start yet you get no money from it nor does it show you having an agreement with France.

6.) French ministers are still in the area and Indian buildings are still present.

7.) I was doing the activation where you add the line of code at the top of that file, yet every time I restart empire I have to re add that line because it vanishes...not that this is a bug, but I was just wondering if you knew why.

Overall, this is a great mod. I can't wait till you make the updates to the mod to keep me from face rolling the U.S. at the start of the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldwen View Post
    Nice mods, but I have found a few bugs with the civil war mod.

All of these relate to playing as the confederacy.

1. You can't change your government type through rebellion...I tried this by having a rebellion in Virginia in attempt to get rid of the monarchy, which should be a republic as stated by a previous poster, but it didn't give me the option of joining the rebellion.

2.) When the people are protesting a lot of """"""""""""""""""""""""" pops up in the box and I couldn't figure out why. I mean there are the normal words in the box, but those appear mixed in.

3.)When trading with other nations the confederate flag doesn't show up in the area where flags pop up to show who various nations are trading with.

4.) When defeating the U.S. you do not get a notification that a nation has been defeated.

5.) There is already a trade route leaving Mobile heading toward France at the start yet you get no money from it nor does it show you having an agreement with France.

6.) French ministers are still in the area and Indian buildings are still present.

7.) I was doing the activation where you add the line of code at the top of that file, yet every time I restart empire I have to re add that line because it vanishes...not that this is a bug, but I was just wondering if you knew why.

Overall, this is a great mod. I can't wait till you make the updates to the mod to keep me from face rolling the U.S. at the start of the campaign.
    Thanks for the feed back and the support. Some of your points were not known to me and will be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoskova View Post
    Ok I did a research by myself:

-When having the mod that allow all factions to be playable and adding Haiti and Belgium, Louisiana, the 13 Colonies and New Spain does not appear on the faction selection screen (Grand Campaign). However they seems to be still present in the STARTPOS.
    In some cases the 3 protectorates are downgraded to non playable at all, either because their territories are given to other factions, or because I wanted to avoid bugs. Except the handover issue some players can not even start the campaign.

-When having the mod that allow all factions to be playable but NOT adding Haiti and Belgium, the 3 protectorates factions appear and are selectionable (altought Louisiana seems to be lacking victory conditions but that's a very minor problem). However when playing as Louisiana I get systematic CTD's while other factions turn are rolling after 1703 summer turn. Did 3 tries to be sure. 1st crashed the hungary flag was displayed, 2nd crashed it was the sweden flag and 3rd well I didn't had time to see it.
    My best bet on that is since that mod doesn't come with a modified scripting.lua it is lacking the little fix that need to be made in that file to avoid the handover missions.
    I'll add to all mods the fix file that is present in most of them (it is scripting.lua without the handover code).
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 01, 2009 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    In some cases the 3 protectorates are downgraded to non playable at all, either because their territories are given to other factions, or because I wanted to avoid bugs. Except the handover issue some players can not even start the campaign.

I'll add to all mods the fix file that is present in most of them (it is scripting.lua without the handover code).
    Thank you for clearing it up !

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Ok i have time again i will start playing the emergent factions[minor factions] and see what errors i have happen.

ok 21 turns in knights of saint john crash. what numbers did you want me to find? or would you like the whole save file?
    8 turns in on my Bavaria CTD i have the auto save game of that as well.
    Last edited by BanditKS; September 02, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    Ok i have time again i will start playing the emergent factions[minor factions] and see what errors i have happen.

ok 21 turns in knights of saint john crash. what numbers did you want me to find? or would you like the whole save file?
    8 turns in on my Bavaria CTD i have the auto save game of that as well.
    I hadn't seen your edit. If you still have the saves I want the numbers (if any) in [...]/FACTION 17th and 18th line. Crashes after so many turns (like 21) seems to me to be vanilla.

keminsky's Avatar Civis

good idea, how do i definitively turn off AUTO SAVE, please? so that i get more stability
    thanks

I am not sure how to get the numbers from the saved game

I am not sure how to get the numbers from the saved game
    Open the save_game with EsfEditor and go to: saved_game.esf/CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION. The first faction record is always the faction you were playing (e.g. knights of saint john). Get the numbers (if any) from 17th and 18th line.

line 17 = 2052 int 000BE6BF
    line 18 = 0 int 000BE6C4

line 17 = 2052 int 000BE6BF
    line 18 = 0 int 000BE6C4
    Is from Knights of S.J. or from Bavaria campaign?

Bavaria

Bavaria
    Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Thanks a lot.
    np at all. as i continue to play i will give you more data.

Thanks, this looks awesome. But when playing as Norway, it crashes in 1708 on both tries so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ralala View Post
    Thanks, this looks awesome. But when playing as Norway, it crashes in 1708 on both tries so far.
    Install the fix file that was added in under the download link of the mod (just place it in the same folder with the startpos.esf). You have to start a new game.

UPDATE: American Civil War startpos mod has been updated to v. beta 0.2

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS updated 07/09/2009

UPDATE: All mods that contain emergent now start in the year of 1780

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS last updated 08/09/2009

Thank you for my friend to help me complete the 1.3 upgrade! If there is a need I can help !

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS last updated 08/09/2009

If we can continue to work together we have the ability to change the world of Empire.......