Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS MODS for Grand Campaign, RTI, Warpath, 1.6 patch updated. >>>NEW: American Civil War for GC and WC<<<

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS beta 0.1

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You can't see AppData folder because it is in the 'hidden' files and folders. Do the following:

In any Explorer window go to Tools/Folder Options. Click on the View tab, then select "Show hidden files and folders". Also diselect "Hide protected operating system files". Click on 'Apply' and 'Apply to all folders' and you've done.
    Allright found it and i am re-applying your mod to check it out. I made sure to check the hidden folders as well but it seems my computer was naming things differently than what yours had.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew Hanna\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    that is what mine was. so there was no Appdata or Roaming folder.

anyways once i get the mod up and running i will post again with my review and feedback.

It's because you're running XP and the appdata and roaming folders are if you're running Vista.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Alright, 12 turns in on the Greece campaign the game crashes right as it becomes my turn at turn 13. it goes white screen and goes to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    Alright, 12 turns in on the Greece campaign the game crashes right as it becomes my turn at turn 13. it goes white screen and goes to desktop.
    Which one did you try? Have you tried to upload the auto saved game to see If you can go on?

Which one did you try? Have you tried to upload the auto saved game to see If you can go on?
    I downloaded 1. Emergent factions and i did try to upload the auto save twice the same effect happened.

I do have to say up to that point it was super fun and an awesome mod. i am sure you will work out all the bugs it is beta after all.

huh.. weird are the knights of saint john playable in the Emergent Factions mod you have?
    Last edited by BanditKS; August 25, 2009 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    I downloaded 1. Emergent factions and i did try to upload the auto save twice the same effect happened.

I do have to say up to that point it was super fun and an awesome mod. i am sure you will work out all the bugs it is beta after all.

huh.. weird are the knights of saint john playable in the Emergent Factions mod you have?
    All factions are playable.

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS beta 0.1/0.2

EDIT: New startpos.esf were added. Some of them are simpler to help players that experienced problems. In v. 0.2 startpos.esf faction descriptions added for all emergent. Also historic faction leader's names and portraits added for most of them. Haiti's records are changed for more stable campaign game.

I couldn't find faction leader's names and portraits for some emergent as Ireland, Mamelukes, Naples & Sicily. Any help is welcome. Same if there are any better suggestions for the used portrait-images.
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 25, 2009 at 05:16 PM.

Allright,

I just wanted to make you aware of a possible corruption problem. I will start from the game launch. [this is after trying to load the broken greece auto saved game which caused crash]

boot up game

Then game goes to main menu. I go to start a new campaign pick knights of saint john.

[this is where corruption starts] one of 2 things happen game reboots my full computer. or there is a mixed campaign map partly of where the camera starts for Knights and then partly of the last screen shown of the greece auto save game. The sound is fine but i cant interact with anything in the game. the textures of the two camera views are mixed up the city of malta is in the greek mountains and italy is sticking out of ottoman territory.

So after having this effect happen to me 4 times i finally did a reboot myself and it seemed to fix the problem.

this is my feed back. I am guessing this was a fluke that only will happen to me but i thought it was worth reporting anyways.

Hi
    Thanks for your great work !
    I just have one question : does this mod work with the darthmod empire ? i didn't try coz im on vacation :p
    Thanks for the answer

Great work HussserlTW

just thought a few things i noticed.

SInce these were made from save games they seem to have saved certain mod settings into the statpos as well, that is all the tables that are only read at the begininng of campaign.

So this would mean that they run whatever tables (mod or vanila) you were running when you created that campaign. And do not seem to get updated when a new campiagn is started.

Campaign difficulty
    Campaign Variables (some values here at least)
    + Some Diplomatic tables '

not a problem in fact it could be quiet useful just thought id mention.

If it it was possible to find out what esf arrays store this info the flexibility to remove those setting would be cool too.

BTW i think i used .1 beta versions so maybe you have already changed stored settings.

Quote Originally Posted by natman02 View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for your great work !
    I just have one question : does this mod work with the darthmod empire ? i didn't try coz im on vacation :p
    Thanks for the answer
    As long Darth's mod does not use a modded startpos (and he does not as far I know) it is compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Great work HussserlTW

just thought a few things i noticed.

SInce these were made from save games they seem to have saved certain mod settings into the statpos as well, that is all the tables that are only read at the begininng of campaign.

So this would mean that they run whatever tables (mod or vanila) you were running when you created that campaign. And do not seem to get updated when a new campiagn is started.

Campaign difficulty
    Campaign Variables (some values here at least)
    + Some Diplomatic tables '

not a problem in fact it could be quiet useful just thought id mention.

If it it was possible to find out what esf arrays store this info the flexibility to remove those setting would be cool too.

BTW i think i used .1 beta versions so maybe you have already changed stored settings.
    It is not quite like this because at the end it is a startpos and not a saved_game. The difference is that in saved game are not included the tables that determine the starting choices of the player (difficulty, campaign scenario, victory conditions, etc.). For example in faction arrays you can see the entries for the next building upgrades but tables like victory conditions are empty. Anyway most of these arrays are known (usually are the gray one) and I'll have that in mind.

I am very glad that players like you share their thoughts about these mods which only helpful can be in improving them !

Laetus

Hey great mod by the way! With all the minor and emergent factions unlocked, how about these having different flags for when they have a revolution? I've seen a mod that does this but I cannot remember the name of it (republic/monachy mod?)
    If anybody know whether this mod works well with this one or whether it could be incorporated into this mod?

Im maybe an idiot but if i take only the american civil war mod, will it be like the second one with just the confederate add or not ?

thanks for the answer !

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Kulakhov View Post
    Hey great mod by the way! With all the minor and emergent factions unlocked, how about these having different flags for when they have a revolution? I've seen a mod that does this but I cannot remember the name of it (republic/monachy mod?)
    If anybody know whether this mod works well with this one or whether it could be incorporated into this mod?
    It is going to be done in future release.

Im maybe an idiot but if i take only the american civil war mod, will it be like the second one with just the confederate add or not ?

thanks for the answer !
    No. Union and Confederate are added with more provinces. The small image showing the american theater in the second group of mods is in the wrong place. It should be in American Civil War.

No. Union and Confederate are added with more provinces. The small image showing the american theater in the second group of mods is in the wrong place. It should be in American Civil War.
    ok thanks but in this mod ( American civil war ), all factions + emergent are unlocked, right ? just the region owner ship is still the same
    or maybe do i have to use both mods in the same time to get the confederate with the mod "emergent factions plus haiti and belgium

sorry i'm so annoyin', but as i told you i can't try to do it right now

Thanks for your time

Alrighty after some more testing i would like to confirm a problem with the Greek faction of your emergent faction mod.

from 12-14 turns into the campaign the game crashes to desktop after the end turn phase is finished [Comps taking there turns].

it then corrupts and destabilizes the game and no saved game nor starting a new campaign will work and could go so far as to crash the computer into blue screen of death.

Trying to load even a different campaign doesn't help.

The only reason why i think this could be is the ottoman faction must still think it owns that land and when it tries to use the different parts of the start location it causes crashes and many problems with the game.

ok thanks but in this mod ( American civil war ), all factions + emergent are unlocked, right ? just the region owner ship is still the same
    or maybe do i have to use both mods in the same time to get the confederate with the mod "emergent factions plus haiti and belgium

sorry i'm so annoyin', but as i told you i can't try to do it right now

Thanks for your time
    No they are different mods.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

thanks for the mods husserlTW! always liked your startpos files.

one problem i have found with the ACW mod is that when I play as the Confederate States the US literally does nothing. I declared war on them and built an army but every turn they dont build any units. i even halfed their upkeep and still no building. have you found this at all?

thanks again for all your hard work!!

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    thanks for the mods husserlTW! always liked your startpos files.

one problem i have found with the ACW mod is that when I play as the Confederate States the US literally does nothing. I declared war on them and built an army but every turn they dont build any units. i even halfed their upkeep and still no building. have you found this at all?

thanks again for all your hard work!!

I've played a few rounds, Union made some units and they destroyed my fleet. They seem to like fleets than armies. All armies from Boston are gathering in the port (grate CA !!!). Any way in next release there will be more armies in both sides, regions more developed, etc.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

sounds good! thanks for the reply!

have you tried Columbia much? I have tried them twice and i always get a crash around turn 8-10. so far its the only nation that has given me trouble.

thanks again for all your hard work!