Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS MODS for Grand Campaign, RTI, Warpath, 1.6 patch updated. >>>NEW: American Civil War for GC and WC<<<

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS beta 0.1

Can you made a startpos at the start of the independence war?I play with a custom startpos starting in 1783 and its seems to give the possibility of fight some custom battles , at least at the initial turns.I also think that this new startpos, historical accurated, are better than any hosted mod to ETW .And I add the AUM mod to those 1873 startpos and it works,advanced
    units,tech,fire drills,all seems to be ok.
    Last edited by pajomife; August 24, 2009 at 07:46 AM.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Well after an OS/game clean install i still cant get it 2 work on my setup....................I do wish you well on this.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    Can you made a startpos at the start of the independence war?I play with a custom startpos starting in 1783 and its seems to give the possibility of fight some custom battles , at least at the initial turns.I also think that this new startpos, historical accurated, are better than any hosted mod to ETW .And I add the AUM mod to those 1873 startpos and it works,advanced
    units,tech,fire drills,all seems to be ok.
    There is already this you are playing (Late Campaign mod-RTI) only that US have all 7 colonies. You mean a RTI startpos with USA owning just the first region?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJian View Post
    Well after an OS/game clean install i still cant get it 2 work on my setup....................I do wish you well on this.
    I think that the problem you had playing as Haiti (based on New_Spain) is the protectorate handover bug. However you should be able to play with the new scripting file that disables the handover. Did you try playing as another faction than Haiti, 13 colonies, louisiana? Anyway in beta 0.2 which will be soon released I'll have eliminated new_spain, louisiana and 13 Colonies.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

NO i only played as Haiti, with the new scrip....Yea till CA gets the game stable I will just hope. I will keep an eye on this from time to time.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    There is already this you are playing (Late Campaign mod-RTI) only that US have all 7 colonies. You mean a RTI startpos with USA owning just the first region?
    Yes ,but with a big army ,two or three almost full stacks.I mean you may made several startpos ,for each nation,at least the main ones ,focus in a relevant wars.
    The game should start at beginning of those wars,with custom armies close ,and reinforcements close.
    For example.

Austro-Ottoman War, 1737-1739
    American Revolutionary War (1775–1783)
    The Swedish-Russian War of 1741-1743

We start the game as one of those factions and try to repeat or contradict the history,then we keep playing normally.Of course we c an ply with any faction ,but the main goal is ,start in different year, with different world maps,I mean frontiers,and different forces correlation.
    Last edited by pajomife; August 24, 2009 at 10:16 AM.

Yes ,but with a big army ,two or three almost full stacks.I mean you may made several startpos ,for each nation,at least the main ones ,focus in a relevant wars.
    The game should start at beginning of those wars,with custom armies close ,and reinforcements close.
    For example.

Austro-Ottoman War, 1737-1739
    American Revolutionary War (1775–1783)
    The Swedish-Russian War of 1741-1743

We start the game as one of those factions and try to repeat or contradict the history,then we keep playing normally.Of course we c an ply with any faction ,but the main goal is ,start in different year, with different world maps,I mean frontiers,and different forces correlation.
    O.K. now I see. Yes that is just what I am going to do in official releases after beta testing. However I need ideas for the several scenarios like these you've suggested and thanks for that . More ideas are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    Have you updated Empires with the latest patch?
    Hi, no I have not update the game. I'm playing on an other computer without internet.

Quote Originally Posted by FR4N6 View Post
    Hi, no I have not update the game. I'm playing on an other computer without internet.
    Hey man .. to play these startpos you have to update your game..

Ohhh so thats why its not work!! Thanks husserlTW, Cipher and Pikemen !!!!

Anyway to add school's to the minor factions? I noticed some have em and most don't.

Quote Originally Posted by stryker290 View Post
    Anyway to add school's to the minor factions? I noticed some have em and most don't.
    New towns can not be added. You have to change an existing town into a school or attack a near by region.

Sooo.... Hows progress with the .2 Beta?
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

i would like to try this out but i am a bit too nervous to download that mod manager.

I also cant find the C:/Users/(user)/AppData/Roaming/The%20Creative%20Assembly/Empire/scripts/ thing even after doing a computer search and manually searching for it.

so i cant activate anything so i will just wait to do this i guess.

i am using windows xp if that helps at all.
    Last edited by BanditKS; August 25, 2009 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    i would like to try this out but i am a bit too nervous to download that mod manager.

I also cant find the C:/Users/(user)/AppData/Roaming/The%20Creative%20Assembly/Empire/scripts/ thing even after doing a computer search and manually searching for it.

You can't see AppData folder because it is in the 'hidden' files and folders. Do the following:

In any Explorer window go to Tools/Folder Options. Click on the View tab, then select "Show hidden files and folders". Also diselect "Hide protected operating system files". Click on 'Apply' and 'Apply to all folders' and you've done.

Sooo.... Hows progress with the .2 Beta?
    I am working on it. I was thinking your suggestions about adding armies. To gain sometime, can you check how big armies the american factions can have in the starting position without having bankrupt issue?

Sure will

But are you going to make The Union/Confederacy more developed? If you are, that might change things Financially.

Also, Texas was part of he Confederacy during the civil war:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confe...tes_of_America

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    Last edited by Pikemen; August 25, 2009 at 02:58 AM.
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Sure will

But are you going to make The Union/Confederacy more developed? If you are, that might change things Financially.

Also, Texas was part of he Confederacy during the civil war:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confe...tes_of_America

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    Thanks a lot. Yes I will develop the western regions but I would like to make the least needed so the player don't be able to make one army full stuck after another.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post

I was afraid to. During 3 months I dont use any mod, mainly because my ETW first instalation cause me many troubles. You just have to lose the fear, I remember my first time...25 years ago...,...ok ok ...,just make sure you backup the replaced file or folder, you can create a folder called EMPIRE BACKUPS to place the original files , you may add a txt file and write the path of those files to dont forget the place it belongs, take a picture to your game data folder to see the original files , then you could add more and in the future ,if you have any doubt you can check.Take a risk it worths.

I was afraid to. During 3 months I dont use any mod, mainly because my ETW first instalation cause me many troubles. You just have to lose the fear, I remember my first time...25 years ago...,...ok ok ...,just make sure you backup the replaced file or folder, you can create a folder called EMPIRE BACKUPS to place the original files , you may add a txt file and write the path of those files to dont forget the place it belongs, take a picture to your game data folder to see the original files , then you could add more and in the future ,if you have any doubt you can check.Take a risk it worths.
    There is also steam that will restore your original files anytime you like to.