Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS MODS for Grand Campaign, RTI, Warpath, 1.6 patch updated. >>>NEW: American Civil War for GC and WC<<<

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Default Re: STARTPOS MODS beta 0.1

Does this CTD like all other emergent factions mods? Love what you did with Haiti
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Quote Originally Posted by Godless Pickle View Post
    Fantastic job, +rep. Just a request: could you make new region ownership for each 30 years or so that are historical accurate to the time period?

~1700-1750
    ~1750-1775
    ~1775-1812
    ~1812-1860

Thanks, Id love to have different scenarios to play around with! Im might just go scanning through startpos myself and see what I can do!
    Thanks mate, there are a lot more coming in future updates and of course I like suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJian View Post
    Does this CTD like all other emergent factions mods? Love what you did with Haiti
    This is not " like all other emergent factions mods" ! Serious now I didn't have CTD's in my tests except a couple -very rare- CA vanilla's which usually were bypassed after loading the autosaved game.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Ok cool i will dl now...........Great job thanks
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.

"Have you forgotten any _loc file of other mod? You have to remove them and leave only ACW_loc (along with ACW.pack)"

Thanks! This did the trick. I must commend you on an excellent Mod. Now...my only gripe.....There are no schools in the south! VMI?

But....it makes the south attack the north for theirs I suppose

Now...I just need to break the alliance I made with the north!

*Update* Bad, bad, bad. Game froze, locked up during the CPU turn phase. It appears the the Civil War mod isn't playing nice with the Additional Unit Mod. So, I need to decide if I want Marines and a whole slew of new units or play as the Confederate faction with vanilla units. BAH! Decisions!
    Last edited by drummer2177; August 20, 2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Breaking News!

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Hello......im on turn 16 as Haiti im getting Fraction Destroyed, its on Spain's turn and it shows France flag. This is the 3 time i have got that cant remember the turn...............even restart on turn b4 does not help as it did b4................Im running no other mods with a clean install...............

I dont know much about the game so i have no ideal whats going on.

Hi,
    I download the first one, "emergent faction" and i follow your instruction. I download Mod manager, and activate conv_mod.pack. But 10 seconds after launching the game, i return to windows without even seeing the menu. Please help

Cipher*'s Avatar Libertus

Hi im using Ireland on which when I reach turn 6 or 7 the game crashed. I think it crashed after New Spain's Turn. Btw im using 1. Emergent factions

Hello......im on turn 16 as Haiti im getting Fraction Destroyed, its on Spain's turn and it shows France flag. This is the 3 time i have got that cant remember the turn...............even restart on turn b4 does not help as it did b4................Im running no other mods with a clean install...............

I dont know much about the game so i have no ideal whats going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher* View Post
    Hi im using Ireland on which when I reach turn 6 or 7 the game crashed. I think it crashed after New Spain's Turn. Btw im using 1. Emergent factions
    Use this scripting.lua file (ETW/data/campaigns/main) and feed back please.

Quote Originally Posted by FR4N6 View Post
    Hi,
    I download the first one, "emergent faction" and i follow your instruction. I download Mod manager, and activate conv_mod.pack. But 10 seconds after launching the game, i return to windows without even seeing the menu. Please help
    Check if files of others mods are forgotten in your ETW/data directory, especially of the type: patch, release, or movie, which do not need activation and it's easy to be forgotten. Also don't use conv_mod.pack until you make it work. It is not a critical file and is added only for cosmetic purposes (showing the right type of fortification for converted cities).
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 22, 2009 at 07:42 AM.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Ok will do thanks

Ok, I have not activated conv_mod.pack now I can run the game, but I can not start a new campaign, I returned again on windows after selecting the faction.

EDIT: I uninstall and reinstall the game, so my game is clean.
    FR4N6
    Last edited by FR4N6; August 22, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

Ok, I have not activated conv_mod.pack now I can run the game, but I can not start a new campaign, I returned again on windows after selecting the faction.

EDIT: I uninstall and reinstall the game, so my game is clean.
    FR4N6
    Just unistalling does not delete files that do not belong to the official game (like mod files). If there are forgotten files from other mods they will remain. Check the files by date, I think that the reinstalled files will have today's date.
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 22, 2009 at 01:04 PM.

Cipher*'s Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Use this scripting.lua file (ETW/data/campaigns/main) and feed back please.
    aye' im using that scripting.lua file but it still crashed

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher* View Post
    aye' im using that scripting.lua file but it still crashed
    Sorry I can't help further. I checked the files and for me are working. If you want to play as an Ireland here are some files that I've made for somebody in the forum sometime ago before making these mods. Also in modifications of this tutorial you can find a fairly easy way to make by yourself Ireland playable.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I deleted the "SEGA / empire total war" folder

FR4N6

Sorry I forgot to mention that I deleted the "SEGA / empire total war" folder

FR4N6
    Check this file. It is just all emergent playable without any conversions or other changes, thats why it is only startos.esf (you don't need any other file). I am working on this preparing beta 0.2 releases. Maybe some details are wrong but you should be able playing the game.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

I'm using that scripting.lua file on that saved game i could not get pass.. Well it worked, for some time. Then i had CTD on turn 42. Open the save game played till turn 76 CTD. I will keep this game but also start a new test today after i reinstall my OS.. I need to 2 do a new game with your scripting file and see what goes on.

A little about my game when i land an army on Trinidad i lose half my army the next move first game( 1312 goes to 800). Perhaps this is how the game always does dont know....I have never took Trinidad.

The second game same thing but later b4 CTD (turn 76) I look at Santo Damingo its cool but the pirate island cant recall the name also trinidad half my army is also gone once more.

From start of game my trade route to France is blockaded but it will not tell me who and none of the route of France as i can see are blockaded. Later GB does blockaded them but i never was told.

I"m getting the war of succession card from Portugal first game it was as soon as my King died, the second game after my 2nd kind died.............I think Haiti is still locked into France on many things, but you would know better than me.

Ok im going to reinstall now 4real no more just one more move. But i will start a new game later with the new file and see if i still get CTD........I know you believe its an ETW installation problem but i cant see this.....but i will do a reinstall and see what goes on................

I'm not 2 good at this because i really dont know what to look 4 to help you..

I'm using that scripting.lua file on that saved game i could not get pass.. Well it worked, for some time. Then i had CTD on turn 42. Open the save game played till turn 76 CTD. I will keep this game but also start a new test today after i reinstall my OS.. I need to 2 do a new game with your scripting file and see what goes on.

A little about my game when i land an army on Trinidad i lose half my army the next move first game( 1312 goes to 800). Perhaps this is how the game always does dont know....I have never took Trinidad.

The second game same thing but later b4 CTD (turn 76) I look at Santo Damingo its cool but the pirate island cant recall the name also trinidad half my army is also gone once more.

From start of game my trade route to France is blockaded but it will not tell me who and none of the route of France as i can see are blockaded. Later GB does blockaded them but i never was told.

I"m getting the war of succession card from Portugal first game it was as soon as my King died, the second game after my 2nd kind died.............I think Haiti is still locked into France on many things, but you would know better than me.

Ok im going to reinstall now 4real no more just one more move. But i will start a new game later with the new file and see if i still get CTD........I know you believe its an ETW installation problem but i cant see this.....but i will do a reinstall and see what goes on................

I'm not 2 good at this because i really don't know what to look 4 to help you..
    This detailed feed back is a very good help and thank you. I am preparing a new startpos with no cities conversions. Also I'll base Haiti on another faction and disappear new_spain and louisiana (in ACW 13_colonies also) which always make me suspicious for campaigns ctd's.

The reason pointing installation files as guilty is that some players complain that they can not even pass the game menu while others play a complete campaign. But the biggest problem for me with this situation is that I can't deal with a problem that I do not face in my machines (desktop and laptop). That's why feeding back is valuable to me. The same time I'll continue produce releases with difference combinations of changes hoping to figure out the reasons of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    No, it is not. Yours is the modern flag and not this of Belgian revolution (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_revolution)
    yes, but then u still got the order of the colours wrong, it's like the other guy said, but then the beams turned 90°, btw, check out the flag on the top of the painting, that flag was allready used in those days
    Kein Sieg ohne Krieg...

Quote Originally Posted by Gotlander View Post
    yes, but then u still got the order of the colours wrong, it's like the other guy said, but then the beams turned 90°, btw, check out the flag on the top of the painting, that flag was allready used in those days
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Belgium