Hello, I'm currently trying out Wes's MedMod v4.07 (I'm sure there are other professional mods for mtw1 but I am only able to try out one at a time!). I downloaded the mod from the official site:

http://wes.apolyton.net/

On that site, there is a file to download and install for the mod (v4.07, 19 Megs). I have downloaded and installed this file.

Below that, there is another file to download (v4 Stratmap). However it then says beneath v4 Stratmap 'Note: This file is not needed if you set your strategic map resolution to one greater than the default 800x600'. I play at resolution 1600 x 1200, does that mean I require v4 Stratmap or not? I have not so far downloaded or installed this file.

I started early campaign playing as the Aragonese. I noticed that the campaign map is somewhat strange, with regions sized differently from standard, although this is not noticeable just by looking at the campaign map. I also noticed just east of the papal states, there is a port that appears to be sitting in the sea. Is this how the mod is meant to be, or am I missing something?

Another strange thing I have noticed while observing with my agent units the armies of other nations is that the English military armies are comprised mostly of Claymore units (i.e. Scottish units), while the Scottish and Welsh armies are comprised mostly of Fyrdmen units (i.e. English units)! Again, am I missing something here?

Please could someone with experience of this mod clarify the issues I have raised.

Thanks!