Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMAN STATES-28/12/09 NEW..Recruitment Mod and updated Darth to new BAI.

Default Re: GERMAN STATES-HANNOVER NOW RELEASED,Westphalia Released!!!-Bavaria released!! Saxony added to this thread.

Hm, cant believe how underrated your skins are, Pom! In my eyes, they are one of the top-reskins here along with jarno's dutch and danova's ornamentum units.

I suggested your mod to the IS2 team, but I guess they have other things to do atm. Why don't you try to approach them? I would be so happy, if german states would become so cool in IS2.

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: GERMAN STATES-HANNOVER NOW RELEASED,Westphalia Released!!!-Bavaria released!! Saxony added to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH View Post
    a Wurttemberger Remake and then Italian factions;if this is the case;
    With kind Regards
    Wurttemberg yes,Italians???,I want to do my British mod,had a go some months back when I only new a fraction of what I know now,so it didn't go well.
    I'll make a deal with you Morgan if you can supply me with some info on some of the basic units ie line,then I wil try to do a mini mod,to give you some new targets to shoot at,.If your interested try to keep it mid century if you can so that they fit in with my other work.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Hm, cant believe how underrated your skins are, Pom! In my eyes, they are one of the top-reskins here along with jarno's dutch and danova's ornamentum units.

I suggested your mod to the IS2 team, but I guess they have other things to do atm. Why don't you try to approach them? I would be so happy, if german states would become so cool in IS2.
    Thanks Storm,very flattering,I'm glad you mention Jarno's Dutch,it was after downloading and looking at their work that I realised just what could be done with the dds files,it was then a case of trial and error(a LOT of error) to find out what I could do.I'm looking forward to the full version.
    As to IS,I'm a late convert to this mod,I love what they are trying to do,we have been in contact and they do plan to re-vamp the German States,but as you say they have a lot on at the moment so its best we let them do their thing.As to wheather they choose to use my work thats down to them I of course have no problem with that.
    My mod dosn't get a lot of attention I think because I'm doing the "minors" and I try to keep to a narrow timeframe,but the German States are full of great and interesting units,and also try fighting a war during the 18th century without German troops being on one or both sides.
    Anyway off to have another go at some horse grenadiers,second attempt,thanks again Storm.

Yes! Superb! Im 100% sure, they'll make it to IS2 somewhen.

Its unfortunately true, that minors get less attention then majors, however faction unlock-mods are one of the most popular mods there is?
    Why dont you actually reskin Sweden? As I see it, there are no decent ones around at the moment.

And also of course I lean on the side of the other guys, who wish more minors! Mabye, if you reskin ALL the majors, your work will finally be appreciated by a wider range of people, haha!

One short question there: You also have a Wurrtemberg reskin. Is it already completed or will you polish them too?

I am going to try to promote this mod to the german communities, hopefully you get some more attention then!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Yes! Superb! Im 100% sure, they'll make it to IS2 somewhen.

Its unfortunately true, that minors get less attention then majors, however faction unlock-mods are one of the most popular mods there is?
    Why dont you actually reskin Sweden? As I see it, there are no decent ones around at the moment.

And also of course I lean on the side of the other guys, who wish more minors! Mabye, if you reskin ALL the majors, your work will finally be appreciated by a wider range of people, haha!

One short question there: You also have a Wurrtemberg reskin. Is it already completed or will you polish them too?

I am going to try to promote this mod to the german communities, hopefully you get some more attention then!
    I liked playing as a minor,they are normaly more difficult and you can have a more interesting start position.I don't get to play much these days but thats ok as I find modding a lot more involving than the game.
    As for Sweden,I think prussen gloria would disagree with you about the quality of their skins,he hasn't updated his mod for a while but they are still good so check them out.
    The Wurttemberg mod I'm doing at the moment is a makeover of the first mod I ever posted some time ago,its still about down on page 12 or something.
    Thank you in advance for promoting my mod on the German sites,but please remember I'm a Brit with a limited understanding of my native tongue,let alone anyone elses.
    We'll speak again soon.

Edit....page 9 if you want to see what my standards were like in the beginning.
    Last edited by ♔Pom♔; September 26, 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Aloicias's Avatar Senator

I seem to be having a problem with the download link specifically for the Hannover and Westphillian vanilla versions. An error message pops up " IE is not able to open blahblah link; westphilia.zip, etc. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Aloicias View Post
    I seem to be having a problem with the download link specifically for the Hannover and Westphillian vanilla versions. An error message pops up " IE is not able to open blahblah link; westphilia.zip, etc. Is anyone else having the same problem?
    Hi Aloicias,just did a quick test,both links are working for me,Hannover downloaded and Westphalia on the way as I post,don't know enough about these things to be able to come up with any ideas,sorry.

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

If you do do the Italian factions next, it would be wonderful if you could do Venice first as they seemed as if they were going to originally be included in the game as a playable faction judging from their 5 slot city + 2 territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline Pete View Post
    If you do do the Italian factions next, it would be wonderful if you could do Venice first as they seemed as if they were going to originally be included in the game as a playable faction judging from their 5 slot city + 2 territories.
    Hi Skyline,I will look at the Italians after I've done Wurttemberg,but only some basic units,until I've done Britain,and then I will make them my next project,don't know a great deal about them so will be asking for help getting the info,as well as the fun of doing some research myself.

hey,
    could you make saxony and hanover compatible with IS mod?

i have been trying to start a campain with saxony. i'm able to have the untis but not the discription. i only have the saxon mod installed.

i found the problem! i was using the patch_is.pack, that turns all the nations, regions and settlements in the correct language. for example, turning austria into österreich!
    Last edited by major_payne; September 28, 2009 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    hey,
    could you make saxony and hanover compatible with IS mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    i have been trying to start a campain with saxony. i'm able to have the untis but not the discription. i only have the saxon mod installed.

i found the problem! i was using the patch_is.pack, that turns all the nations, regions and settlements in the correct language. for example, turning austria into österreich!
    Hi major,will be working on IS compatible mods today,so look out later on.
    On your problem with the unit names,you need to use appleover's unit comatabilty mod,Swiss has done an update,just tried it with IS and Saxony,works fine.

Phew, just got back from playing as Prussia in a new campaign and I've been trying to unite the German states. This has given me many pretty battles to look at as all those uniforms are just gorgeous.

One thing though, I advise this to other people looking to play these factions in the grand campaign. Use DB editor and make sure you make the mounted riflemen and the jaegars only recruitable once Light Infantry doctrine has been researched otherwise the AI has a tendency to spam them a bit.

And speaking of which, anyone know which value I'm looking to change? Or would I have to set building permissions instead of the tech one? Like deleting some lines from the building permissions to make sure only the next tier of buildings can get Jaegars and light infantry?
    Last edited by Caecilius; September 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Foederatus

This mod looks great but iam from germany and this mod is changing my game into english.

Quote Originally Posted by Caecilius View Post
    Phew, just got back from playing as Prussia in a new campaign and I've been trying to unite the German states. This has given me many pretty battles to look at as all those uniforms are just gorgeous.

One thing though, I advise this to other people looking to play these factions in the grand campaign. Use DB editor and make sure you make the mounted riflemen and the jaegars only recruitable once Light Infantry doctrine has been researched otherwise the AI has a tendency to spam them a bit.

And speaking of which, anyone know which value I'm looking to change? Or would I have to set building permissions instead of the tech one? Like deleting some lines from the building permissions to make sure only the next tier of buildings can get Jaegars and light infantry?
    Hello again Caecilius,the unit to tech db file is one I missed out when doing my mods,I'm adding them in now as I update my mods,this is the one you need to amend,no need to amend building permissions.
    Glad you enjoy fighting against my boys!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamQuest View Post
    This mod looks great but iam from germany and this mod is changing my game into english.
    Hi SamQuest,I don't think I can help you,if anyone out there can and wants to convert my mods into German then feel free,it's beyond me I'm affraid.

Also IS version of Saxony mod now ready for download on the front page.
    Last edited by ♔Pom♔; September 28, 2009 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pom View Post
    Hello again Caecilius,the unit to tech db file is one I missed out when doing my mods,I'm adding them in now as I update my mods,this is the one you need to amend,no need to amend building permissions.
    Glad you enjoy fighting against my boys!!

Hi SamQuest,I don't think I can help you,if anyone out there can and wants to convert my mods into German then feel free,it's beyond me I'm affraid.

Also IS version of Saxony mod now ready for download on the front page.
    Hey Pom, on second thoughts, maybe just upping the recruitment cost a bit would do the trick? As at the moment the units are pretty darn cheap. Maybe a slight cost increase would be better than restricting them to light infantry doctrine only because (most) of the German states only have military encampments or the other government buildings and cannot even develop their tech as they are not a 4 slot city. I think Bavaria has Munich and is the only one that can develop properly. If we restrict the units too much we will never fight them on the campaign map. At the moment, once you tech pretty hard the German states really don't stand a chance as they cannot develop their technology at all so I usually rock up with my socketted bayonets and fire by rank and they scatter like the four winds. So maybe a light infantry corp here and there is not such a bad thing - so perhaps the cost increase will work. I'm not sure, but if I get a chance later this week I'll try to edit the values myself and see if anything different happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Caecilius View Post
    Hey Pom, on second thoughts, maybe just upping the recruitment cost a bit would do the trick? As at the moment the units are pretty darn cheap. Maybe a slight cost increase would be better than restricting them to light infantry doctrine only because (most) of the German states only have military encampments or the other government buildings and cannot even develop their tech as they are not a 4 slot city. I think Bavaria has Munich and is the only one that can develop properly. If we restrict the units too much we will never fight them on the campaign map. At the moment, once you tech pretty hard the German states really don't stand a chance as they cannot develop their technology at all so I usually rock up with my socketted bayonets and fire by rank and they scatter like the four winds. So maybe a light infantry corp here and there is not such a bad thing - so perhaps the cost increase will work. I'm not sure, but if I get a chance later this week I'll try to edit the values myself and see if anything different happens.
    I've been adding the tech db to my mods as I update them for those who play as the factions,not just against them.Let me know how your amendments work,I new of the problem of the lack of development potential for the minor states,your way will solve the problem for AI controlled factions but will make it too easy for anyone playing as the faction,I have to make the mods playable for humans over AI.
    I am planing to do an AOR mod that allows you to recruit the German units,once conquered,so maybe your solution will work for that,and of course theres no point if many of the units are unavailable due to tech restrictions,but you should still have to work to get them.
    A problem for later.
    Cheers Caecilius.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Busy busy busy here eh LOL
    Ok ill look into the Italians

greetings my friend

*edit*allready send you a PM on the matter!
    Last edited by MorganH.; September 29, 2009 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH View Post
    Busy busy busy here eh LOL
    Ok ill look into the Italians

greetings my friend

*edit*allready send you a PM on the matter!
    Thanks Morgan,got all that.
    Quick update on Wurttemberg.

Horse Grenadiers(with breastplates),Hussars,and two Dragoon regiments.

wow the skins look great!! keep up the good work!

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Fantastic work pom they are amazing units mate - cheers +REP
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod