Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are Cumans Mongol or Turkic orgin

Default Re: Are Cumans Mongol or Turkic orgin

My friend, Boztorgai_Khan, is correct, but they spoke Kypchac, which is generally aknowledged as a "Western Turkic Language".
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

Yes Boztorgai Khan is correct.

and for some people here: Cuman, Kuman, Kipchak, Kypchak, Qipchak, Qypchaq etc is same.

Petar's Avatar Miles

So what about their physical appearance? And how true is that "blonde" myth?

Sure some are blonde,because the nomadics shearch and love the sedentaries women,like chineses,iranians,or slavics or uralic women.Especially women from the great sedenteries cultures like chineses or greeks and iranians.The women are very important objectives of their depredations.The ottomans for exemple have take byzantines princess in marriage.The common turks people have imitate their chiefs.

Psetar if you want very pertinent informations,shearch traductions of the books of René Grousset,exhaustives books...

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Hmm... an Azeri here says that he can't understand Turkmen or Mongol, though he speaks Turkish. I'm Turkish, and I can understand Turkmens, Azeris and Ozbeks very well, for some reason. Their accent can be wierd (pronouncing "kh" instead of just "k") as well as a few different bits of syntax (using a recognisable but not used form of "I" in Turkish). Still can't understand Mongol, though! The differences in the languages must have come just from isolation from each other, but they are all related in the Altai-Ural branch. Although I cannot understand Mongol, I have studied a little and can see many, many common words (such as Tanri-Tengri, yurt, and tumen) as well as bits of grammar.

Cumans (aka Kypchaks) are Turkish people not Turkic or mongol

most of Kypchaks live in black sea region of Turkey

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Gotta love those vast wide open plains.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Boztorgai_Xan what is your nationality?
    Most surely man is in loss,
    Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience.

Cumans are turkish people not mongol
    Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience.

Salam Ozzmanis I'm from Azerbaijan )

Quote Originally Posted by alibala View Post
    Salam Ozzmanis I'm from Azerbaijan )
    haha greetings to you too, however, "salaam" is arabic, not turkish! (are there even any "proper turkish" greetings?)
    btw it is better to edit posts to add new things, the moderators get angry about double or triple postings.
    also I think it is pretty obvious that Boztorgai is an actual Mongol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    haha greetings to you too, however, "salaam" is arabic, not turkish! (are there even any "proper turkish" greetings?)
    btw it is better to edit posts to add new things, the moderators get angry about double or triple postings.
    also I think it is pretty obvious that Boztorgai is an actual Mongol.
    Yes "salam" is arab word which means "peace to you" . we have corresponding words for meeting. such "İyi günler" in Turkish which means good days. Why you are so turkofobic?

Quote Originally Posted by alibala View Post
    Yes "salam" is arab word which means "peace to you" . we have corresponding words for meeting. such "İyi günler" in Turkish which means good days. Why you are so turkofobic?
    I'm not at all "Turcophobic" if there even is such a word. Quite the opposite, I am opposed to arab/persian/muslim corruption of our proud Turkic heritage.
    İyi günler, or İyi aksamlar, wherever you are.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

you could say that Cumans are Turks but you could also say that Turks are Cumans

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    you could also say that Turks are Cumans
    You could say it, but it wouldn't be correct because not all Turks are Cumans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

are they? what if turks are just some eastern cuman tribes, in this case turks are cumans are they not?
    Last edited by Hrobatos; January 13, 2010 at 04:43 AM.

Hi Hrobatos

Altaic(family)
    Turk(sub-family)
    Cuman(people)

like you are Indo-european(family),after Slavic(sub-family), in end Horvatski(people)

sorr
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 13, 2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: err

Cumans don't exist any more. They were a sort of Kypchaks. About Kypchaks, they are indeed Turkic. One thing you should be aware of that is Turkic is not equal Turk. I m also Turkic but not Turk I.E from Turkey.

Kirgizistan, Kazakhstan, Tatars, Nogais and smaller groups like Karachay-Balkars and Kumyks are modern Kypchak peoples.

Dontcha just love steppe histories? There's so much to debate

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast