Thread: graphics - suggestions?

Default graphics - suggestions?

Hi folks,

I'm running ETW 1.3 at low/medium settings and from what I've been reading in various posts in this forum I take it the problem is my graphics card, GeForce 8500, which from what I understand is a pretty bad card. Although, mine does have 512 MB, so I was hoping I could run the game without lag on at least medium settings - preferrably high - rather than what I'm now forced to run it at, which is low/medium.

I want to replace my current GeForce 8500 with something better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

...I think it's the graphics card that slows me down; but could it be the processor? I have a dual core. Here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2,66 GHz, 3 GB Ram, P5KC motherboard, PSU 550W, Windows XP, Nvidia GeForce 8500 512MB.

I run MTW at high settings (also the Demo for ETW, I ran it at high settings). Will a better graphics card help me here? Is the probem with the rest of my configuration?

I was thinking about upgrading the graphics card to GeForce 9800 GT or Radeon HD 4850, as recommended at youmagers.com, but both cards are usually 512 MB and since my current GeForce 8500 also has 512 MB I wonder how much of an improvement I would get from a GeForce 9800 GT at 512 MB.

Do you think I should try for a GeForce 9800 GT at 1 GB? ...there are a couple that have 1 GB. What worries me, since I don't have the technical knowledge, is that I might get a graphics card that's way higher then the rest of my system, and so the CPU will bottleneck it.

Any help will, once again, be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

yonutz

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Default Re: graphics - suggestions?

Thread on this here.

Closed.