Thread: Normal Game or S.P.Q.R.

Crikker's Avatar Foederatus

Default Normal Game or S.P.Q.R.

Well, if any of you reading my post now and have read my earlier posts, you will now that I downloaded the S.P.Q.R. Mod, but I think I will go back to the original mode because, not alot of people know very much about S.P.Q.R. because you are playing the original game. I think so major things may have changed in the game that I have just not noticed, so you guys don't seem to know what I am talking about when I say some things about this mod. It is fun, but the troop system is a bit messed up, because you will have a Legion called 'Legion IV,' from one Castle, and the same type of unit from a different Castle will be called 'Legion V.' But really I posed this topic because I want to know your opinion on if I should do it or not. It doesn't matter if you have played S.P.Q.R. Mod or not, if you haven't you can tell me some good reasons why the original game is so good. I like S.P.Q.R. alot, but some of it is a disapointment. So if anyone one can help that would be great.
    The Task Ahead Of You, Is Never As Great As The Power Behind You.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Default Re: Normal Game or S.P.Q.R.

I still play vanilla. I played EB and RTR for a while and played on the MM map but found myself drawn back to vanilla. Bit romantic, but I don't really mind the unmodified discrepancies with history and the unfair treatment some factions get. It makes it more interesting to play as these factions.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

For information about SPQR you should head over to the SPQR forum, in the mods section:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

There are a lot of people who know about it there.

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Hmm I play the SPQR, the reason why i hate SPQR is that it starts with so much settlements its kind of gets boring to check on all of it in the beginnning. But hwat i hate about Vanilla, is that it has so much little settlements and small map. So i love the XGM mod

Well, I just reinstalled the original R:TW Game, and, well, It won't play. For some reason an error message pops up. So, I was wondering, what is a mod that is really similar to the Original Game? Something that if I was to talk to normal R:TW players they would know what I was talking about even though I have this mod. Any Help?

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

I think Mundus Magnus might be something to look at. It's pretty much a larger map with a couple of faction fixes. The map is huge and sometimes the rebels have large experienced armies guarding their settlements so it should be a bit harder to expand rapidly.

Or you can try XGM mod, love that mod too. Its lightweight and modfoldered

Well as I said in one of my other topics. I said to Genius Of The Restoration, I said that the S.P.Q.R. Mod was practically the same as the original, just minor changes to the troops and factions. Not the campagin though. So I tried playing The Original version but It didn't work like I said before. But what I like most about S.P.Q.R. is that you have so many troops. That is the best part. But I think I will stick to the original game.

So just think of the original game if I say S.P.Q.R., everything important in that game is exactly the same as the original.