Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Some Animation Mods (and some other things)

Default Re: Some Animation Mods (and some other things)

hmmmm are all the foot guard suppose to have the same face.......I like the uniform....but I really don't like the faces.....I use the UP skins too and it feels so odd....

titanvoyager's Avatar Biarchus

I have to say that it has been a really good surprise those new units. Thanks
    "...to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    hmmmm are all the foot guard suppose to have the same face.......I like the uniform....but I really don't like the faces.....I use the UP skins too and it feels so odd....
    They don't have the same face. There are two visible variations (just like every other unit) but the hair is in the same fashion for both.
    Look at this picture: http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/images/..._y_Valonas.jpg and you'll see that it's accurate. The hair was part of the uniform at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldDuval View Post
    Excellent mod! Really adds to the game.
    Thanks, so do yours (though I must admit I haven't tried those screaming rockets yet).

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldDuval View Post
    Excellent mod! Really adds to the game.

I was wondering if you had planned on messing with the loading animations, to make everyone do it properly? That whole ramming the charge up and down for 20 seconds is silly, and incorrect...
    That's determined by the reload speed in unit_stats_land. I think the ramming animation consists of ramming only once, and this animation is repeated many times in some sort of loop. In any case, I'm sure it would take a terrified (and possibly tired and half-blinded) soldier much longer to load a musket than a reenactor who isn't facing any physical danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucefalo View Post
    I was wondering if it would be possible to change the firing animation of the irregular troops (those with mob formation, which donīt march in proper ranks) so that instead of firing while standing, they kneel to fire, like the troops with light infantry doctrine active do.

I ask this because it is a bit strange to see them taking shots standing, irl they would have try to take some cover and not stand there like line infantry do. Then the light infantry doctrine could be changed so that the troops prone instead of kneel, i remember seeing screesn that it was somehow possible to reintroduce it ingame. I know it would involve a lot of work, so np if you donīt like the idea.

Great work so far with those animations
    Going further along that road, perhaps a mix of standing, kneeling, and prone men would be even better, assuming I can get something like that to work.
    PS. Yes, there are functioning prone animations hidden in the game files.
    Last edited by Astaroth; September 04, 2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: merged double post

oh sorry about that mate, I thought the infantry used the same face. Wonderful work

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    oh sorry about that mate, I thought the infantry used the same face. Wonderful work
    Thanks, and no offense taken.
    It might seem ridiculous, but in many armies facial hair is still regulated today (for example, only soldiers in certain elite units were allowed to have beards).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard#Armed_forces

Default Re: pikemen

hello,
    I've just tried to play with pikemen: it's awful. Do you think it would it be possible to make a mod for ( I can't mod myself):
    -pikemen should fight with their pikes down as soon as they reach contact with ennemies (automaticly) and only if we want make them use their swords.
    -their assaults should be more lethals, deadly.
    -they should make their formations more quiqly.

Sorry for my english

at the moment it is impossible to make pikemen use their pikes in melee till we get proper tools. Also download the aum mod if you want better pikemen

Civis

i have a problem the officers telescope is not displaying any idea

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

I assume you mean he's performing the animation, but there's no telescope. I had this issue also.

If you have any other mods which touch warscape_equipment_themes tables, that would be the likely culprit. In my case, it was Imperial Splendour 2.1b. The easiest way to address it if this is the case would be to open the conflicting mod, go to warscape_eqipment_themes, find the euro_officer entry and add euro_telescope to the instruments column (as in the telescope pack's table). There are some other entries in this table in the telescope pack, but I'm uncertain as to their purpose. You would probably need to rectify those as well. Tiyafeh?

If you do that, you don't need the telescope pack. Alternatively, you could delete the entries from the conflicting table, but keep in mind there may be other changes present from vanilla which serve some purpose. Merging can be a pain

Anyway, all of this assumes you have another mod which is overriding the intended change for the officer's equipment. Hope that helps.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Hi Tiyafeh!

First, let me say I really enjoy your mod; I play APE:TI and some of the changes are packaged in there, and they make me feel like my troops are more disciplined than ever!

I do have one suggestion though: Currently, Russian Line Infantry still use the old marching animations for undisciplined infantry, which actually makes them look more aloof and more undisciplined than even European militiamen. I thought it would be great if you switched the Russian Line back to the vanilla Line infantry marching animations; that way, they all carried their muskets upright, but still with a sense of "sloppiness" to it. I think that would better represent Russian Line Infantry, as they are undisciplined troops, but they are also professional troops, and should be showing more discipline than skirmishers and militia :

I doubt that a Russian infantryman was any less disciplined than his Western European counterpart. I think the image of an ill-disciplined Russian soldier has more to do (by the 18th century, at least) with stereotypes and less with historical reality.
    Probably the best animations would be the ones the regular line infantrymen use.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiyafeh View Post
    I doubt that a Russian infantryman was any less disciplined than his Western European counterpart. I think the image of an ill-disciplined Russian soldier has more to do (by the 18th century, at least) with stereotypes and less with historical reality.
    Probably the best animations would be the ones the regular line infantrymen use.
    Hey, that works too! I just dislike how completely unorganized and sloppy they always looked in vanilla. If you give them the properly-disciplined march order I'm all for that

You would have to discuss that with the ape team as the animation is in the db files and if tiya did that, he'd have to make it ape compatiable. I've done myself actually, all you have to do is change poorly_trained to trained. I too hated having my russians march all sloppy, this is the time of Peter the great, his men weren't that sloppy

I am not sure if this is related to this mod or not, but...

Whenever I use Long Rifle Men (American), they die funny. Bodies in mid air, or in middle of battle stance. Guns hang in air, swords hang in air. It's weird when I try to click on some men only to find they are corpses.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    I am not sure if this is related to this mod or not, but...

Whenever I use Long Rifle Men (American), they die funny. Bodies in mid air, or in middle of battle stance. Guns hang in air, swords hang in air. It's weird when I try to click on some men only to find they are corpses.
    Do you have the updated version of the mod?
    I'm aware that the problem existed in the first version, but I was sure I'd fixed it.

Alright. I will update APETI with your version. APETI has not incorporated half of the latest updates of the other mods. Thanks.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

WOW!!!! Your mod is so original and so nice + rep to you sir!!

Update!
    I apologise for the long wait, but I finally got to making those promised lancer animations (which will probably be of use for NTW as well if CA haven't changed their lancer animations). Enjoy!

most impressive, happy to see back in action

Thanks.
    However, I seem to lack inspiration when it comes to further modifications, so any suggestions are welcome.