Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Some Animation Mods (and some other things)

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Some Animation Mods

Quote Originally Posted by tiyafeh View Post
    Added a few more things to the first post
    Thanks for the updates mate - cheers +REP
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Thanks for Updating
    +rep
    greetings

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Thanks, I'll check it out. What about my other question? How to make sure the mod really does work?
    First of all, if ETW doesn't crash that means there are no major problems with the mod.
    Then, just load any battle and check if any of the changes listed are visible.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

"Any" are visible, but I'd rather call it "some". For instance I can see the militia holding their musket both over the shoulder and with two hands horizontally while walking. However I don't see line infantry to to march in lock-step.

I also couldn't find a unit which uses muskets for ranged attacks and a sword in melee (the only one that comes to mind are the miltia units of the early RtI-campaign). Maybe you can name a unit so I may test it in custom battle.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Oh yes and of course the thing with the spyglass works perfectly, but that's a seperate mod. It's the animation_mod.pack that doesn't seem to function correctly, at last I think so. Just in case, this is my mod load order:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see I use the smoke mod, in addition with the no trail mod, after that comes the no backpacks mod and a mod that changes ship colors to more historical correct ones. I think none of these should interfer with your mods.

Do you see any possible problems with the load order? Am I missing an essential part?
    Last edited by GODzilla; August 20, 2009 at 06:27 PM.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

I also couldn't find a unit which uses muskets for ranged attacks and a sword in melee (the only one that comes to mind are the miltia units of the early RtI-campaign). Maybe you can name a unit so I may test it in custom battle.
    Long-rifles, pandours, cossack infantry...

"Any" are visible, but I'd rather call it "some". For instance I can see the militia holding their musket both over the shoulder and with two hands horizontally while walking. However I don't see line infantry to to march in lock-step.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Oh yes and of course the thing with the spyglass works perfectly, but that's a seperate mod. It's the animation_mod.pack that doesn't seem to function correctly, at last I think so. Just in case, this is my mod load order:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see I use the smoke mod, in addition with the no trail mod, after that comes the no backpacks mod and a mod that changes ship colors to more historical correct ones. I think none of these should interfer with your mods.

Do you see any possible problems with the load order? Am I missing an essential part?
    Try re-downloading the mod, just in case. As I said, I don't understand why the militia animations work but the line infantry animations don't, because both are in the same text file.
    Oh, just to make sure you didn't misunderstand, the infantry only hold the musket all in the same way, they don't actually keep perfect step while marching.

By the way, I also use some personally modified versions of most of these mods.

Quote Originally Posted by tiyafeh View Post
    Oh, just to make sure you didn't misunderstand, the infantry only hold the musket all in the same way, they don't actually keep perfect step while marching.
    Ahhh...that's it. That was the mistake, I thought they would all walk like "one man". Yes, indeed, with your mod they're all holding the rifles the same way (I never noticed they didn't in vanilla). Thanks.

I'll try out the suggested units tomorrow, but seeing that militia and line infantry works I think this'll work, too.

PS: Tested today, everything's working as intended. I hereby declare your mod as being essential for the full battle experience with ETW, together with the smoke mod, the no backpack mod and the fixed/replaced hats mod.
    Last edited by GODzilla; August 22, 2009 at 09:26 AM.
    GODzilla(TM)

Using your "animation_mod.pack" I think I noticed a crash bug and was able to reproduce it every time. First I made sure that only the "animation_mod.pack" was ticked in the mod manager and none of your other animation mod files.

Then I created a custom battle: Standard map, no adjustments to time of day or anything else, "late" technology. I chose "line infantry" for Austria against "line infantry" england.

On the battle map I started the battle and let my unit attack the enemy (clicked on them). First I let them march, then run, then stop. The rest of the time I just waited for the english to come in range, my men where idling around and I watched them from this perspective:

In the moment they were lowering their weapons trying to aim the game crashes with the standard windows failure message "Empire Total War has caused and error..."

It does not crash when your mod is deactivated. I tested it four times and followed the procedure as described above every time.

Could you look into it please? Thanks in advance.
    GODzilla(TM)

Hi tiyafeh: please, do you might change the officers walk animation to a more one human?
    Regards

BritPatriot1815's Avatar Ducenarius
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

Any plans for animation changes, maybe change the way infantry hold their muskets rather than the stupidly high bayonets or just make the "lower" down bayonets occur more offen
    How far will I go for Rome? At least to the end of the street, I hate walking

what mods do i need to make that telescope mod work? because its not doing anything.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

Telescopes don't show up for me either,the animations there but no scope.
    I've got the officer animations mod and the telescope mod installed.Is this all I need?

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIEHUNTZ View Post
    Telescopes don't show up for me either,the animations there but no scope.
    I've got the officer animations mod and the telescope mod installed.Is this all I need?
    Normally that should suffice. I also made sure the telescope file is loaded before the animation...just in case. You could try if it makes a difference.
    GODzilla(TM)

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Another request: is it possible to make dragoons use their swords in melee when dismounted? It's something that really bugs me
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Hey all, I just returned from a week in China (very interesting for anyone who hasn't been there before). I see some new issues have come up...

Using your "animation_mod.pack" I think I noticed a crash bug and was able to reproduce it every time. First I made sure that only the "animation_mod.pack" was ticked in the mod manager and none of your other animation mod files.

Then I created a custom battle: Standard map, no adjustments to time of day or anything else, "late" technology. I chose "line infantry" for Austria against "line infantry" england.

On the battle map I started the battle and let my unit attack the enemy (clicked on them). First I let them march, then run, then stop. The rest of the time I just waited for the english to come in range, my men where idling around and I watched them from this perspective:

In the moment they were lowering their weapons trying to aim the game crashes with the standard windows failure message "Empire Total War has caused and error..."

It does not crash when your mod is deactivated. I tested it four times and followed the procedure as described above every time.

Could you look into it please? Thanks in advance.
    I'll look into it. So far nothing is obviously wrong.
    Could you let me know which version you're using and when you downloaded it? Perhaps a newer version will fix this...

Quote Originally Posted by HGuderian View Post
    Hi tiyafeh: please, do you might change the officers walk animation to a more one human?
    Regards
    Didn't you know about 80% of officers at the time were hunchbacks?
    Just kidding - it should be easy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by BritPatriot1815 View Post
    Any plans for animation changes, maybe change the way infantry hold their muskets rather than the stupidly high bayonets or just make the "lower" down bayonets occur more offen
    I assume you mean making them advance with the musket levelled at waist height, instead of shouldered vertically?

Normally that should suffice. I also made sure the telescope file is loaded before the animation...just in case. You could try if it makes a difference.
    This.
    Maybe you could also try to re-download the files if it still doesn't work. I updated it just before I left.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

soldiers were taught to charge with their bayonets up that high.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

And another request: could the pikemen animation be changed so they actually use their pikes in melee? Right now they always switch to swords, which makes them essentially useless.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Excellent mod! Really adds to the game.

I was wondering if you had planned on messing with the loading animations, to make everyone do it properly? That whole ramming the charge up and down for 20 seconds is silly, and incorrect...

Default Re: Some Animation Mods (and some other things)

Added retextures of two Spanish units

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good job mate!

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the firing animation of the irregular troops (those with mob formation, which donīt march in proper ranks) so that instead of firing while standing, they kneel to fire, like the troops with light infantry doctrine active do.

I ask this because it is a bit strange to see them taking shots standing, irl they would have try to take some cover and not stand there like line infantry do. Then the light infantry doctrine could be changed so that the troops prone instead of kneel, i remember seeing screesn that it was somehow possible to reintroduce it ingame. I know it would involve a lot of work, so np if you donīt like the idea.

Great work so far with those animations