Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Some Animation Mods (and some other things)

Default Re: Some Animation Mods

I've just realized i haven't posted here yet +rep

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Omg make prone animations.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

The patch don't work for me for some reason Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Cool tweaks

Btw., do your animation-changes fire only if it is done in patch-format?

And another question: Would you have joy to join a dev team that works on a mod that increases realism, historicity and changes the gameplay? Our Empire Realism project would need somebody with your skills.
    Just in case pm me
    It should work in mod format as well, I simply had it done in patch format already and didn't see any point in changing it.
    Regarding the Empire Realism project, feel free to use anything you want. I'll add this to the first post so people won't have to ask me for permission every time.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHIEIKE View Post
    I've just realized i haven't posted here yet +rep
    Better late than never!

Quote Originally Posted by stefaneke View Post
    Omg make prone animations.
    There's a prone mod already out, if I find it I'll post the link.
    EDIT: Found it, here it is, somewhere near the end of page 1:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=243644
    Last edited by tiyafeh; August 04, 2009 at 01:35 PM.

Double post

a little request mate could you make the traineduntrained infantry animation separate please for those who don't like their men charging with a combination of swords and bayonets. I find it odd that my men are charging with that combo...for goodness sake they're regulars, where's their pride in the bayonet.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    a little request mate could you make the traineduntrained infantry animation separate please for those who don't like their men charging with a combination of swords and bayonets. I find it odd that my men are charging with that combo...for goodness sake they're regulars, where's their pride in the bayonet.
    It doesn't affect all line infantry. Just units that originally used both muskets and swords.
    The regular infantrymen still use bayonets, and what I changed for them was just the marching animations. Just try a custom battle and see how your line infantrymen fight in melee.
    The charging infantrymen in the screenshot are Hungarians, who did historically use both.

oh I see, I'll try it out then

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by tiyafeh View Post
    I've been trying to get mounted musicians to actually play their instruments, but so far that's only partially working.
    For some reason ... what the mounted bugler looks like when the animations do work:
    Seems there is no animation for ride a horse. Can you post the lines? Maybe we can help you.

Good job
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Great work mate!
    +rep and sincere greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    Seems there is no animation for ride a horse. Can you post the lines? Maybe we can help you.

Good job
    These are the only lines I added:
    RIDER_PLAY_INSTRUMENT filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSICIAN/BUGLE/Bugle.anim",
    RIDER_PLAY_INSTRUMENT_TO_STAND filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSICIAN/BUGLE/Bugle_to_ART.anim",
    RIDER_STAND_TO_PLAY_INSTRUMENT filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSICIAN/BUGLE/ART_to_Bugle.anim",

This part works properly, as you can see in the screens, but they use this animation set only when the unit is firing. When I tried to use the same animation files to replace the standard trotting animations, they started walking on foot behind the horse.

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Your sub-directories within the pack file includes and "ETW" folder, this means that the mod (at least for me, likely others) does not work. I have subsequently altered the file, removing said directory, and it is now working. Altered file is included in this post, it requires mod manager for use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    Your sub-directories within the pack file includes and "ETW" folder, this means that the mod (at least for me, likely others) does not work. I have subsequently altered the file, removing said directory, and it is now working. Altered file is included in this post, it requires mod manager for use.
    Silly me.
    Replacing my original download on the front page with this one.

EDIT: Replaced. Thanks, Nordmann. +rep
    Last edited by tiyafeh; August 05, 2009 at 06:06 PM.

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

Very nice mod, now when it's working
    +rep to maker and fixer
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

Downloaded it a while ago and forgot to thank you lol... thanks for this mod mate +REP
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Silly me.
    Replacing my original download on the front page with this one.

EDIT: Replaced. Thanks, Nordmann. +rep
    No problem mate, it was good practice anyway, may prove useful in the future. Thanks for the rep, you will be receiving some in return. I should have commended you earlier, nevertheless this is an excellent mod, keep up the good work.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

These are the only lines I added:
    RIDER_PLAY_INSTRUMENT filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSICIAN/BUGLE/Bugle.anim",
    RIDER_PLAY_INSTRUMENT_TO_STAND filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSICIAN/BUGLE/Bugle_to_ART.anim",
    RIDER_STAND_TO_PLAY_INSTRUMENT filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSICIAN/BUGLE/ART_to_Bugle.anim",

This part works properly, as you can see in the screens, but they use this animation set only when the unit is firing. When I tried to use the same animation files to replace the standard trotting animations, they started walking on foot behind the horse.
    Seems to be a bigger problem. Thats surely the reason CA don't get it before release and don't fix it in any patch.

I don't have a pc at the moment, so I can't look at it, but maybe at the weekend.

Good work. Go on.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

I just used this mod & I must say that I am very impressed, I love the way that the line infantry now ALL shoulder their muskets, makes a unit seem more professional, if they are trained it reflects on the units in-game.

very well done to you tiyafeh

I would love to see some more mate + REP
    Last edited by plissken3; August 06, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

ya it works now! don't suppose you'll give our cavalrymen pistols while you're at it?

Oh you have no idea how much the lack of simultaneousness in marching bothered me lol. I mean what are the drummers there for

Thanks a lot, another step towards perfection, and a simultaneous one thanks to you