Thread: Start Campaign problem

Default Start Campaign problem

Hi, when I start a campaign with any faction, i get a ctd unspecified error thing. I installed to the exact instructions.
    I looked at my Westeros/data/world/campaign/imperial_campaign folder and it was missing files such as map_sicily.tga etc. All of them except for disasters.tga, radar_map1.tga and radar_map2.tga

Can someone tell me if those files are meant to be missing since its a beta version and how can I get past the ctd

thanks

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Start Campaign problem

The map_faction_name files are the faction maps that are dislpayed when you choose your faction.
    The vc_map and vcs_map files are for the map in game for the victory conditions for the long game (vc) and the short game (vcs)
    They are not required for game play, just eye candy
    radar_map(s) are eye candy and not required for the running of the game
    disasters.tga is a dinosaur from RTW and has no function in medieval2 or kingdoms

The imperial_campaign folder only requires the text files for the mod to work

Summary: your fault lies somewhere else. Did you check your log?

thanks for that gigantus, this is my log-ive checked it a few times and its the same
    my other mods work, im not missing any portrait files and im on vista

17:04:22.105 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1625: caching directory: mods/westeros/data/ui/custom_portraits/gregor
    17:04:22.115 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2807: caching file: mods/westeros/data/ui/custom_portraits/gregor/portrait_dead.tga (1207225978)
    17:04:22.115 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2808: caching file: mods/westeros/data/ui/custom_portraits/gregor/portrait_old.tga (1207225966)
    17:04:22.115 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2809: caching file: mods/westeros/data/ui/custom_portraits/gregor/portrait_young.tga (1207225936)
    17:04:22.115 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Westeros/data/ui/custom_portraits/gregor/portrait_young.tga (from: E:\MTW2)
    17:04:22.116 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Westeros/data/ui/custom_portraits/gregor/portrait_young.tga (from: E:\MTW2)
    17:04:22.116 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Westeros/data/ui/custom_portraits/gregor/portrait_young.tga (from: E:\MTW2)
    17:04:23.385 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

that was the last few lines of my log

Blog Entries

You seem to be playing from a different drive. Did yo have problems like that before?

ive had it only once before with an old mod for mtw2 not kingdoms
    im playing from e drive
    the problem is, i hav around 5-7GB left on cdrive and my total mtw2 folder is 26GB

Blog Entries

No idea what it could be, honestly. Maybe the download got corrupted.
    If you got the time, download again and re-install (after removing the original mod)

ive re-installed it before
    thanks for trying to help