Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You deceitful bastards...

Default You deceitful bastards...

You made Xerxes invulnerable at Thermopylae, didn't you?

I say this because I killed every living Persian except him, and then he slew Leonidas and the 31 remaining Spartans.

Why would you do such a cruel thing...

I was all ready to congratulate myself, too.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Default Re: You deceitful bastards...

He's a God, actually...

Nah, he's not, we just hate to see people winning, you know....

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

''The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed''.

Killing him on the other hand was rather more difficult.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Killing him on the other hand was rather more difficult.
    I'm going to start a fresh campaign devoted specifically to killing Xerxes! Somebody give me instructions on how to add 18 units of all gold Spartan Hippeis to Leonidas' army!!! :sparta:

oh man that was not fair i thought i had the perfect plan by standing at the corner of the map and letting them all die stupid xerxes took out over 40 of my guys single handedly though i have to hand it to you this is a mighty fine mod

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I had no problem killing him later. I caught him in Iamphorynna. He took down half my bodyguard unit before a Dakes Misthophoroi hacked him in two.

Blog Entries

Dakes Misthophoroi
    Eddie Vedder circa 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    He's a God, actually...

Nah, he's not, we just hate to see people winning, you know....

No, I thought there was a love triangle between him and Leonides. (this makes as much sense as the movie itself)

How can you kill the one you love?

Picture:
    http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/20..._470x248,0.jpg

i managed to kill him but i not remeber how i only remeber that leonidas a xerxes died o_O

ARRIBA LA CELESTE!!

Xerxes is also a complete coward. The best I have managed thus far at Thermopylae is to kill about half the Persian army, and Xerxes bodyguard almost always waits on the edge of the battle, only joining when it is just Leonidas left.
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

The battle was easy; line the Spartans in an inverted V in the corner of the map, watch as Persians die. But Xerxes killed 71 hoplites...

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

♔Gollum♔'s Avatar Decanus

REMOVED.

HS.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 09, 2009 at 11:57 AM.

And you shall receive it.

Game of the Fates

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    i fixed this:
    put this file in 300WOS\data\scripts\show_me
    rep will be nice
    I'm guessing this is a Xerxes fix. Hmm, I'm going to think about this while I'm eating my dinner, Xerxes is not supposed to die other wise we'd have left him unprotected. The Spartans are not supposed to win, it kind of spoils the immersion factor.

I'm not sure I understand the burning desire to change what we put out when no one has yet completed the campaign we worked so long to produce.

Just play the mod as intended.

Edit: Actually and you didn't ask if you could release an alteration to the mod it will be removed.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 09, 2009 at 03:56 PM.

♔Gollum♔'s Avatar Decanus

persoly i dont understand what is the big deal, i havent moded your mod, i just fixed a annoying "bug". so the player can choose if he whant to play in the movie stayl or change it.

p.s: thanx Antiochos VII Sidetes!

Yeah the Spartans really shouldn't win at Thermopylae. It was their ultimate sacrifice, and what they will always be remembered for. Yeah I know its only a game by the way, lol. But to me, the Spartans winning it, just ruins the atmosphere and the circumstances of the whole time period in which the mod is set. And to be sure the Spartans don't win, Xerxes has to be invincible. And besides killing a God-King should be no easy task .

But... saying all that, I won Thermopylae by the battle time limit, and carried on with the campaign regardless. And to be honest it has really annoyed me that I did. But I am too far gone in my campaign to go back and play it properly .

Great mod thanks, Halie Satanus .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    persoly i dont understand what is the big deal, i havent moded your mod, i just fixed a annoying "bug". so the player can choose if he whant to play in the movie stayl or change it.

p.s: thanx Antiochos VII Sidetes!
    The fact you see it as a ''bug'' is what bugs me.

Here's a deal for you, when you post an image of you completing the campaign as it was released then you can post your fix.

Yeah the Spartans really shouldn't win at Thermopylae. It was their ultimate sacrifice, and what they will always be remembered for. Yeah I know its only a game by the way, lol. But to me, the Spartans winning it, just ruins the atmosphere and the circumstances of the whole time period in which the mod is set. And to be sure the Spartans don't win, Xerxes has to be invincible. And besides killing a God-King should be no easy task .

But... saying all that, I won Thermopylae by the battle time limit, and carried on with the campaign regardless. And to be honest it has really annoyed me that I did. But I am too far gone in my campaign to go back and play it properly .

Great mod thanks, Halie Satanus .
    Your most welcome.

Indefinitely Banned

Poor Leonidas

A shame he has to die, but for a mod based on 300 he has to, and you can't have Xerxes dying at the beginning lol, no sense of vengeance playing the campaign if Leonidas lives and Xerxes dies. Great mod though, love the map and units and everything, the missions themselves are great fun, I really like how they are delivered via the Oracle

A valid point. I really don't care; it'd be rather anticlimactic if the God-King died on the first turn. Mod's fun, regardless.

Game of the Fates

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast