Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TODO for next version (v2.6)

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: TODO for next version (v2.6)

Not that many after 280, though. It was under Ptolemaic control, then Seleucid control, then Hasmodean control. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ptoleys never regained Judaea after they lost it, did they?
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

who ever said that i was referrancing to the ancients. *coughcrusederscoughsaladincoughcough*

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ptoleys never regained Judaea after they lost it, did they?
    Wasn`t it in the whole lot Marcus Antonius gave to Cleopatra and their children?

EDIT: Of course, your statement is true in itself come to think of it and covers all angles since you didn`t specify which of the times you meant. After they lost it for the last time for example, they never got it back.
    Last edited by florin80; September 08, 2009 at 07:53 PM.

The Crusaders were pretty pathetic, the only Crusade that worked was the First one, the Second was wiped out, the Third only reached Acre and the Fourth ended up sacking Constantinople...
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    The Crusaders were pretty pathetic, the only Crusade that worked was the First one, the Second was wiped out, the Third only reached Acre and the Fourth ended up sacking Constantinople...
    I agree.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

update: I decided to make mauryans and saka unplayable, although people can still play them by simply editing descr_strat.txt. Both factions are being scripted to add some challenges to Bactrians and Seleucid.

Seleucids get more challenges?!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    Seleucids get more challenges?!
    invasion by the mighty Mauryan empire

So it's Parthians from north-east, Mauryans from east, Pontus from north-west, Ptolemaics from south. The role of the Pergamon Kingdom is still undecided... There are some issues with mauryan/saka/bactria in the east now, so the mauryan invasion may not be as strong as the Ptolemaic one....
    Last edited by AqD; September 09, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

In that case, you really have to give them proper farms etc. Or they'll simply collapse.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

yes of course, and they will begin with huge or large cities. Unlimited manpower + unlimited money

But now they're being pwned by bactrians in my campaign test.......

Good, good.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Updated new units:

From left to right:
    1. Kelto-Hellenikoi Xystophoroi (Seleucid)
    2. Armenioi Eugeneis Pelekephoroi (Parthia)
    3. Armenioi Eugeneis Pelekephoroi (AOR; Armenia)
    4. Sarmatai Kontophoroi Hippeis (AOR; Sarmatia)
    5. Hurkanioi Toxotai (AOR; Parthia)
    6. Sakai Eugeneis Hippeis (AOR; Saka)
    7. Sakai Kataphraktoi (Saka), which I completed last night

The rightmost one is Saka general bodyguards, and the only cataphract archer unit in the mod (to boost melee capability). Saka will be made unplayable for sure and the unit will receive size bonus

Progress will be stopped until I finish helping another mod. There will be a Pergamon unit roster and Indo-Greeks.
    Last edited by AqD; September 12, 2009 at 02:56 AM.

Iulianus Apostata's Avatar CRVORE CONTRA AVRVM

Hi Adq,
    I have made a new mini-patch for Rome Total Realism ,that can be partially applied to your mod.This mini-patch was maded for RTR 1.9,but you can examiine this .The points 1) and 4) of my patch are very important for being applied to your mod.

The mini-mod adds the following things:

1) Now all factions units recruitment,(no more only the AOR units), is regulated by AOR.I have added a lot of new hidden_resources.
    Now the pre-marian roman units are reclutable only in Italy(from Etruria to Calabria).The post-marian EQUITES ALARES are recltuatble only in particular areas,(no more in Italy).
    The post-marian legionary cohorts are reclutable in Italy ,(from Calabria to Cisalpine gaul,Venetia,Liguria and Histria).

2)Put off the marian reform with a stratagem.Now the marian reform will happen more late,(i hope it will happen around 107 a.c.).

3)Added the "Marcus Camillus' 4tpy Mod v1.9.6".

4)Added new starting territories to Romans and Carthaginians .Now the Roman faction will start ,besides Latium,Picenum and Campania,also with Lucania,Samnium,Etruria and Umbria,(according to the historic situation in 280 a.c.).
    The Carthaginian faction will also start with Mauretania and Numidia occidentis.

5)Reclutable generals.

6)Reintegrated some siege machines:the onagers,(for Romans), and catapults,(for the other factions).

7)Improved some animations.

8)The patch also contains the CTD fixes version 2.

Link for download:

http://www.filefront.com/14039211/RTR_patch.rar
    "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" - Horatius

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Iulianus Apostata View Post
    Hi Adq,
    I have made a new mini-patch for Rome Total Realism ,that can be partially applied to your mod.This mini-patch was maded for RTR 1.9,but you can examiine this .The points 1) and 4) of my patch are very important for being applied to your mod.

The mini-mod adds the following things:

1) Now all factions units recruitment,(no more only the AOR units), is regulated by AOR.I have added a lot of new hidden_resources.
    Now the pre-marian roman units are reclutable only in Italy(from Etruria to Calabria).The post-marian EQUITES ALARES are recltuatble only in particular areas,(no more in Italy).
    The post-marian legionary cohorts are reclutable in Italy ,(from Calabria to Cisalpine gaul,Venetia,Liguria and Histria).
    The AOR in my mod has been re-organized, with ordinary AORs and special AORs crossing large regions. And unit recruitment areas are also re-calculated. Most units are no longer universally recruitable And there are a lot of eastern units, so modifications based on RTRPE wouldn't be suitable

2)Put off the marian reform with a stratagem.Now the marian reform will happen more late,(i hope it will happen around 107 a.c.).
    What's a stratagem?? I hope to make it happen sooner though, probably at 240 or 250BC, otherwise most players would just get bored and quit the campaign.....

3)Added the "Marcus Camillus' 4tpy Mod v1.9.6".
    already included

4)Added new starting territories to Romans and Carthaginians .Now the Roman faction will start ,besides Latium,Picenum and Campania,also with Lucania,Samnium,Etruria and Umbria,(according to the historic situation in 280 a.c.).
    The Carthaginian faction will also start with Mauretania and Numidia occidentis.
    oh that should help resolving Roman balance issue, thanks

5)Reclutable generals.
    already done. Recruitable governors with no fight capability...

6)Reintegrated some siege machines:the onagers,(for Romans), and catapults,(for the other factions).
    I have included them all in my mod, but in next version most non-Roman factions will get only ballista. I read the onager is a roman invention and catapults of other factions should serve the same purpose as ballista

7)Improved some animations.
    ummm... Could you list the details?

Iulianus Apostata's Avatar CRVORE CONTRA AVRVM

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

uhmmm... Could you list the details?[/QUOTE]

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I don't remember the detalis,but i think the animations are not very important.You already have good animations in your mod.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

What's a stratagem?? I hope to make it happen sooner though, probably at 240 or 250BC, otherwise most players would just get bored and quit the campaign.....

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I have modified the "descr_regions" file ,( Data/worlds/maps/base/descr_regions ),and assigned the hidden_resource "italy" to more italian regions.In this way ,the player will take more time to lead all the italian cities with resource "italy" to huge level ,and the marian reform will happen more late.
    Last edited by Iulianus Apostata; September 12, 2009 at 06:20 AM.
    "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" - Horatius

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    Updated new units:

From left to right:
    1. Kelto-Hellenikoi Xystophoroi (Seleucid)
    2. Armenioi Eugeneis Pelekephoroi (Parthia)
    3. Armenioi Eugeneis Pelekephoroi (AOR; Armenia)
    4. Sarmatai Kontophoroi Hippeis (AOR; Sarmatia)
    5. Hurkanioi Toxotai (AOR; Parthia)
    6. Sakai Eugeneis Hippeis (AOR; Saka)
    7. Sakai Kataphraktoi (Saka), which I completed last night

The rightmost one is Saka general bodyguards, and the only cataphract archer unit in the mod (to boost melee capability). Saka will be made unplayable for sure and the unit will receive size bonus

Progress will be stopped until I finish helping another mod. There will be a Pergamon unit roster and Indo-Greeks.
    Wow excellent units mate.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I have modified the "descr_regions" file ,( Data/worlds/maps/base/descr_regions ),and assigned the hidden_resource "italy" to more italian regions.In this way ,the player will take more time to lead all the italian cities with resource "italy" to huge level ,and the marian reform will happen more late.
    ummm doesn't it mean "any" of italy regions, rather than "all" of italy regions? Have you confirmed the effect?

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    Progress will be stopped until I finish helping another mod.
    Which mod, if I may ask?

Nice units BTW
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

M2TW 1405 mod