Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: TODO for next version (v2.6)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: TODO for next version (v2.6)

@inquisitor: some barbarians are better than others! such as Iberians and Dacians. Tthe deciding factors are easy to see: battle formations, weapons, armours and cavalry, but ancient Britons lacked all of them. They may be a good challenge for human players, but to AI factions they'd be completely hopeless, even worse than the current germans and numidians, who were no less unimportant in the time-frame.

In 2rd and 3nd century BC it's still the mid roman republic, not caesar's era or imperial rome - I hope I can correct all of these in next version ("correct" parthians are finished, BTW). It's also the reason that I haven't decided to add Dacians back or not, because every sources come from Caesar's and Trajan's era.
    Last edited by AqD; October 19, 2009 at 10:23 AM.

I hope you will consider even doing a Caesar and Imperial era mod.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Erm, well ignoring a certain post from a certain memeber here, yes, actually, merging the Greeks with Pergamon would work, though it would be better if you made it certain what they are meant to represent (for example: Sparta (or Achaeans) + Athens (or Aitolians) + Rhodos + Pergamon + Bosporans + Syracuse + Massalia perhaps as opposed to nearly all the cities in Greece). At the moment, they seem to be a large united anti-Macedonian movement, whilst in reality there was no such thing.

About the barbarians: I would suggest the Belgae or what is known as a (barbarian) superfaction (not to be confused with the Senate in Vanilla!). The barb superfaction would basically be all the major tribes which weren't quite major enough to get in, and would be spread around the map. And example would be the Lusitani (whith the Celtiberi as the major Iberian faction), the Belgae (with the Arverni/Aedui or someone as the major Gallic faction), the Marcomanni (with the Suebi, Cherusci or Cimbri as the major German faction), the Illyrians, the Galatians, perhaps the Transalpine Gauls, and perhaps the Bastarnae in the eastern Balkans. Perhaps even the Britons! As you can see, they are all spread out, and my tests show that with a setup such as this each branch of the faction won't support the other branches, but will however train units and attack other regions.

The only drawback is the fact that they will have to have a single general unit and a generalised pool of names (so you may encounter Arminius in Asia Minor!). However, I don't think this is a too major drawback compared with the benifits. To make sure Galatian swordsmen don't appear in Iberia, you can make the recruitment of each kind of unit AoR dependant. Since superfactions don't expand much, this shouldn't be a problem.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Well, if Pergamon isnt possible, then Pergamo-greek alliance wouldnt be bad. Bit i do prefer just pergamon, because The Pergamines were able to recruit phrygian, lydian, etc etc such units.hmm, I just REALLY like Pergamon. I also really like your idea of Pergamon javing Nicomedia and having a small semi-thracian unti roster.

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    Please mind your language guys
    Yeah srry about that..i had to respond to a post,i could not restrain myself,it will not happen again(i will do/try my best)

@Aqd...i didn't meant the britons,i was global speaking....the britons are not really interesting(except there looks).
    What i mean is....i get the feeling that the barbarians are lagging behind,and when someone brings it up like MPCU and me...our heads get drilled...by others....you know what i mean.

Weird thing is every culture got pawned by barbarians one way or the other
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

I have to agree that Pergamon, if implemented well (as aqd would do, of course ) is one of the best factions gameplay-wise. It also brings more balance to Anatolia. Adding Pergamon to the Greeks wouldn't make such a good effect.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    What i mean is....i get the feeling that the barbarians are lagging behind,and when someone brings it up like MPCU and me...our heads get drilled...by others....you know what i mean.
    No, I don't. I have suggested barbarians, and no one has insulted me. I was arguing against the Britons, not the barbarians, and there really isn't any reason for adding them (restraining my patriotic self ).

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    Weird thing is every culture got pawned by barbarians one way or the other
    If you look closely... considering everyone called everyone else barbarians, it would have been hard not to

But the barbarians got pawned by so-called civilised people just as often...
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

No, I don't. I have suggested barbarians, and no one has insulted me. I was arguing against the Britons, not the barbarians, and there really isn't any reason for adding them (restraining my patriotic self ).
    Ehm...lol....there is a misunderstanding....i was global speaking(about barbarians).....you are totally right about the britons.They only have cool looks(IMO)
    What i meant...the last couple of months every time someone(i for one) mentioned barbarians....then a small broke out...sort of speaking.

If you look closely... considering everyone called everyone else barbarians, it would have been hard not to
    On the moment i wrote that post...i knew that i would get a respons like that

But the barbarians got pawned by so-called civilised people just as often...[/QUOTE]
    Like i said...one way or the other... the only difference is that the barbarians assimilated the civilised culture most of the times..and became civilised themself
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Laetus

hi ! any news about 2.6 version?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I'll resume work on it this weekend.. The release date is set to next year, after RS2, which I'll play and see what ideas to borrow

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    I'll resume work on it this weekend.. The release date is set to next year, after RS2, which I'll play and see what ideas to borrow

fantastic !!
    Upon release , I shall buy you a drink

Laetus

great news so i continue playing 2.5

I think all of you will find that not only did the "barbarians" pawn the "civilised" people, but the "civilised" people pawned the "barbarians" too, and as a result of that, I think that there should be equal numbers of "barbarian" and "civilised" factions... or perhaps a few more "civilised" ones to make for a more diverse game (I might want to play barbarians, but the Greeks, Phoenicians, Romans and so on were more creative in their warfare ). But the point still stands, we need more barbarians to balance Northern Europe!

(This is MPCU with a new name.)
    Last edited by Sir Walter; February 20, 2010 at 06:03 AM.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

The 'subject' seems not actual anymore. But I hope somebody will read this and share some information with me. I was just wondering if the mode is out or will be (or never be)? People ask, why would someone play the first Rome, when the Rome II is released... Well, I still like the first Realism. With hope that my message will not be kept here forever unreplied and that the RTR v2.6 will be released in soonest future... I thank you for RTR v2.5

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789