Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Default Re: Formula 1

The Renault investigation sounds like complete BS to me.

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrak View Post
    The Renault investigation sounds like complete BS to me.
    I agree.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Not to me it doesn't.

Why would the FIA want to punish manufactory teams (or whatever you term them) like Renault or Toyota after Honda left, and now BMW are leaving. Surely they'd want to retain them, and putting them off in this way isn't going to help if Renault management were toying with the idea of leaving the sport.

If it is true, its definetly only come to light because of a disgruntled Piquet confessing to stick some dirt on Flavio. Nothing else. Still, innocent until proven guilty.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

thats why its BS... why would they want to punish them if they want them to stay?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Not to me it doesn't.

Why would the FIA want to punish manufactory teams (or whatever you term them) like Renault or Toyota after Honda left, and now BMW are leaving. Surely they'd want to retain them, and putting them off in this way isn't going to help if Renault management were toying with the idea of leaving the sport.

If it is true, its definetly only come to light because of a disgruntled Piquet confessing to stick some dirt on Flavio. Nothing else. Still, innocent until proven guilty.
    They're probably going to lose Toyota too.

thats why its BS... why would they want to punish them if they want them to stay?
    That's my point. If there was bias, then they'd (reluctantly or not) leave it and appease Renault to avoid giving them a reason to leave. By chasing it up, it suggests there's enough evidence that this simply cannot be ignored. Perhaps Piquet threatened that if no action were taken, he'd go to the press with this. Thus, it would come to public light anyway, but then refusing to punish Renault would immensly tarnish the sport's reputation.

Lord Consul's Avatar Armchair intellectual

Default Re: Michael Schumacher returns to F1

Quote Originally Posted by Armfelt View Post
    Modern F1 is rubbish, bring back Villeneuve, Häkkinen, Coulthard, Schumacher and the lot!
    Your forgot the greatest.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Proud Client of Obi Wan Asterix

Patrician

Looks like Force India wasnt a fluke and is competitive now. 2nd and 5th in qualifying.

Depends. The supposed explanation of why they're at the front was because since Monza and Spa are high speed, low downforce circuits. FI are used to not having as much downforce, and because of the lack of testing, they have more experience with the set ups for these tracks than other teams. That, and they still have a mighty Mercedes engine in there, as can be shown by the good performances in Monza of the McLarens and Brawns.

I don't expect them to be filling up the backrow anymore (that looks like Torro Rosso's place for the moment), but I don't expect them to make it into Q3 come Singapore.

Patrician

Very interesting race. Good job to Barrichello. It seems like Force India really likes to stick to Raikonnens ass all race again. Interesting final lap crash by Hamilton.

Im rooting for Barrichello with the championship at the moment.

I hope Barichello wins it also, despite the fact that Button is my fellow countryman. I just find him a bit whingy and think Barichello is overall a better driver. But, whoever ends with the most points deserves it.

Seems a rather daft crash by Hamilton though. Looks like he just dropped his rear left on the grass slightly and lost it. Rather a novice mistake.

Roman_Wolf's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos View Post
    Im rooting for Barrichello with the championship at the moment.
    Hopefully Barrichello will win this year. He's always been "never the bride but always the brides mate" in a sort of way. He is a really good driver and deserves to finally get his chance at glory.
    Love is the most powerful thing on Earth, unless you have access to weaponry.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

I hope Barichello wins it also, despite the fact that Button is my fellow countryman. I just find him a bit whingy and think Barichello is overall a better driver. But, whoever ends with the most points deserves it.

Seems a rather daft crash by Hamilton though. Looks like he just dropped his rear left on the grass slightly and lost it. Rather a novice mistake.
    not so much a novice mistake because he was pushing it to the edge to catch button. it's just his mentality to push.

that force india is geniunely quick! brilliant! my dad says that in 25 years of watching f1 he has never seen a team's performances turn around in so few weeks! great for the sport!
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

ive been rooting for Vettel, but i dont think he is going to do it with Red Bulls current pace

If Barrichello wins the title, it'll be the end of F1 as we know it.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

That's my point. If there was bias, then they'd (reluctantly or not) leave it and appease Renault to avoid giving them a reason to leave. By chasing it up, it suggests there's enough evidence that this simply cannot be ignored. Perhaps Piquet threatened that if no action were taken, he'd go to the press with this. Thus, it would come to public light anyway, but then refusing to punish Renault would immensly tarnish the sport's reputation.
    I think if the FIA did not investigate the allegations then they would be open to claims of bias. From what I have read so far of the leaks it appears as if Renault knew of the plan. Next week may be interesting with what happens.

It does sound very far fetched though. Would any team ever want to have anything to do with a driver that crashes on purpose? The sport is dangerous enough without such things.

I did hear during the BBC commentary (or it may have been the Eurosport coverage of GP2) that Piquet is in negotiations with BMW for the BMW-Sauber team. During the GP2 races the teams set up outside the F1 garages and use the F1 teams 'prat purches'. Piquet's GP2 team was set up outside Renault....

Depends. The supposed explanation of why they're at the front was because since Monza and Spa are high speed, low downforce circuits. FI are used to not having as much downforce, and because of the lack of testing, they have more experience with the set ups for these tracks than other teams. That, and they still have a mighty Mercedes engine in there, as can be shown by the good performances in Monza of the McLarens and Brawns.

I don't expect them to be filling up the backrow anymore (that looks like Torro Rosso's place for the moment), but I don't expect them to make it into Q3 come Singapore.
    I agree.

Strange things are happening on F1 grids at the moment - look how Toyota bounce from the front (Bahrain) to the back (Monaco).

Williams were very slow at Monza while Rosberg has been in the top 10 for most of the season during qualifying.

ive been rooting for Vettel, but i dont think he is going to do it with Red Bulls current pace
    It does look like that. I don't think Red Bull were expecting to be at the front at Monza (or Singapore) but they weren't expecting to be at the bottom of the top 10. With qualifying being so close can a team afford to miss valuable set up time on Friday/Saturday. Vettel because they are trying to protect the number of engines they have left and Webber due to car problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Consul View Post
    If Barrichello wins the title, it'll be the end of F1 as we know it.
    I doubt that - it's just someone who has finally made the most of the chance that they've been given. It's still Button's title to lose at the moment. Sixteen points is enough but we've seen drivers lose from there before (Hamilton in 2007 and Reuterman in 1981 come to mind).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Lotus is goin to be on the 2010 grid XD

Patrician

Lotus is goin to be on the 2010 grid XD
    In the words of the great virgin mary....come again?

I heard theres going to be 26 cars but lotus?

Supposedly Lotus now occupy the 13th Team slot. The existing BMW Sauber team are the "14th" team that currently may or may not get a place, depending wether agreements can be reached allowing a 28 car grid. (Great to see Lotus back. Love their cars ).

Also, Briatore and Pat Symonds have both resigned from Renault.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8258987.stm

Supposedly, these were the two Piquet blamed for the crashing fiasco. I suppose given that they resigned rather than hang around to put dirt on the team gives the idea this story is really true!

Edit: I forgot to also say that Renault won't be contesting the charges, pretty much an admission of guilt.
    Last edited by Musthavename; September 17, 2009 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post

I doubt that - it's just someone who has finally made the most of the chance that they've been given. It's still Button's title to lose at the moment. Sixteen points is enough but we've seen drivers lose from there before (Hamilton in 2007 and Reuterman in 1981 come to mind).
    Barrichello is an average racer, he hasn't got the guts or the talent necessary to win the championship. It'd be a disgrace for the Grand Prix if a man who spent most of his career moaning about others took the highest step in the podium.