hip63

red_dragon's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Empire Optimized Released

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    Megaupload Alternate Download Link:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A6VEAP1S

Hope this helps some folks

hip63
    thanks for that lol turned a 1.5 hour download into a 20 minute download.

Can't wait to try this. I'm running a laptop with
    64 BIT VISTA
    4GB,DDR2,800MHZ
    T6400 (2.0GHZ) CORE 2 DUO
    ati radeon hd 4570 graphics card
    250 mb 7200RPM hard drive

with this on vanilla I can run fairly well on medium, but anything higher is not available. Hopefully I can get to high or ultra with this mod.

♔KillZoneGB♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Icon14 Re: Empire Optimized Released

Cheers hip63 for uploading and helping out

Ladies and Gents i bid you good night

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

you should list the megaupload link on the first page of this thread

hip63

Where do i put the script file? the destination listed in the read me does not exist on my computer

also how do I override the blocking of high and ultra settings? (I'm a total noob so you have to bare with me)

Quote Originally Posted by La De Da Brigadier Graham View Post
    Hi you have to display the hidden folders in your folder options first if you cant find that it comes under organize folder and search options, un check the hidden folders option then you should be able to see the user scripts folder.
    there is no creative assembly folder in the AppData\Roaming folder

edit- is this only nessisary if you have a major mod on like darthmod? I'm still running vanilla with only a flag and militia reskin.
    Last edited by red_dragon; July 27, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

what OS are you running?

nevermind I got it figured out.
    Last edited by red_dragon; July 27, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

Excellent work KZGB, glad you got this out to the public.

For anyone with a low end system like mine, and I mean loooow end, (Athlon 2800 @ 2.25, Geforce 6200 256 AGP, 2 GB RAM @ 166) this fix is a GODSEND.

And to repeat another poster's question, how exactly did you re-texture all of these in 3 days? I think I averaged about 5 textures per day re-sizing other mods, what's the secret here? 3 lbs. coffee, 2 cartons cigarettes?

Welshman25's Avatar Centenarius

This is a bit confusing (with 5 pages and all that), so I'll just ask my questions here.

-So with my specs (see below), I can run ETW with around 20-30 fps average and minimum 10 fps with these settings (see picture). I am fairly pleased with this frame rate, so would this mod allow me to turn up settings and get around the same frame rate (or maybe better)?
    -Does this interfere with many other mods? I have a TON of mods installed including darthmod and a bunch of custom units and retextures. I also have the realistic flag set. Would this mess with any of them?
    -What does installing this and using it to it's full potential require? I skimmed a bit of this thread and see a bunch of stuff about advanced nvidia settings and very long text files. Is this just one of those "drop it in your data folder" mods or do I have to mess with other settings to reach it's full effect?
    -Also, does this effect naval battles?

Hopefully this will work for me as it looks excellent!

My Specs:
    Dell XPS M1530
    2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    4 GB RAM
    128 MB Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS (DirectX Diagnostic says this has 1650 MB appx. total memory)
    Last edited by Welshman25; July 27, 2009 at 11:49 PM.

So if I can set everything to ultra already, I don't need this, it won't be any improvement?

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

from the sound of it, you might get modest increases in FPS, although I don't know if it'll be enough to be noticeable
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

Allright I'm testing it out right now.

Not seeing a big performance increase, and I'm getting a bunch of visual problems (probably due to mods).

Quote Originally Posted by tullyccro View Post
    Excellent work KZGB, glad you got this out to the public.

For anyone with a low end system like mine, and I mean loooow end, (Athlon 2800 @ 2.25, Geforce 6200 256 AGP, 2 GB RAM @ 166) this fix is a GODSEND.

And to repeat another poster's question, how exactly did you re-texture all of these in 3 days? I think I averaged about 5 textures per day re-sizing other mods, what's the secret here? 3 lbs. coffee, 2 cartons cigarettes?
    He probably batched the whole shabang...

So where do we place this COH memory.dll described on the first page?

Good job on this, despite what some may say that this constitudes a 'modest' framerate increase means quite a lot to people who do not have a reletively modern rig. Those of us still clinging to old video cards, lower ram, or even single core CPUs will see a significant improvement in their game. While the framerate itself will only improve by 5-10 (at most in my experience) FPS on higher settings; this in of itself is important because it allows us to even use higher settings with an all-important more stable framerate. What texture resizing generally does, for those that do not know, is reduce stuttering and 'catches', it also allows previously resource hog textures (grass) to be less of a problem for older computers and therefore gives a performance boost across the board.

In other words, if you have a computer that already can run Empire on everything ultra with little problems, this may only serve to reduce the occasional stutter. However, for the rest of us, you will see an improvement in one shape or form; which makes this mod more than worth it to the majority of people.

Excellent work and after trying it and seeing an improvement in my game, I highly recommend this.
    Last edited by Brenil; July 28, 2009 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMac View Post
    How do you save a skin as a movie? + Rep
    (To fix the White texture Bug)

You will need to get the Pack-File Manager (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546)
    Open the Mod Pack of the Texture Mod you have Problems with (Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data) with the Pack Manager, then right-click into the left Window -> select Pack Type -> click on "Movie" and save the Changes. After that use the Mod-Manager (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335) again and lounch the game. For me it solved the white-Texture Problem!

Greetings!

Havoc04's Avatar Tiro

Well im REALLY impressed. Running (See Signature) Map=60 FPS Battles up too 6000-8000 troops 52 FPS Very good +Rep for this AWESOME JOB mate !!!!!

All Options on Ultra
    4xAA
    16xAF
    SSAO is off
    Last edited by Havoc04; July 28, 2009 at 08:12 AM.
    Windows 7 64Bit//Intel Core I7 2600k//16 Gig G-Skill 1866 Ram//Galaxy Nvidia GTX780 3gb

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quick question, is this mod only going to optimize the current CA units??? or will it work with all the retextured mods out there??