Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spartacus mini-mod

Default Spartacus mini-mod

Due to popular demand, I have created this add-on to play as Spartaco using the 77bc mod.

Install instructions:

Download the data.rar file from this location:

http://www.filefront.com/14379471/data.rar

Unpack it

Copy the data folder that you have obtained inside the 77bc folder, replacing all the files that you will be asked to.

Gaming instructions

The faction of Spartacus will now be available to play. You can still select the other factions, but be warned: as I have changed the script for the mod to start in 73BC, you might experience some weird results, specially with the SPQR faction.

You start the game as a horde. Your goal is to leave Italy and settle in Thrace (see the regions listed in the Victory Conditions in the game menu). Nevertheless, if you manage to capture and hold some settlements at the start of the campaign, you will get some other rebellious crap to join your forces.

Uninstalling

In case that you want to revert to your old 77bc version, I have added all the original files that have been changed for this mini-mod. So it is only a matter or renaming them and deleting the Spartacus files.

These are the files changed:

data\export_descr_advice
    data\export_descr_buildings

data\scripts\show_me\Marcus_Camillus_4TPY

data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion\descr_strat
    data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion\descr_win_conditions
    data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion\script_start_4tpy

The original files are all renamed with a (2) at the end of their name. For instance: script_start_4tpy (2)

Alternatively, you can delete the 77bc folder and re-install the whole mod.

Please report any problems in this thread.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; August 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM.

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Spartacus mini-mod

THX man... Now the pain with proper music hehe.
    Wich culture is Spartaco...greek or roman?

LOL...Kirk D. Tga
    Thank god not that bonehead from the remake
    Last edited by inquisitor; July 26, 2009 at 05:03 PM.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Frikin' awesome!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

you are a god

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

I have 2 probs.
    1. The first city South-East when i attack with spartaco and sack the city,he dies.
    Attack them with a captain and everything works fine.I sacked 3 others with spartaco...no probs
    2.The script wont load properly...every time i attack someone,the advisor ask me to turn on the script.
    When i hit end turn at 72bc the 4th time,the date jumps to 11AD.
    Last edited by inquisitor; July 26, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    I have 2 probs.
    1. The first city South-East when i attack with spartaco and sack the city,he dies. Attack them with a captain and everything works fine.I sacked 3 others with spartaco...no probs
    Curious. I will give a look at it. By the way, it looks like I should increase the starting garrison of the Italian regions.

2.The script wont load properly...every time i attack someone,the advisor ask me to turn on the script. When I hit end turn at 72bc the 4th time,the date jumps to 11AD.
    I had some trouble with the script loading at the beginning of the campaign, due to Spartacus faction having no starting settlements. So I guess that everything needs to be fiddled a bit more. Does the script return to 71bc after that date jump?

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Curious. I will give a look at it. By the way, it looks like I should increase the starting garrison of the Italian regions.

I had some trouble with the script loading at the beginning of the campaign, due to Spartacus faction having no starting settlements. So I guess that everything needs to be fiddled a bit more. Does the script return to 71bc after that date jump?

Thanks to all of you for your support.

1.I think the starting garrison is good,maybe 2 units of gladiators more would be nice .

2.I tryed to take a roman town in turn 1....but even then....after 4 turns 72bc it jumps to 11AD.
    Turn after this i hear a noice like someone is calling a faxmachine...you know the sound
    But the sound is not every time....when i save 11 AD...and reload turn on script.....the noice again only longer now.
    The date never jumps back.....when i end the turn,i get a list of events and spartacus is dead.

The third time i tryed....the celt spawned with his army to help me(dont know his name).
    But this was the only time i saw him.

I tryed 5 times in total....the celtdude spawned only ones....I need this traitor.hehe

Why did you start in 73bc....i know why.....but it would be easyer for you and the mod users to let it 77bc.
    Then nobody have to mess around with the files.
    I know how to do it,but i guess there are people who dont.

When you ask around here,i think most of the people...rather have a good install and play all factions without messing around,then historical accuracy.But that is only my opinion.

Edit...lol you ment the roman garrisons.Understood it wrongly. srry
    But still more gladiator units would be cool(thinking loud).
    Last edited by inquisitor; July 27, 2009 at 06:45 AM.

I think that I have solved the issue. At least, I have changed all the 4tpy script...I have uploaded the whole mini-mod again in the first post of this thread.

Inquisitor, please make a quick test with it and let me know if it works. Otherwise, I will follow your plan and set everything back to 77bc.

I did a quick test,and i get past 72bc.No more timeshifting

But still everytime i attack someone even when i'm settled the advisor pops up.
    I can live with that,but i guess...because of that...messing around with files...part,many people wont try it.

Not that i care what others do,but it would be a shame if only a few tryed it...dont you think?

No more gladiator's...sniff tear hehehe

Btw. Spartacus still dies when i take the first city South-East and sack it.After that untill now no probs with sacking others.

Edit: I played a couple of years.....the advisor events...the spartacus revolt,pop up in 71bc instead of 73.That are only minor things.

Sometime a units dissapears,i noticed it in the beginning.I attacked with all my forces,but the gladiators saw no battle.After the fight 1 unit was gone.

Nice Captain Publius spams hahaha.Only at the beginning there spawns a second one at the same spot,on the moment i defeat the first one.But still this is fine.

Is there a way to recruit gladiators and the Iberian mercs(pls)....in small subjective letters) lol.
    What files do i need to edit?
    And i will try to change the gladiator to another model,when possible

The battles are still the best in TW. No comment on that,thats fur sure

Played on med/med,for unexperienced players its fine.
    Try it on hard tomorrow.
    I will also march to Thrace,to see how things work there.

All unit cards for the ships are peasant tga's.No prob for me,but i think thats a small change.

A shame that there is no army when i recruit the Cohors Preatoria hehe..

Had some fun hours with this.
    When you tell me what you want to change and tell me how(know the basics)
    I can do it for you.....
    Last edited by inquisitor; July 27, 2009 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks for the feedback, Inquisitor.

Now I realize that I forgot to do a couple of things, like removing the recruitment of ships and full armies for this faction. And, if you are really interested, I could add the gladiators from Res Gestae. I doubt that any of Spartacus rebels fought dressed in Mirmillo fashion but, hell, this mini-mod is mostly for fun so...why not?

That would be very very cool.....when you add them.Only make them recruitable that would be nice

Maybe only in South italy and Thrace(Imo when spartacus returns to his homelands...he has taken his knowligde with him )

You can't recruit full army's,only the general.

Ehm Btw....i would like to see 1 unit of ships avaiable for the rebels.Maybe a higher tier building,but without it restrics you to italy,gaul and greece/thrace

Remember....Spartacus intend was to go to sicily(with the money he gave to the pirates) and free the people there,to bolster his army's....i'm not sure,but i think he also wanted to stay there.
    hm pirates.....maybe he could buy some ships as mercs(make them expensive).....that would be realistic.
    Pls add the iberian merc as a recruitable unit.......its the best looking unit of the game.
    And i think when mercenarys hear about Spartacus and his revolt...they would cladly join his cause.

Man...this mini mod will rule soon i'm sure of it.

Have nostalgic feelings with Spartacus.It was the first roman/army/kickass movie i saw.Always wanted to be Spartacus hahaha

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

О la la, it is remarkable, interesting to taste. I will download.

Now i got a persistent prob.At 70 bc ..when i end the turn,on the moment the icons on the top reaches yuehzi(dont know there name) the faction on the mini map changes to them....cant see the mouse,i can only scroll.Wierd....

No reply...hm

Sorry, I need some time to look at what is going wrong.

Does the problem appear in Winter of 70BC? That would be turn 12 or 13? If so, I think that I know what the problem is and I will upload the solution along with some other fixes soon.

Concerning navies, I am quite determined to remove them for Spartacus. After all, he did not manage to build one and the only thing that he got from the pirates was less money in his treasury.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; August 02, 2009 at 03:15 AM.

I'm glad for the move_char cheat hahaha
    They need sicily.....

I think that I have reached some sort of compromise decision: navies will be available for Spartacus in only some major ports. I guess that, if he had managed to capture some of them, he would have probably been able to "convince" some captains to transport his troops.

Anyway, it is so long since I played 77bc that I do not remember, but wasn't there a landbridge connecting Italy and Sicily?

No landbridge
    I found this out the hardway....lol my friend Captain Publius joined me on the ride

The compromise..is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    No landbridge
    I found this out the hardway
    I hope that Spartacus did not drown...

Edit: I have updated the first post with new files that will hopefully solve the problem in the year 70BC reported by Inquisitor.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; August 03, 2009 at 12:57 PM.

[QUOTE=Salvor Hardin;5695317]I hope that Spartacus did not drown...

lol

I try the fixes now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast