Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] new Bactrian Kingdom, part I

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: [Preview] new Bactrian Kingdom, part I

But giving up them would give you peace with Bactria kingdom, and increased tension between Bactrians and Parthians! I'd send them my territory directly if I can

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

aqd
    As far as I know, Bactria was only Seleucid Empire's province which rebelled, the same about Parthia. So Seleucid king would never make peace with them in reality
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Here a battle replay... I was going to take video but it lags too much

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The battle began with missile exchange between my horse archers and Seleucid "light cavalry":

Reinforced with the Agema, the seleucid cavalry force launched a foolish all-out charge to follow my HAs, away from their battle line

And soon trapped and slaughtered

Meanwhile, the Bactrian line and Seleucid line clashed:

The dumb AI somehow learned Epaminondas' tricks....

And soon overwhelmed my left. Damn my thorakitai are all cowards

The center still holds, but not for long.....

Before the line collapses, however, the enemy general was surrounded and killed. His screaming shakened the Seleucd troops and stopped my cowardly Bactrians from running away!

Now it's time for a counter attack, led by Bactrian royal guards and elite swordsmen:

Soon the Seleucid left was wrapped and destroyed; only the Hypaspitai are still struggling:

A final charge by Bactrian hore archers!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Shields of elite infantry (Silver Shields and Bactrian Royal Pikemen) are so amazing! Royal infantry fighting each other, with shields shining under the sun, may be charming spectacle! However, such battle never happens on campaign map...
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Shields of elite infantry (Silver Shields and Bactrian Royal Pikemen) are so amazing! Royal infantry fighting each other, with shields shining under the sun, may be charming spectacle! However, such battle never happens on campaign map...
    Yes it did. I just beat off one Seleucid royal army! But my elite infantry were sandwiched and nealy annihilated by Seleucid pikes!

Bactria is historically very rich, so you can afford at least one regular army after the mines and roads are upgraded - One army controlled by human player can beat 100 from all AI factions !
    Last edited by AqD; July 28, 2009 at 03:40 AM.

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

You did a great job once again, AQD, an invaluable addition to RTR.
    Since your first preview, you seems to focuse only on eastern/Oriental factions, do you have western faction projects ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

After I finish the whole eastern parts, and after FOE is released and merged into my mod. The units in FOE look very nice so I won't have many to do except for the ahistorical ones

Lol. I doubt they`d want to hear that.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

How about "what if..."-featured carthaginian units? Or you totally don't like Carthage?
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

@florin80: nooo you misunderstood! I got the permission to use RTR VII stuff long ago Eventually my mod will become a RTR VII submod! Haven't you noticed the beautiful sky in my screens? And when I merged FOE it'd become a whole new game, completely different from old RTR 6

@Lanjane: yes and that would be a lot of units
    Last edited by AqD; July 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Hey saw your release!!! Best wishes and congrats. And love hearts heh,I missed that..^_*.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

aqd
    Wonderful news! You are blessed wishmaster!
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    @florin80: nooo you misunderstood! I got the permission to use RTR VII stuff long ago
    You`ve misunderstood. I wasn`t referring to getting permission but to this part:
    The units in FOE look very nice so I won't have many to do except for the ahistorical ones

Unless you meant that you`ll add ahistorical units to their historical units as opposed to correcting their ahistorical units.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

florin80
    He meant units that use "What if?.." - feature. The original feature of his mod
    Last edited by Lanjane; July 31, 2009 at 09:23 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

yeah, by "original" design, the gauls simply cannot recruit anything outside of france!

But celts did have troops from galatia, which they invaded and settled... I need to create units like that

Marcellvs Orellivs's Avatar Laetus

aqd, i want your babies!
    the units are exceptional. well done, very fine work.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Well, I don't think FOE covers Macedonia, the Greek Cities, the Sarmatians (AoR now), the northern Gauls, the Britons, the Belgae (who come from Belgium, not Britain ) and the Germans... so you will have a bit of work to do.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

RTR Macedonia and Greek Cities are fine.. I got the permission to use ferres' wonderful works but so far I cannot even find a slot to add them. However, I could add some as Pergamum AOR units and make reformed units (now complete lacking) myself.

The Sarmatians/steppe will be expanded, but remain unplayable because RTW cannot truly represent nomadic factions. The Gauls will receive some wonderful late-period units from VARIAGMOD, but Britons and Belgae will NOT be touched because I don't really see the point for another celtic faction (feel like 3 Roman families )

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

I actually meant for the Belgae to be AoRs. The Germans have quite a lot of them, you know

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    I got the permission to use ferres' wonderful works but so far I cannot even find a slot to add them.
    You mean that in a technical(EDU and/or DMB being full) or from a gameplay/historical point of view.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast