Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Default Re: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    At least my Stalin's tactic have been nearly succesful
    Did you shoot your generals too?

Well I surely sacrificed some of them, who, by the way, were pretty useless¡¡
    But were in honour to the Trascendetal One and Roman Glory.
    Good point Methodius¡

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Oznerol, I find a sadistic pleasure when I send some useless general to the Hades!......Too much Stalin in me?....
    Anyway, I resulted Caligula in the test about the Roman Emperors....so I gess I'm free to do whatever I want to my silly generals!!......

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Oznerol, I find a sadistic pleasure when I send some useless general to the Hades!......Too much Stalin in me?....
    Anyway, I resulted Caligula in the test about the Roman Emperors....so I gess I'm free to do whatever I want to my silly generals!!......
    I think I have exterminated my Arian generals, they were all a waste of money and always making unrest¡
    I put them in lonely forts... Which would be sieged by quadi or some pesky barbarians soon afterwards, such a coincidence¡

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Screenies¡
    As you can see I have recover Dalmatia and Greece which I lost to the Quadi and the thervingi goths, but Heraclianus Victor has recover those lands and instaurated the roman law again. The barbarian were defeated lot of times, both the goth's and quadi's kings death in battle with their bodyguards and whole armies. As you can see Heraclianus army is pretty elite with four units of domesticorum pedites from Constantinople (They now have all gold chevrons, they are butchers in battlefield), domesticorum equitum, three cohors of Celtae Seniores, the Comes Domesticorum and his elite bodyguard, roman domesticorum with domesticorum equitum and finally Heraclianus himself with a deathly retinue of Parthi Clibanarii, experienced and with 2 gold chevrons.
    In the East Julianus has broken the sassanids breaking a siege on Ctesiphon of two enormous sassanids armies which pretty depleted his army and left it very damaged, but victorius and reinforced with Thebaorum and Macedonica. And most of the elite troops are with Procopius holding Susa under the Julianus orders, his veterans did a good joob in the old Achaemenid city breaking a three armies siege which ended in Heroic Victory.
    Gaul is totally lost and until I don't finish with Quadi and Thervingi I can't recover it only defend Italy and its southern provinces. As you can see Londinium is still holding even with the saxon's and gallic invasions, Atalus, its defender, is magister militum and a wonderful and hardened general.

Ah¡ Julianus has build a pantheon to the Trascendent One in Ctesiphon, I post a screenshot of it in-battle when I was dealing with a huge sassanid attack. Now they are defeated in this front, but they are pwning the Gupta and Kidarites...

And my heir Augustus Flavius is near to coming of age, Im anxious...

Regards.
    Last edited by Oznerol; June 04, 2012 at 05:35 AM.

Great campaign Oznerol!!! Few questions: Sicily and southern Italy? Roman rebels?.....Gaul is very important, probably more than Britain...IMHO you should try to regain the control of the Province, or not?...And the Saracens? They seem a little too storng in Middle east, might the Arabs be dangerous for your plans against Persia?

Great campaign Oznerol!!! Few questions: Sicily and southern Italy? Roman rebels?.....Gaul is very important, probably more than Britain...IMHO you should try to regain the control of the Province, or not?...And the Saracens? They seem a little too storng in Middle east, might the Arabs be dangerous for your plans against Persia?
    Southern Italy is controlled by rebels because I dind't have the time, neither the troops, to reconquer those provinces, I will put that campaign in hiatus until I "pacify" the limes. Gaul... I still make 50000 gold coins each turn without those gallic dogs, their cities only give me poblems distracting myself from the eastern frontier, the only things I miss are the troops which are recruitable there, like the Flavia Honoricanii or the excelent auxilia from Augusta Treverorum. My next campaign, with Heraclianus, will conquer Chonodomar and will retake Augusta and Argentotarum. Lutecia and Aureliai can go to hell, I won't retake them if it is not necessary. The Arabs are getting more and more dangerous, full stacks nearly Ctesiphon, and they are allied with sassanids... But their troops aren't enough to conquer my fully fortified cities and my eastern provinces are very well defended. I won't advance in inner Persia, I will sign a ceasafire as soon as posible, I wan't the sassanids to concrentrate their effort on kidarites, they are too strong.
    But I suffered a setback, Procopius has died and Susa is lost, an enormous army composed by eastern troops (Like xionites) and heavy infantry from Deylam defeated me, at least the veterans from Julianus campaign were back in Ctesiphon and I didn't lose them. And now I don't have skilled generals in the zone. Nevitta died from age long ago and Terentilius or Heraclianus are in Dalmatia and Rome (Celebrating the triumph and retraining). I need Augustus Flavius coming of age.

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Nice well done, I on the other-hand never destroy factions, like to mount punitive raids, but never exterminate an enemy
    Same here, I like to make buffer zones and forge protectorates, but in the end, they do just end up betraying you being annoying, and anihilation is the only option sadly...

Well I surely sacrificed some of them, who, by the way, were pretty useless¡¡
    But were in honour to the Trascendetal One and Roman Glory.
    Good point Methodius¡
    Indeed, generals aren't purged, they are "sacrificed"...

Personally, I like putting them on ships doomed to fight pirates. For ever! I find Christians make good navy admirals and biarchs and so forth... that is, until they either inevitably die, or "suddenly" convert to a new, more preferable religion...

As you can see I have recover Dalmatia and Greece which I lost to the Quadi and the thervingi goths, but Heraclianus Victor has recover those lands and instaurated the roman law again. The barbarian were defeated lot of times, both the goth's and quadi's kings death in battle with their bodyguards and whole armies. As you can see Heraclianus army is pretty elite with four units of domesticorum pedites from Constantinople (They now have all gold chevrons, they are butchers in battlefield), domesticorum equitum, three cohors of Celtae Seniores, the Comes Domesticorum and his elite bodyguard, roman domesticorum with domesticorum equitum and finally Heraclianus himself with a deathly retinue of Parthi Clibanarii, experienced and with 2 gold chevrons.
    In the East Julianus has broken the sassanids breaking a siege on Ctesiphon of two enormous sassanids armies which pretty depleted his army and left it very damaged, but victorius and reinforced with Thebaorum and Macedonica. And most of the elite troops are with Procopius holding Susa under the Julianus orders, his veterans did a good joob in the old Achaemenid city breaking a three armies siege which ended in Heroic Victory.
    Gaul is totally lost and until I don't finish with Quadi and Thervingi I can't recover it only defend Italy and its southern provinces. As you can see Londinium is still holding even with the saxon's and gallic invasions, Atalus, its defender, is magister militum and a wonderful and hardened general.

Ah¡ Julianus has build a pantheon to the Trascendent One in Ctesiphon, I post a screenshot of it in-battle when I was dealing with a huge sassanid attack. Now they are defeated in this front, but they are pwning the Gupta and Kidarites...

And my heir Augustus Flavius is near to coming of age, Im anxious...

Regards.
    Excellent screens Oznerol!

How did Singidunum become a barbarian city though? How have you allowed such an attrocity to take place lol?

Interesting to see that Heraclianus remains a bad ass in whatever playthrough and campaign he finds himself in. What of Nevitta and Aurelianus though, whats come of them? Your position in Seleucia-Ctesiphon also seems pretty tenuous, you should fortify the passes!

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    Same here, I like to make buffer zones and forge protectorates, but in the end, they do just end up betraying you being annoying, and anihilation is the only option sadly...

Indeed, generals aren't purged, they are "sacrificed"...

Personally, I like putting them on ships doomed to fight pirates. For ever! I find Christians make good navy admirals and biarchs and so forth... that is, until they either inevitably die, or "suddenly" convert to a new, more preferable religion...

Excellent screens Oznerol!

How did Singidunum become a barbarian city though? How have you allowed such an attrocity to take place lol?

Interesting to see that Heraclianus remains a bad ass in whatever playthrough and campaign he finds himself in. What of Nevitta and Aurelianus though, whats come of them? Your position in Seleucia-Ctesiphon also seems pretty tenuous, you should fortify the passes!
    Singidum became barbarian because it was the first city falling in the thervingi hands since I holded Sirmiun at all cost but suffered horrible sieges and couldn't hold the rives passes, so all Greece and Dalmatia fell, the whole provinces ransacked and slaved and their populations turned barbarians who transgreded the limes. Fortunately I have fixed that heresy and they will be back to our Pax.
    Nevitta died of old age several years ago, a grievous lose... And I couldn't believe it but... Aurelianus bretayed me with a full army of thebaorum and macedonica, plus auxiliaries. Was painful.
    And the bad thing is I don't have proper armies to guard the passes, the Herculani and the Jovii are depleted and exhausted I count with the Invicti Iuliani, Thebaorum, Lanciarii and Macedonica but they aren't enough, and I don't have proper generals, and I don't trust in captains since the sassanids have bribed a lot of them or they joined rebels. I must win in the western frontier for securing the eastern, in the meanwhile I can only do a trench war like the WW I turned to be in its late phase.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

I see you are fighting the Sassanids with their own troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    I see you are fighting the Sassanids with their own troops.
    The Paighans are extremely useful against their own, and I use them to fill the holes in my line or reinforce my army on the East, I use persian savarans, deylamites and armenian mercenaries also.

I generally spam the 0-turn version. They might rout, but you can have a dozen more armies marching behind them. They also exhaust the population of cities, which makes them easier to hold.

BOM knows well how to deal with the Sassanids and all their secrets............BOM is their nightmare!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeees, Rome needs a strong frontier. Noooo, Rome doesn't need unwashed barbarians at her gates. Or, as it seems, Rome doesn't need anyone anywhere in the world. Congratulations, wonderful pictures and, of course, CAMPAIGN.

Ok, so finally in all my games that I have played as any of the Roman factions, I've finally had a successful invasion of those men of an evil race, the rods of chastisement sent by God to force Romans to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

No longer! Playing as Valens, one of Diocle's mafia twins....I've managed to capture Selecucia-Ctesiphon and subjected it to all manners of atrocities, captured by Valen's son, where Valens himself sits outside the city, awaiting additional reinforcements and to keep an eye on any future invasions by the Persians.

I was a little more forgiving for Nisibis, Carrhae and Nineveh, forcing them into slavery. Catena Perpena has been largely involved in smashing the Persians, who thankfully have not invaded in any great numbers, aside from pestering Amida but only the arrival of Valens from Constantinople (he captured all Procopius' Asia Minor holdings and then the city of Constantine) allowed me to go on the attack.

So far I have a tenuous hold on Greece, having captured only to Hadrianople, after the Goth's ravaged Serdica (which revolted back to me twice...couldn't save it in the end) and the Quadi sacked Singidum and Procopius and his minions have been rather pesky but my auxillia palatinae army here, commanded by an adopted general, have held fast and await only the conclusion of the Persian wars to resume the attack. It started badly this game, when both generals who commanded the starting armies were defeated in battles but I still managed to capture Nicomedia. Only Valens' timely arrival reversed the tide after thinking that I was about to lose my first game as the Romans!

So a brand new army is currently enroute to the re-captured Persian provinces, consisting of the germanicani iuniores, phagian (?) and psuedo comitatenses and other silver shielded troops to back up Valens. Not sure if I really want to drive all the way into Persia but we will see. I wonder if the Guptas and Kidarites are keeping them occupied? Am awaiting the expected treachery of the Armenians at some point.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Thanks for sharing - good to see the Macedonica in the thick of things!

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Have you started a new campaign Justinian?

BOM knows well how to deal with the Sassanids and all their secrets............BOM is their nightmare!
    I sometimes play as Sassanids too, you know. I use the paighan to swarm the Roman infidels!

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    Have you started a new campaign Justinian?
    Yes mate, just for something to amuse me in between writing my AAR. When ever I get a little bored of my current game or stuck for ideas I start a new game with a Roman faction for a bit of distraction. It usually works. It would explain why lately I've had such lengthy gaps between updates
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    I sometimes play as Sassanids too, you know. I use the paighan to swarm the Roman infidels!
    Yes, yes, no dubt about that, my dear!!!...........maybe one day I'll try them for the first time after all these years of IBFD Mods!!....