Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    Not at all!... even if he took with him a little crown from there, indeed - somewhat imposed on him - on December 25th, 800 AD.
    Ah yes you are correct, i am mistaken sir i was thinking of the other Charles, the Hapsburg one, Charles V

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Sassanid humiliation:

Gazz's Avatar Miles

Nice one

I did it in about 20 minutes. It was m/m or h/h, I don't really remember. I'll conquer all of Iran next, and make the Sassies my vassal, methinks.

355 campaign, 12tpy, default movement points. Year is 356, the turn is 14 or so.

I will destroy the sassy full stack with my stack from Arsakia.
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; July 28, 2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: The town is called Arsakia (town? I killed 13 thousand Persians there, so I suppose it's a city)

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I thought you liked the Sassanids?

Signature made by Joar

I know it may seem strange but I never conquer territory that historically wasn't Roman and I don't wipe out enemies either. I fight usurpers and fight incursions and launch punitive cross border raids

Signature made by Joar

You may have noticed I no longer deem the sassies worth my time. ETA: This thread being one of the main reasons to reconsider my preferences - I only ever liked them because I assumed they had a medium infantry force unlike the Parthians.

Don't worry, the only way to make a vassal in RTW without force diplomacy is to give all your money to them and return them their starting regions. It doesn't matter though, since you get all the money back the next turn because they give all their spare money to you.

It will look hillarious when such a huge state is subject to a small mountain kingdom. With the Persian money I'll start conquering the Romans - right now they are not willing to attack me because I pay them a huge tribute (3000 a turn, but I still turn 7000 income so it's not that big a deal).
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; July 28, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

good screens Cocroach! ...Get the Romans next!! MUAHAHAHA
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

'Twas the AI stupidity that allowed me to achieve this. First they left their western flank unguarded. Then they asked for peace (after I took that firsf town and Ecbatana). Meanwhile I gathered whatever forces I could find west while leaving a full stack to deter the Italians if need be. But it turned out they were happy to attack the Persians when I asked, this diverting their attention - so I seized Rayy and Arsakia. Now most of their forces are too far southwest and east to pffer any real resistance.

I was minding my own business, killing some Persians, bribing some Roman towns, when ,all of a sudden,

I will continue, of course.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I love how they use your avatar as their banner. We should mod in the santa hat, for the lulz, and then record a victory video with it.

Btw, I remember this...
    Don't worry, the only way to make a vassal in RTW without force diplomacy is to give all your money to them and return them their starting regions. It doesn't matter though, since you get all the money back the next turn because they give all their spare money to you.
    ...being awesome in Med2. With a very positive reputation, my Spanish Empire of 60 provinces (of which I controlled only my starting 3) was divided into 10 vassals, all with huge Spanish stacks near their capital to prevent them from doing anything worth mentioning.

I plan to take Ctesiphon, Bishapur, maybe Merv and Bukhara (the kidarite losers somehow lost it to the sassy gay sassanids), then propose becoming my protectorate.

I am regretting I didn't use force diplomacy, though, since the Romans attacked me even with the tribute. So what I did was I crushed most of their field armies in the region with a horde of aspet-i-armeni lancers or whatever they're called, and increased the tribute. Now they aren't too bothersome.

The main infantry component in my ad hoc field armies is deylamite infantry, recruited from the Iranian provinces - those guys are pretty decent. Most of my town have mire than half stacks of conscripts (paighan and archers) in them to defend in case the sassies strike. Boiling oil is sooooo cool.

About the Sarmatian symbol, lucky coincidence. They haven't changed the victory movies.
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; July 29, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

I never thought it was possible. the cockroach the great. empire

Ad hoc levy armies continue their rampage in Iran:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see, I captured Ctesiphon. It seems that king Shapur II will never be known as "the Great", since his head is now mounted on a high pole on the highest pagan temple in Ctesiphon, and the sacred pagan fire - extinguished.

The little Roman "adventure" to Van ended in disaster for them, as you can see.

While the great Armenian king was busy directing campaigns in the south and west, it seems the Persians have decided to strike back. Too bad they are doing it with pathetic forces. I was surprised the wusses managed to conquer the rightfully Hephtalite town of Bukhara. I am now considering giving all of Ariana to Guptas and Hephtalites after I take it instead of the Persians, to give me some long time challenge.

I could quit now and rightly call it done, but I will humiliate every empire in the world. Lessons from this campaign:
    1. Conscripted paighan levies make great garrisons - I defeated a sassy army twice as large with 9 units of paighan;
    2. All cavalry armies go first and clear the fields. An infantry army with 3-5 onagers goes straight for the city while screened by the cavalry stack. Works like a charm.
    3. If it takes more than 1 turn to recruit, don't bother. It's all about logistics and numbers;
    4. The AI still sucks
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; July 30, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

I need some help with getting the other campaigns

No chance of receiving some rep? I just killed Shapur II and have almost finished ridding the world of zoroastrians! I have massacred close to 130 thousand (translates to roughly 1.3-2.6 million in real life) Persians both on and off the battlefield! I have brought the light of christianity and civilization upon the pagans! I have taken on the might of Rome!

I DESERVE REPZ!!!
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; July 30, 2011 at 02:04 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Gave you rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    No chance of receiving some rep? I just killed Shapur II and have almost finished ridding the world of zoroastrians! I have massacred close to 130 thousand (translates to roughly 1.3-2.6 million in real life) Persians both on and off the battlefield! I have brought the light of christianity and civilization upon the pagans! I have taken on the might of Rome!

I DESERVE REPZ!!!
    I would but you still owe me

Signature made by Joar

Infractions don't allow me to give rep.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I gave you like 2 points in the last week or so. Can't give any and I'm not going to spread...