Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Default Post your empire/kingdoms here!

I thought id post a thread so we can see how everyone is doing in there campaigns I will start with my Valentinian campaign.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The start was difficult i was able to avoid rebellions in most cities except in 3 cities in spain and 1 in the middle of gaul. i sent the legion stationed in carthago nova in spain to quell the rebellion in spain and i sent 1 of the lesser legions in gaul to destroy the aureliani. with the one and a half legions in northern italy to the danube to stop the lazyges and the remaining two in gaul destroyed the alamani and sacked there two border cities. money was tight and for most of the time not there. valentinian himself left for the defence of his eastern providences because in a huge battle the legion i sent over there won a battle outnumbered 2 to 1 (I killed 6000 lazyges but lost 2000 men and another army attacked the remains of about 1000 men and obliterated them. they then took sirinium but then valentinian arrived took it back and pushed back the lazyges out of campus lazyges but while he was fighting them the quadi and usurpers attacked. The quadi took carnatum and the uspers took salona. valentinian took back carnutam and a small force of barbarian allies took salona back. To deal with the massive attacks i sent a very good young commander with the spanish legion named trajan to help valentinian out. (it was a looong trip. with the quadi silenced I left them to deal with the usurpers. Valentinian attacked them while trajanus was sent to deal with the goths who had taken the last two providences of valens in europe. trajanus took them both back with a great victory where he was surrounded by a full gothic army in the front and a full one in the back. that victory ended the gothic war for a while. with trajanus help we conquered all of the usurpers grecian providences leaving them just constantinople it took THREE SIEGES to take constantinople but i finally got it. Peace went through the empire except in africa where a hard guerillia war with the berbers was being fought. (Ive lost tingis, saldae, and one more city i cant remeber the name of to them. When valentinian died his son Valetinian II became emperor. Being much more aggresive than his father he wanted to destroy the usurpers in asia minor, destroy the goths and lazyges who were still in dacia and unite the empire under himself. The usurpers in asia minor were destroyed easily on land but a gruelling three year war at sea to destroy the navy delayed the land war. Dacia was a different story. The lazyges were easily crushed they horded then just left. the goths started out easy but a legion levied in greece got cocky and went to finish off the last stack of the goths. but while chasing they turned around hired all the mercenaries in the area and attacked. They had alot of calvary and did a fairly smart attack. They hit my center with infrantry and hit both flanks with horse archers and javelin calvary which caused my flanks to collapes almost in seconds. with the flanks gone my calvary tried but was overwhelemed quickly by numbers and the center was surrounded and i lost nearly 2000 of 2200 men. It took more than 7 years to rebuilt that army while just before the battle valens declared war and i sent all available legions 3 of them to the east. with greece wide open the goths were only able to capture marcianople but by time they did my legion was done captured it back forced them to horde where the went up north. The war in the east went really well i was able to capture the empire in 10 years but the battle that broke them was this one
    But the war had one bad incident while capturing antioch trajanus was killed at 45 (He had 40 men left in his bodyguards when he died i was pretty upset and a little sad.) know with the war over and the empire basically united im preparing for war with the purple death. Im preparing 2 legions for war and 2 more for defence fo the new provinces. we will see how it goes. oh and heres a pict i find interesting
    I find the picts expansion enteresting, they couldnt beat me so they went around. They had campus Friski but i took it to try to give it to the goths so they can settle but i cant get them to take it. Ive left it unguarded but they wont take it so how do you give them money for mercs or how can i give them more units

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Hmm that's interesting... wonder what prompted the picts to expand? In all my experiences they just do, well, nothing, nada.
    But good on you with the campaign, I notice you've conquered all the traditionally Roman provinces in the east, well done!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Yeah, excellent empire.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Great empire, there! I wonder how the Picts will fare?

Wow Pft I wonder if I'd even have made it past killing the barbarians and stopping the rebellions, let alone reuniting the empire.

To help with the Goth settling query could you not force diplomacy it to them or is that script not built in for BI or this mod?

Its in bi but not this mod and you cant give settlements to hordes but it would work for money i guess which they also wont take. Im also suprised by how the picts did and also as you can see in my first pict the berbers in asia minor was suprising. i could destroy them but they took such a long journey i decided to see where they plan to go.

Thought I'd epic bump this thread with one of my little empires..

At the moment I'm still kinda stuck with the war on Valens, a few turns after this one I was able to break the stalemate, kill Valens, and take a few more cities in Asia minor, and Kydonia and Rhodes.

Wow, a million plus in the bank, well done. How much are you making per turn or are you just a scrimper and saver of epic porportions?
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Is that sarcasm I read, can't we make 1.2 mil in ten years.

Well it wasn't intended as sarcasm. It's possible. To subtract the 20K or so you start with, that equals 30K per turn over 40 turns...thats just saving and not spending it. He has taken all of the cities belonging to Valens in the western half and one in Asia Minor (Ancyra), couple that with the building of as many economic buildings as you can its not impossible but he would have to be raking in a fair bit each turn.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

I saved like hell at the start, for about 2 years I was at total peace and able to focus on getting out of the starting depression. Now, I didn't personally knock Valens out of the west, The goths did. Once they were done with Valens they attacked me. I guess I am an gifted defensive commander, and while I was holding the main line at Thessalonica a force of new Goth Federate troops that were originally intended to reinforce Asia Minor went on a pillaging spree in Dacia. In the end, They surrendered all the territories they had taken to me and were paying a hefty tribute. So it was a mix of a stable home economy, huge amounts of looting in Dacia, and the lovely tribute payments helped me quite a bit.

Here I am nearly 20 years later, plenty of successful campaigns and an even more unified economy made me rich indeed, but now without much of a war to spur on profits I've stalled out.

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Ok sorry about that anyway people of TWC with Exams nearly over I will soon be blessing your eyes with the glory that are my Empires.

Dionisy's Avatar Civis

So mates, this WRE at 370 (365 campain h/m). I managed to keep all my initial towns plus 2 alemanni and 1 quadi sattlments. No berbers destroyed, pictish towns pillaged twice. Half steaks of quadi and yazigies eliminated and strong armys prepared for they remaining forces. Income is 14000 - 15000 per turn.

Naughteous Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Ok, here's my Precopian Empire. The year is 451AD and I'm playing VH/VH. I've been at peace with the barbarian west pretty much since the beginning but had problems with the Goths. Nothing but a little exterminating to eliminate that problem. The Lazyges have occupied Italy and most of Gaul and have never attacked me until last year, now that the Sassanids are a shadow of their former selfs, its time to introduce myself to them. The Berbers had occupied most of N.Africa and Hispania and just finished retaking N.Africa a couple of turns ago and now have a beachhead in Hispania. The WRE now only consists of the island just east of Hispania and one province in Gaul.

Holly cow! The WRE is history.

Art by Joar

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

What I'm pleasantly surprised at is the conquests that the "feeble" berbers have managed. Also those Iagyges have certainly travelled a long way from home.

Good job there!

Naughteous Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Icon10 Re: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Here is my Precopian Empire in 465AD. One hundred years of fighting and I still haven't reconquered the west. I did take Rome from the heathens finally.

That's an empire... Nice work!

So, how about showing off some of your empires?

Well, if you got any, that is...

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast