Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Pyrrhic Victory Total War

wait is the mod Pyrrhus King of Epirus mod or Pyrrhic Total War cause theres three similar mods out there.

*edit* 1.)ok just give me step by step instructions here because the two archives i have is a .zip and a .rar archive the .zip archive tells me to go to the .rar for the data folder and the .rar tells me to go to .zip for my data folder. 2.)the SW portion of the campaign map is hard to intereact with because the map begins to distory visually when i approach it now i saw this with the mighty carthage mod but it was a problem because the last towns were far enough away from the physical boundary of the campaign map. 3.)I love the balancing you did though.

Epirote

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2
    wait is the mod Pyrrhus King of Epirus mod or Pyrrhic Total War cause theres three similar mods out there.

*edit* 1.)ok just give me step by step instructions here because the two archives i have is a .zip and a .rar archive the .zip archive tells me to go to the .rar for the data folder and the .rar tells me to go to .zip for my data folder. 2.)the SW portion of the campaign map is hard to intereact with because the map begins to distory visually when i approach it now i saw this with the mighty carthage mod but it was a problem because the last towns were far enough away from the physical boundary of the campaign map. 3.)I love the balancing you did though.
    Pyrrhus:King of Epirus is the new mod.
    In order not to say every time the phrase "Pyrrhus:King of Epirus" I just say Pyrrhus mod.
    Download the Pyrrhus:King of Epirus mod and have a fresh RTW1.2.
    Then just follow instruction.

Pyrrhic Victory is the old mod.

Both mods are not compatible with any other mod.
    So don't try to install any other mod above them.

the king of epirus mod calls for a pyrrhus v1.0 .zip where can i get that from so i can finish the process or is this thing a stand alone version?

Epirote

the king of epirus mod calls for a pyrrhus v1.0 .zip where can i get that from so i can finish the process or is this thing a stand alone version?
    It is actually version 2.0 and I gave you the link in my first post to you.
    Just click my signature.
    You know. Click Pyrrhus. :laughing:

ok cool i have the v20 .rar and .zip archives if thats the case i'll try it again but... the first time i did this i installed the pyrrhus KoE mod over the original data folder by taking the mod's data folder contents cuting and pasting them into the vanilla TW's data folder i must note that i left the data folder itself in the new folder and i took the two subfolder and cut n pasted them into the data directory of vanilla and i did the same for the .zip archive (v2.0 of Pyrrhus:TV).
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; August 28, 2005 at 09:51 PM.

epirote you omitted one thing the new mod's archive the one with all the new skins doesn't have a descr_model_battle no wonder i cant get the new skins to work they have to be manually written in.buts weird i overwrite the old mod with the new one but the files for the new skins don't appear.

Epirote

The mod if just fine.

Please read the instructions how to install.

you dont understand i read the instructions i read both of them i tried installing both of them in opposite orders when i got desparate the v1 skins are loaded flawlessly the new skins from v2 are not loaded at all if thats the case can u provide me with a copy of your descr_model_battle file and i'll manually install the v2 skins.

Epirote

What you need is:
    Fresh copy RTW 1.2.
    PyrrhusV2.0.rar

HOW TO INSTALL IT:

Step 1)

i)Go to \Rome - Total War\Data\packs and create a "New Folder".

ii)models_unit_textures.pak & ui_1.pak both files CUT-PASTE in the "New Folder".
    Only CUT-PASTE, not copy-paste, it is very important.

iii)Extract the xpak.zip inside the PyrrhusV2.0.rar and place all 4 files(readme.txt, samplePak.zip, xpak.bat, xpak.exe) in the "New Folder"

iv)Now with the 6 files inside the New folder run "xpak.bat".
    "xpak.bat" will ask you to press a button so press it.
    Now just wait to finish the job of extracting the ".pak" files(models_unit_textures.pak & ui_1.pak).
    It might take a while so be patient.
    A "Data" folder will be created.
    Cut-paste the new "Data" folder in Rome - Total War directory over the original "Data" folder.

Step 2)

i)Unzip the PyrrhusV2.0.rar
    ii)Copy the "Data" folder and paste it over the original "Data" folder in the Rome - Total War directory .
    Last edited by Epirote; August 29, 2005 at 10:17 AM.

i found the missing files for the v2.0 .rar archive now im going to cut paste Pyrrhicvictory over the vanilla data folder and the new mod (Pyrrhus: KoE) over the old mod's data folder? this should be a cinch.

Oh thank Epirote! I love! I love! I love! It worrrrked! Yeeees! I looked at the unit cards in the custom battle army window but i didn't actually fight the battle im gonna go look at these new units in battle and check things out for myself. Again thank you for being patient with me!

oh i have one question but this is probably a simple it deals with screenshots. See I just registered with Imageshack and I ot my account fully up and running I was taking screenshots in RTW with the Print Screen button and I was wondering how do I get the campaign map interface to appear in the screenshots cause I want to show you something dealing with the campaign map borders I had this problem in vanilla but theres no point in talking about it until I can show it and so I was wondering do I need to use the Imageshack's tools one of them, the quickshot tool, has something called the "game mode", it allows you to take screen shots from within games but do I really need to go as far as downloading that? What do people here on the forums use when they take screenshots?

Darth Fungus's Avatar Civis

oh i have one question but this is probably a simple it deals with screenshots. See I just registered with Imageshack and I ot my account fully up and running I was taking screenshots in RTW with the Print Screen button and I was wondering how do I get the campaign map interface to appear in the screenshots cause I want to show you something dealing with the campaign map borders I had this problem in vanilla but theres no point in talking about it until I can show it and so I was wondering do I need to use the Imageshack's tools one of them, the quickshot tool, has something called the "game mode", it allows you to take screen shots from within games but do I really need to go as far as downloading that? What do people here on the forums use when they take screenshots?
    I like FRAPs myself. Some people use grabclipsave. There a dozen programs out there. I'd go with FRAPs, even though the free version is somewhat limited (bmp only). For 37 bucks, you get jpeg and other stuff. Oh, and the period on your keyboard is there for a reason.

uh does this have anything to do with this topic.... i dont think so srry put it in the noobie forum....
    "Have you ever felt how victory feels unless youve felt defeat?"

Darth Fungus's Avatar Civis

Epirote, is there some way I can just install the units? I really like those new greek hoplite units, but I just want to add them to my game, without installing the whole mod. Is there a way I can do that?

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Sorry to ressurect this old thread, but has anyone got this mod working for 1.5?

Ta.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Default Re: Pyrrhic Victory Total War

Question: does this mod overwrite the vanilla RTW? I mean, does it interfere with the files of the regular game and with other mods?
    Last edited by EgyptianWarLord; July 29, 2009 at 06:53 AM.

...That is the most MASSIVE thread-necromancy I've seen for long a time indeed.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

i have a question: can this mod work on RTW 1.5?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567