Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: DBEditor 1.8

Default Re: DBEditor 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by harshman_chris View Post
    So when are we going to see some of the other db files even partly decoded, seasons would be a great one to get going as well as others. I would do it if I knew how
    Get HexWorkshop and start reverse-engineering the format like this: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/ETW_fil...s_tables/units

After that, it's a very simple matter to encode the table schema into DB.XSD.

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jinarik View Post
    Most likely your patch.pack has become corrupted, you can attempt to have Steam repair the game for you by Right-Clicking on Empire - Total War --> Properties --> Local Files Tab --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache..., which should re-download patch.pack, or you could just reinstall the game. These seem to be your only options at this point.

And for future reference, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER edit patch.pack, it's a bad idea mmmkay? The best way is to create your own mod pack, a tutorial to do so can be found here at this shameless plug.
    Once upon a time copying and replacing patch.pack was the simplest way to get around the inability to use mod packs online, but now you CAN use mod packs for multiplayer, there really isn't an excuse to be editing the core files directly.

Quote Originally Posted by harshman_chris View Post
    So when are we going to see some of the other db files even partly decoded, seasons would be a great one to get going as well as others. I would do it if I knew how
    The seasons file has virtually no useful information in it, I had a look way back when ETW came out, trying to work out if we could have a proper 4 turn year.
    Not actually on the moon.

Empire: Tactical Warfare Mod v1.0

Replacing patch might have been the most common way to use a mod online, but it wasn't nessesary till patch 1.3. I used an additional pack in patch-format for my sealords-mod and till last patch all worked well. With the last patch CA brought up new versions check and allowed the use of Mod-packs, so true, using mod-format now is much smarter, even for online.

As i never replaced patch, i don't know, if a replaced and modified Patch.pack would still run online with unmodified ETW games, if yes, this would be the last reason to modify patch.pack: CHEATING....
    Bladerunner
    Koeniglich Preussische Marine
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

Sealords Minimod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274322
    Sealords Total War Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246265

We can use mods online?

BTW when will the building DB tables (in models.pack) be supported in the DB editor? Can I edit them with notepad until they are?

Default Re: DBEditor 1.4

@LtChambers

Thanks a lot for your effort and your new DBE 1.4! Now I can finally edit my "aum_units" table without problems. Huge +rep

Information from the last patch 1.4 update news:
    - There is now a cap on how many of some units you can take in MP. Examples of such units are Ferguson Rifles, many of the Elite Units of the West, and other unique units such as Royal Ecossais etc.

I guess that they will add a new column to "units_tables/units".

Yup, that sounds like a likely candidate for a new column. But the new schema mechanism should handle it just fine. It's just converting an old db table to the new schema that might be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    Yup, that sounds like a likely candidate for a new column. But the new schema mechanism should handle it just fine. It's just converting an old db table to the new schema that might be challenging.
    Sure, you're the man who all allows us to mod. You deserve infinite +rep!

The new schema is really a great improvement, that we can rename the "discovered" unknowns. Do you plan to host an updated-online-schema like you did with your PFM?

Could we send the "discovered" unknowns to you that you can implement them into the next DBE 1.5?

- added PackLoadingDialog to allow the user to choose which packs to load (thanks Jinarik)

Sounds awesome, does it load them in the right order?

It loads the pack types in the right order, but within a pack type the load order is undefined (probably alphabetical).

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    It loads the pack types in the right order, but within a pack type the load order is undefined (probably alphabetical).
    So I still can't tell it to load my mod packs in a particular order? That's a bit of a pain but I suppose I can get around it by renaming the files. Maybe a fix in 1.5, you've sure been churning out the patches

I don't know why it's always me getting all the errors. Maybe one day I'll be able to use this editor without problems.

What on earth could this be??? My row is missing cells?!?!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Any reason why recruitment would be showing up as -1 in the UI?

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Unit View Post
    I don't know why it's always me getting all the errors. Maybe one day I'll be able to use this editor without problems.

What on earth could this be??? My row is missing cells?!?!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What are you doing with my highlander warband?

many thnx for the new version and continuing development of db editor Chambers and all involved.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

How do I add a new line? I can't seem to find where...

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    How do I add a new line? I can't seem to find where...
    Wow, you miraculously posted in the right thread with your DBEditor complaints!

Adding a new row is simple and it would have been the same way in PFM except it was poorly designed - which is why I'm no longer maintaining it and I disabled it because it's bound to stop working for more and more tables with future patches.

Just start editing the blank row at the bottom of the grid and once you make changes and commit them a new row will be added. Usually you'll want to clone an existing row that's similar to what you want though because it's easier to change values from a similar row than to fill them all in from scratch (depending on how many columns there are of course).

And of course, read Jinarik's tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    What are you doing with my highlander warband?
    I'm adding more units too the .pack.

Ltchambers!

Can you help me im trying to mske my first new unit for Empire I am using DBEditor, nice work. But I dont know what im doing! What do I enter into the Unit ID? And what goes inside unknown 1.2.3.4.5 etc etc?

Im trying to change the unit limits for the Black Watch, I have the unit list up but how do I change it from 1 to 0?

Anyone? I have it started and go to unit tables, found the column for limit but it won't let me edit the column for some reason any help would be much appreciated.