Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1020

Thread: DBEditor 1.8

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: DBEditor 1.8

The latest version of PFM is available here : [Tool] PFM 3.2 - DB schema improvements
    The latest version is compatible with ETW, NTW, TWS2, TWR2 and soon with TW Attila.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

The PFM works fine, i dont need the DB editor
    thank you!

C-Wayne's Avatar Laetus

Is this compatible with Darthmod?

Default Re: DBEditor 1.0

So I got the 1.7 Version of this since 1.8 doesn't work for me, and, as a test, I took the euro_ranger unit from the unit_stats_land_tables and made have 120 men, a flag bearer, and that they shoot improved grenades. Then I saved it to a mod called units, and went to mod manager and launched the units mod. I tried a battle with Mega-Rangers, and they were just the regular 80 men units who shoot small shot with no bearer. Where did I miss something? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Wilson View Post
    So I got the 1.7 Version of this since 1.8 doesn't work for me, and, as a test, I took the euro_ranger unit from the unit_stats_land_tables and made have 120 men, a flag bearer, and that they shoot improved grenades. Then I saved it to a mod called units, and went to mod manager and launched the units mod. I tried a battle with Mega-Rangers, and they were just the regular 80 men units who shoot small shot with no bearer. Where did I miss something? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    No clue but glad to see traces of a human in here. Do you know if DBEditor needs to be used in conjugation with a PFM or not?

i can't find dlc units in dbeditor, where can i find them ?

I can't get my changes to take affect, am I missing something?

Can you give naval ships explosive projectiles with this? I have tried giving Naval guns howitzer/mortar projectiles, or making naval cannon round shot explode, and i tried putting all mortars as the cannon types on a steamship but none of these seem to work in-game please help!!

anytime i make a change to the tables (im changing cannon types on ships) and i save the changes when i go into game nothing has changed not visually nor has the firepower of the ships changed

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

In case it is useful, here's the last version of the DB Editor.
    Whilst the Pack File Manager supplanted it, I find DB Editor more pleasant to work with, and probably many think the same.

I didn't make, nor edit it in any manner, therefore, all credits to the original makers, notably LtChambers !

https://mega.nz/#!79VjUCLJ!hkITB9woh...L6oJIicTZHGdWM
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Hi guys... Can someone help me. I used to successfully change the DB tables of Units_stats on units for Empire Total War. But lately all my DB-Editors seem to crash and sends me this message...

"Unhandeled exception has occured in your application. If you click
    Continue. the application will ignore this error and attampte to continue
    If you Quit, the application will close immediately."
    This table has an unexpected format. It may have changed in the most recent update.

Details :
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    Common.DBFileNotSupportedException: This table has an unexpected format. It may have changed in the most recent update.
    at Common.DBFile..ctor(PackedFile packedFile, TypeInfo[] type)
    at PackFileManager.DBFileEditorControl.Open(PackedFile packedFile)
    at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.OpenPackedFile(Object tag)
    at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.packTreeView_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    PackFileManager
    Assembly Version: 1.5.9.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.9
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Steven/Desktop/Mod%20File/Mod%20tools/PFM_NTW/PackFileManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8686 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Common
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Steven/Desktop/Mod%20File/Mod%20tools/PFM_NTW/Common.DLL
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5494 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Data
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8751 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Now when continue, and I gives me options to open with, notebook, microsoft reader, or paint, or Adobe Acrobat, and ect..ect. but when I choose adobe it takes years to load, so I close it before damaging the Pack file.

Can someone help me to fix this problem?
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 02, 2017 at 03:19 PM.

Everything in unit section dont change when i save guess ill delete this and dowload PFM it look better ...

God i realy write that ! I mean everytime i made a modification in the unit table the change dont apply in game ill try PFM now mayby it will be better ...

Hi. There is a very important question - is it possible with this program, DBEditor in Napoleon Total war to change the size of the Treasury in custom battles for 14000 too little even to elementary to gain 20 units?

Hi there,

So I'd like to remove the unit limits on some units in Darthmod... But I am having problems actually doing that. I tried asking on the Darthmod section but no one actually helped... At all :/

See with DBEditor I managed to change the unit limits fine with all the vanilla patch.pack(s) by editing them and then one by one cutting and pasting them onto the desktop so I can edit the others without interferance. Yet when playing Darthmod those changes were never really reflected and the unit limits remained.

So going back to DBEditor I looked into the DME_darthmod.pack. In the unit tables section there were several unit files compared to vanilla's just one. Yet none of those files could be opened, with DBEditor saying that they have no recognised table type (Or something like that) and nothing would be displayed, except the table categories at the top everything else was grey.

So another search lead me to PackFileManager, an apparent earlier incarnation of DBEditor. I tried to open those unit tables again using that but it threw up some garbage about being disabled and that it is superceded by DBEditor and to use that instead (Then why still provide the download if it cant be used)... Yet those unit tables in DME_darthmod.pack wont open in DBEditor anyway. I tried to download an earlier version of PackFileManager too so that I can dodge the superceded garbage... But then I got another message saying that it can't update its version and to use the local files instead... Ok... I still couldn't open anything.

So at this point I want to ask, is removing the unit limits in Darthmod just a lost cause? Or is there an alternate solution I could try? Is there any other software that could be used that I haven't considered?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ultenhiemer View Post
    Hi there,

So I'd like to remove the unit limits on some units in Darthmod... But I am having problems actually doing that. I tried asking on the Darthmod section but no one actually helped... At all :/

See with DBEditor I managed to change the unit limits fine with all the vanilla patch.pack(s) by editing them and then one by one cutting and pasting them onto the desktop so I can edit the others without interferance. Yet when playing Darthmod those changes were never really reflected and the unit limits remained.

So going back to DBEditor I looked into the DME_darthmod.pack. In the unit tables section there were several unit files compared to vanilla's just one. Yet none of those files could be opened, with DBEditor saying that they have no recognised table type (Or something like that) and nothing would be displayed, except the table categories at the top everything else was grey.

So another search lead me to PackFileManager, an apparent earlier incarnation of DBEditor. I tried to open those unit tables again using that but it threw up some garbage about being disabled and that it is superceded by DBEditor and to use that instead (Then why still provide the download if it cant be used)... Yet those unit tables in DME_darthmod.pack wont open in DBEditor anyway. I tried to download an earlier version of PackFileManager too so that I can dodge the superceded garbage... But then I got another message saying that it can't update its version and to use the local files instead... Ok... I still couldn't open anything.

So at this point I want to ask, is removing the unit limits in Darthmod just a lost cause? Or is there an alternate solution I could try? Is there any other software that could be used that I haven't considered?
    Try to use this version of PFM: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Attila-support
    If that's not helping, the problem lays with the Darthmod files.

Welcome to TWC and sorry for the late reply.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

I have got back into empire total war and download db editor whilst editing i noticed that the elite units of the east and elite units of america units are missing in the db editor. i have done the usual of uninstalling the game and installing and same for db editor. i do remember the original db editor layout was different and this was not an issue. if there a corrected version with the full unit list?

Is there any way to use DB 1.8 to change the number of units you can recruit? Currently playing Rise of the Republic and I find I can only recruit 4 Regiments of elite Highland Troops. I would like to increase this to 10/12 if possible to reflect the reality of Highland Regiments in the British Army. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Try to use this version of PFM: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Attila-support
    If that's not helping, the problem lays with the Darthmod files.
    No. The problem are not the DME files, instead it is of not using PFM 1.5.9.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.