Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars:Empire at War

Default Re: Star Wars:Empire at War

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    I think a sequel should be in the works. The first one went over well enough, they took a good idea and rolled with it, seen what they did right and wrong, helped it a little with an expansion but its about time for a full fledged retry
    I agree, there's plenty to improve upon. However, I don't think it will happen anytime soon. LucasArts has really gone to the dogs.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." -Seneca

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I don't think so I think they're on the verge of a comeback and there's plenty of evidence to support this theory.

I hope they do another sequel. There was a massive cliffhanger at the end of Forces of Corruption.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Where Silri discovers the Sith Lord's tomb with hundreds of soldiers in carbonite.
    "The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise." Tacitus on Health & Safety
    "Abuse, if you slight it, will gradually die away; but if you show yourself irritated, you will be thought to have deserved it." Tacitus on trolling

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I would prefer to see another game like this with more factions. Having a big universe with just two factions (3 with the expansion, never played this one though) is just weird.

Would be great to have large and small factions around, with the smaller factions relying more on diplomacy for survival. It wouldnt be about conquest, but mostly about defeating your enemies. And in the story mode you could get to controll different factions throughout it.

Some factions could also emerge, such as the galactic empire and the confederacy of independant systems.

Heres a rough version of what I would think would be a good faction list.

-Galactic Empire
    -Galactic Republic
    -Trade Federation
    -Naboo/gungans alliance
    -Confederacy of Independant systems
    -Wookies
    -Rebel Alliance
    -Kamino
    -Huts
    -Sith Empire (could be similar to Revan and Malak's Sith empire)
    -Mandalorians
    -Trandoshans
    -Onderon
    -Old Republic

This might allow for some small and large factions, they dont need to go on conquest on the galaxy map, each faction could have their own goals to succeed in the grand campaign.

Where the galactic empire's goal would be conquest, the republic's goal would be to create and maintain peace, and probably convince more systems to join them in an alliance.

The trandoshan's goal might be to capture Kashyk and enslave the wookies, and the wookies their goal would be to prevent this, and perhaps establish a few colonies.

The trade federation would try to establish trade and capture trade routes, with force if needed.

I think that all these factions could give quite some interesting units. Its not that I dont like seeing TIE fighters, X-Wings, AT-AT's, etc. But it may also be nice to see Basilisk War Droids, Mandalorian infantry, Wookie warriors, Sith troopers, Super Battle Droids, groups of generic bounty hunters, Naboo fighters, the starforge, Old Republic space ships, etc.

And also different hero units such as Revan, Queen/senator Amidala, Mandalore, Bastilla, Kyle Katarn, Starkiller, Exar Kun, Quicon-Jin, Darth Maul, Carth Onasi, General Grievious, IG88, Jango Fett, etc.

Mixing things up might make for interesting battles as well outside the story modes. Like having the galactic empire with Sidious and Vader fight against the Sith Empire of Revan and Malak.

Naboo/Gungan Alliance? You want pacifists with militia's and fish people with a pure land army to compete on a intergalactic scale?

gambit's Avatar Gorak

I would want more emphasis on planets. there should be several land battles per planet so its more indepth, maybe several regions with their own buildings and cashflow.

and now im stretching it but i just itd implement more variety in buildings, like the guilds in tw. something to make each territory unique, not just generic cash up planets where i stuffed them with mining facilities
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

How about make it so oon only certain planets you can recruit certain units also, that and you get certain bonuses for units if their built on one planet.
    according to exarch I am like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Naboo does have wealth and decent fighters it seems.

lands units have horrible graphics the space battles are fun and cool but are weighed down heavily by the former.
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    lands units have horrible graphics the space battles are fun and cool but are weighed down heavily by the former.
    all around the game has bad graphics by todays standards, but i liked land and space battles, i was beyond elite on multi player, played it for 3 years straight

Well you can't really use tactics in EaW battles. It's more of a slugfest.
    "The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise." Tacitus on Health & Safety
    "Abuse, if you slight it, will gradually die away; but if you show yourself irritated, you will be thought to have deserved it." Tacitus on trolling

There are very few RTS that aren't slugfests.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

And I have used tactics in some battles

cough destroy engines or shield generator cough

And how about we make the battle for the planets a global affair? Increase the size of the units, determine where you will fight on the planet, and make it so the while planet is a battleground, and with Company of Heroes destruction thrown in for good measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Maybe make some planets only require one battle and other planets require up to three.
    according to exarch I am like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Well that would certainly be easier to accomplish. Though I get what you're saying.

Bespin for instance would be one massive battle for Cloud City, while Geonosis would be like you said, multiple battles.

And what if you could have a land battle and a space battle at the same time, perhaps as a co-op feature; one person controls the conflict on the ground while another handles the fleet above space. If the guy in space is doing well he could fly reinforcements down to the planet during the battle. Of course, these transports could be shot down, but such a feature would make blockades and getting through them a much more interesting affair.
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

I think madalorains would be a fun faction to play seeing as how the devastated the old republic

I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

I agree. Though they would need to be nerfed terribly.

Could be interesting to have an old republic scenario with the associated factions. Mandalorians, Old Republic and Revan's Sith empire. Next to that some smaller factions as well to fill the gaps, like some I mentioned earlier that where around at the time.

This would allow both Jedi and Sith to be there in their prime. Full regiments of them wouldnt be fun though, but there could be quite some heroes such as Revan, Malak, Bastilla, Jolee Bindo, Vrook, Vandar, Darth Bandon, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, and maybe more even. Next to that there could also be non jedi heroes of course such as Mandalore the Ultimate, Canderous Ordo, Bendak Starkiller, Calo Nord, Carth Onasi, Saul Karath, etc.

The Mandalorians would have their Basilisk war droids, the best heavy infantry, fighter planes like the one of Jango and Boba Fett, and a lot of less familiar stuff.

The Sith Empire would probably have the strongest fleet but weak infantry. The Leviathan could be a special ship.

The Old Republic would probably be average overall, more balanced. Probably a stronger economy.

What all mods are scaled to canon?

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

No.