Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 300 WoS; General discussion and feedback.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: 300 WoS; General discussion and feedback.

You actually can catch them with your bodyguard. Have them stand still and put the game in triple speed until they are fresh. Then you can easily catch them, I've done it this way before. If course, I play with lots of time in the hourglass

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Tis true. Spartan bodyguards can out run pretty much anyone when there fresh. Apart from the Immortals, those guys can seriously motor.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

My guess is he sieged a settlement with his bodyguard only, seeking to draw out the enemy without having to siege it. He got attacked be reinforcing army. He destroyed all units except the peltasts.
    Yes, you are right about siege But not about bodyguard's support) I also had two stupid "militia" hoplites with me, but they fled.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Halie Satanus, I sent you a PM. Did you receive it?
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

Blog Entries

A'yup, I'll get round to it eventually, just not had time.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Hi Guys,
    Reading a book, just now about the Athenians and the Spartans, suddenly got this desire to get a phalanx and hurt a few Persians. I see this mod is a baby, it looks great and with Aradan and Master of None involved its gonna be great(fan of Viking Invasion).
    Downloading now

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Reading a book, just now about the Athenians and the Spartans, suddenly got this desire to get a phalanx and hurt a few Persians. I see this mod is a baby, it looks great and with Aradan and Master of None involved its gonna be great(fan of Viking Invasion).
    Downloading now
    You won't be disappointed.

Edit: Halie, I was just thinking how putting a Greek rebel sub-faction on the map would provide much more of a challenge than the comparatively docile rebel faction. As it stands, I pretty much steamroll rebel cities without much resistance.

And have you given any thought to expanding the unit rosters and splitting KH up into individual factions for a Greek hegemony campaign to supplement the 300 campaign and add more variety than just Greeks vs Persians in a future patch?

Not that I'm complaining, because WoS is a blast, but more variety is good regardless of how fun the mod is.

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Great mod guys, finally started playing it as it was meant to be I've played 80 turns (In the classic edition). Although I never got the liberation of Crete mission. I guess it was because I took it earlier. I love the variety of hoplites and the agema/prhomarchoi etc... I have yet to expel the Persians out of Europe but I'm going there slowly but surely. Again thanks for the great mod as the many other you guys have released.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    And have you given any thought to expanding the unit rosters and splitting KH up into individual factions for a Greek hegemony campaign to supplement the 300 campaign and add more variety than just Greeks vs Persians in a future patch?

Not that I'm complaining, because WoS is a blast, but more variety is good regardless of how fun the mod is.
    That would be a truly fantastic idea for a future mod/sub-mod, have the same units and style but set it during one of the Pelopennesian wars

Lol, I didn't realise that there was a Crete mission, haven't gotten it yet, just as well Decimator22 mentioned it because I have a fleet of Spartans heading there now :S

mod foldered or no? if not possibility of someone doing it? I don't like to override my games no mod is worth doing it since i play online and i still like to play the vanilla game.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    mod foldered or no? if not possibility of someone doing it? I don't like to override my games no mod is worth doing it since i play online and i still like to play the vanilla game.
    Yes, it's modfoldered.

Indefinitely Banned

Damn, those Spartan bodyguards are tough lol, they completely blitz everything else bar Immortals

I have managed to take full stack rebel cities with only my king and his bodyguard lol.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

I laugh at your cavalry policy(?) It says that greek heavy cavalry isn't as heavy as persians, but I owned whit greek heavy cavalry persian heavy cavalry. (movie version)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Just downloaded and had a go at the movie mod - fantastic! Thermopylae is as ominous and dreary as the movie set! I can see I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. Kudos to Halie and team

One question - I can't find preferences.txt for some reason to turn off banners and green arrow markers....I even did a windows search in TheCreativeAssembly folder and the 2 txt files there are for other modfoldered mods - nothing came up for WOS Can anybody help this computer illiterate?

There aren't any 300-specific prefs, it uses the default Alex ones. If you wanna add them, just copy the preferences folder of Alex inside the 300WOS directory, and have at it.
    Last edited by Aradan; August 22, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post

Edit: Halie, I was just thinking how putting a Greek rebel sub-faction on the map would provide much more of a challenge than the comparatively docile rebel faction. As it stands, I pretty much steam roll rebel cities without much resistance.
    They have to be fairly easy around southern Greece otherwise balancing would have been impossible.

I did plan on something like that, but then WoS took almost a year longer than I planned so I don't think I'll be working on any expansions. Others are welcome to take it over though if they wish.

One question - I can't find preferences.txt for some reason to turn off banners and green arrow markers....I even did a windows search in TheCreativeAssembly folder and the 2 txt files there are for other modfoldered mods - nothing came up for WOS Can anybody help this computer illiterate?
    A'yup, what Aradan said..

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

BTW Halie did you use FaceGen too for Oracle's portrait?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mm... I see that dark blue cloak and think you've been inspired by nice Makanyane's avatar
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Blog Entries

BTW Halie did you use FaceGen too for Oracle's portrait?
    I did use FaceGen yes..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mm... I see that dark blue cloak and think you've been inspired by nice Makanyane's avatar
    I made that too.

As excellent as this modification is, I think the addition of several more factions would make it more interesting in the early-to-mid game. Perhaps Thebes and Macedon?

Though I realize that probably goes against the spirit of this mod...

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Whenever I start the Greek Campaign there is no scripted battle. When I end turn Xerxes doesn't attack. Help?

Btw I am using classical version

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast