Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

Default Re: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

hey great work man .... One off the best game i had in Totalwar series ... congratulations !!!!
    One question .... i am around 426 bc got controlled off entire Grece, western & Ionain island (misted the reward though) i'm liberating ionian main land (in progress), got 80% off the ports block ...building an army to get bysance by sea ...
    Having fun .... But i can't get cavalery ... is there a trick ????? do i need to upgrade first cavalery buildings in greece main land & then in the rest .... or what ......

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I think Cavalry is only available in Corinth and Athens. Though this may not be historically accurate we decided as the Greeks are led by the Spartans, who didn't have much faith in cavalry, it was more in keeping with the mod. You can only recruit basic cavalry from Corinth while Athens will give you elite cavalry units. Stables built in other cities will give you a law bonus.

But be aware, if you start taking cavalry units to battle the AI will counter by bringing Persian cavalry which are generally better. The Persian armies also have a lot of spear units which will cut your cavalry to pieces, so use them wisely.

thanks dude for answering so fast .... Got you but meanwhile i got those cavalery units effectivly in Athen & Korinth ....
    IA allready brings 1 or 2 cavalery unit in the fight ... i just want to use them at the end off the battle to run after & destroy the survivors .... Spear men are not running fast enough ... Again excellent job i'm having a real good time

Blog Entries

Cool.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

hi guys,

great mod you have here, i cant wait to play it it looks like you all worked very hard as ive been reading the posts

but when i try to start the game i get a script error in my data folder, it cannot find mount for heavy horse....

im not sure why this is any suggestions?

thanks again

You are trying to play this with Alexander (1.9), right?

Content Emeritus

yes i am playing this with alexander, but i might not have patched it to 1.9, let me see if that works

I think Alex only comes as 1.9, so that's not likely to be the issue (? I could be wrong though) - Alex mods work as mods of RTW so the main issue is if your RTW install is patched to 1.5. Launch your vanilla Rome Total War game, go to the options screen and check it says 1.5... also make sure you haven't installed any non-modfoldered mods....

Content Emeritus

oooo cause i have rome total realism platinum addition modded to the vannilla game right now, that could be an issue

and yes my vanilla game is 1.5, so if i copy the vanilla game and alex to a different folder and instal it to there, that should work?

Blog Entries

oooo cause i have rome total realism platinum addition modded to the vannilla game right now, that could be an issue
    Almost certainly. Might be best to reinstall RTW patch it to 1.5, reinstall Alex and then install WoS.

Content Emeritus

ok so im assuming i should install rome tw vanilla 1.5 to a new folder

ok thanks again ill let you know if it works

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I thought RTR Platinum was modfoldered?

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Im looking forward to playing this! Im downloading it right now!

gaius_caesar's Avatar Decanus

after long months of waiting for my RTW-Alex game to arrive, I finally can play this mod! looking forward to the awesomeness of it!

Content Emeritus

Hey i got this fantastic mod to work and i am extremely enjoing it, but i was wondering does anyone else lose around 10,000 denarii after platea?

i mean it says if you win you will get a rich reward, but when i won i got a great defecit, and my treasury ended up at -5600 or so denarii

im not sure if i should "cheat" somewhat and replenish my treasury back to its original score or if this is suppossed to happen, if it is, ill just drain my treasury from what i added

thanks again, and thanks fo such a great mod

Blog Entries

Did you disband your army after the battle?. iirc the unit upkeep is set to hit your economy if you try to keep that army. Also -5600 isn't such a huge hit, building your economy back up shouldn't take so long without using a cheat. Glad your enjoying the mod.

Content Emeritus

oh ok so it would probably be smart to disband that army? ok ill do that but possibly keep a few of the superior units in order to units all of Southern Greece

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Just downloaded. As soon as i have time to play again a mod, i'll play your work (i feel an urgent need for an antique environment again ). Oh, and yes, i'll finally order Alexander via Amazon as cd version for this purpose (edit: done), after my last attempt (last year or so) failed to get a proper dl-version from an internet-shop.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 06, 2009 at 06:29 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Halie this is awesome!! You and you're team are absolutely masters of your craft!!

Blog Entries